Should we target Papenhauzen in 2022?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon he's going to be the best player in the game at some stage of his career and he's only 21! The way he played in the GF shows a lot of maturity for a kid. He comes off contract in 2022. He should be a target signing for us, throw a million at him i reckon...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think we need to find a position for Averillo. Burton is five-eighth and from what I've seen Averillo's not a centre or winger. I think we need to target a hooker and prop.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’d be surprised if we even get in a position to sign him as I think the Storm will wrap him up long term.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can definitely have a chat, we may be a team players want to play for after 2021, so it’s possible.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He would be great, but Averillo is priority. Couldn't imagine anyone stealing Papenhuyzen, hed be mad to leave with Slater helping him.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Slatter is his mentor. I reackon hes had something to do with his improvement. Paps is on his way to being the second best fullback in the NRL. I couldnt see him being enticed to leave Melbourne when hes on track to becoming a million dollar fullback.

Dingobat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Will the storm still have the same pull to retain and entice players to the club once Bellamy leaves?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Papenhauzen? What for? By 2022 in the backs we will have Hopoate, Meaney, DMZ, Cotric, Averillo, JAC, Okunbor. 7 guys for 5 backs positions.

We need a hooker and its complete

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon he's going to be the best player in the game at some stage of his career and he's only 21! The way he played in the GF shows a lot of maturity for a kid. He comes off contract in 2022. He should be a target signing for us, throw a million at him i reckon...
If you're going to spend $1m on a player the only one worth near that by end of 22 will be Grant. A dummy half with skill and vision will be the most influential position on the game as shown by C Smith. If Avo is as good as we expect we won't need Paps by then.

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We have similar players who can be as good as him at FB etc Averillo, Fox
Hopefully Averillo finds his place in the position he has the skill just need to learn how to defend