shout out to the other staff who exist at the club

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get a bit annoyed that he gets all the credit. While he's got a big profile in the game and may sway the occasional player across to the club, he joined when the worst of the club's issues were behind us. Our cap was in a position to improve the roster, the Anderson's had already begun to get our junior nursery supporting more numbers etc.

From what I've heard, the club tried to bring him in a couple of seasons earlier and he stayed the hell away while we were still stuck firmly in the mud.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get a bit annoyed that he gets all the credit. While he's got a big profile in the game and may sway the occasional player across to the club, he joined when the worst of the club's issues were behind us. Our cap was in a position to improve the roster, the Anderson's had already begun to get our junior nursery supporting more numbers etc.

From what I've heard, the club tried to bring him in a couple of seasons earlier and he stayed the hell away while we were still stuck firmly in the mud.
The only reason he stayed away from the shambles that was, because he and the Andersons hate one another. They were literally the reason he didn't come our way earlier.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only reason he stayed away from the shambles that was, because he and the Andersons hate one another. They were literally the reason he didn't come our way earlier.
Yeah was going to say something similar and that B-town lad could be an Anderson sympathiser. I don’t really have a problem with them, they came in during some dark days in the club and started the turn around. But some dodgy decisions were still made, DWZ contract one of them. Don’t have a problem with them hiring Barrett it was his influence that started the rebuild with the players that came on board in 2022.

But not acknowledging the good that Gould has done in a little over 12 months is just petty.

B-Town Lad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

You’re right alan. Gus swanned in at the most opportunistic time for us, cashed up, only one way to go was up. He knows he can’t lose and oh boy is he happy to lap up the accolades from our braindead fans who cant see the bigger picture at

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d like to thank Jim’s Mowing for keeping the field in pristine condition.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah was going to say something similar and that B-town lad could be an Anderson sympathiser. I don’t really have a problem with them, they came in during some dark days in the club and started the turn around. But some dodgy decisions were still made, DWZ contract one of them. Don’t have a problem with them hiring Barrett it was his influence that started the rebuild with the players that came on board in 2022.

But not acknowledging the good that Gould has done in a little over 12 months is just petty.
A lot of the ground work/tidy up was no doubt initiated prior to Gus’s arrival and credit to the team at that time. A lot of the real work remains hidden from view.
However our improvement in roster & coaching team, junior pathway development, improvements in Salary cap and contract management etc, has really accelerated exponentially since Gus came on board. He makes mistakes occasionally, but overall great outcome. The future is looking so bright. Excited!