Opinion Should we still chase Jayden Sullivan ?

Should we still chase Jayden Sullivan ?

• Yes

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's reports Flano Senior is happy to let him walk. Do you think Sexton is our long term answer or we sign Sullivan and let them fight it out to see whose best with the other one as back up. They say Sullivan is on 500K but the Dragons may be willing to pay some of this.

If we can get him at around 350K I think it's a good idea. We need back up for Burton also. Remember we're losing Reynolds and Flanagan. We might not re-sign BBO and Gus thinks Oloapu is a lock.

If we have 2M for 2024 as Gus says there's still plenty of money available for middles.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nope.. We have Sexton and other young halves coming through. 300k or more on Sullivan would be wasted money when he's been very average with Saints this year and we need basically a whole new pack of forwards.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He has also played full back for Saints. Could be good cover for 2 spots.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saying in paper tigers are odds on. They need him more and will be prepared to chip in more freight than us

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has also played full back for Saints. Could be good cover for 2 spots.
I think that's the key as it's either he or Burton at 6 at this point in time. Not sure yet how much of an organising half he is which is what Sexton is. Plus can't see him signing for anything low so we'd be have to pay a fair amount for him to be willing to join.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
yes we need depth in the spine positions.
would keep sexton on his toes..
We need competition for spots

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that's the key as it's either he or Burton at 6 at this point in time. Not sure yet how much of an organising half he is which is what Sexton is. Plus can't see him signing for anything low so we'd be have to pay a fair amount for him to be willing to join.
Sullivan strength isn’t as an organiser. He is probably more suited to 6.

However Sullivan would be a better controlling backup 7 than anything we currently have. He can actually play 7. Other than Sexy we don’t have anyone that can play the 7 role.

Our Achilles heel for the last few years has been a lack of organisation. To have some depth in this area would be great.

CC doesn’t have the balls to do it but Sullivan at 6, Sexton at 7 and Burton to centre would work.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought he was going to feed our scrums in 2024, well according to Buzz lol.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If it means getting Burton into the centres and running a Sexton, Sullivan halves combo than yes. I’ve given up on Burton as a 6. Just has no ball-playing, IQ, defense, enough involvement then he should to take us to the next level. The defense Burton produces is what costs us most games plus his kicking game and decision making is so shite

Reactions: CMP

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton is rubbish so yeah they should be chasing someone who actually has a clue how to set up tries