Opinion Should we re-sign Jack Hethrington?

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No need to rush into it..... he's still contracted for 2 more years if we choose to pick up the option.

Last edited:

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In the gym you would say Jack is jacked! But if Jack can jack his game to the next level then Jack could be a jack of all trades! Or...if Jack is a jackass on the field and jacks off the referees, then Trent will tell Jack to jack off and hit the road Jack and Jack will end up with jack shit! 88

Last edited:

TAS

All In
Reaction score
No need to rush. He should focus on playing good, hard, footy, and if he manages to do that with little to no suspensions along the way, his form would then warrant an extension discussion.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not yet needs to show he can control his agression, we all like him when he's playing but it's exactly that he's had 10 weeks of suspensions this year.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
While his aggression is good, more often than not he is out suspended. As a prop, he was average and didn’t stand out in the games he played. Hopefully he gets the chance at second row and kills it.

Reactions: 88

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In the gym you would say Jack is jacked! But if Jack can jack his game to the next level then Jack could be a jack of all trades! Or...if Jack is a jackass on the field and jacks off the referees, then Trent will tell Jack to jack off and hit the road Jack and Jack will end up with jack shit! 88
You reckon he’s got a Jack in his boot?

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
he is a no2 front rower and should excell next to Vaughan .
He was valiant with the unfair burden of being the no1 front rower last year and also an easy target.
With TPJ ,Vaughan ,asiata added to pack he won't stand out
I say re sign !

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
he is a no2 front rower and should excell next to Vaughan .
He was valiant with the unfair burden of being the no1 front rower last year and also an easy target.
With TPJ ,Vaughan ,asiata added to pack he won't stand out
I say re sign !
He isn't a prop, overrated as fuck. If he doesn't make it on the edge he won't be anything more than a 200k bench forward.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree He makes a very good bench forward.
I would 100% start him on an edge, we have nothing there and he has the potential to be a genuine strike forward out wide under the current rules with his pace and strength. Rather Thompson, TPJ, Vaughan, Patolo, Ava, etc as middles.

Reactions: 88

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I would 100% start him on an edge, we have nothing there and he has the potential to be a genuine strike forward out wide under the current rules with his pace and strength. Rather Thompson, TPJ, Vaughan, Patolo, Ava, etc as middles.
he is at the moment first edge forward picked imo. other players you have mentioned can only play middle, none are edge forwards

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
If he can't fix his tackling then no.

Just like Foran but for different reason's, waste of money if their on the sidelines 50% of the time.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Coaches have to select players in positions where they can have an impact in the games.
All players have different attributes. It is wrong to place players in the front row, if they are "not" front rowers.
I believe that Hetherington is an edge forward. I also believe that Thompson is much more effective when he plays on an edge.
Back row should be Thompson, Hetherington and Jackson.
Front row will be TPJ and Vaughn, although TPJ plays much better when running the ball.
I am hoping Patolo improves to be a starting prop.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd like us to re sign the guy.
But not as a prop,
2nd row or lock forward is his best position in my opinion.

The guy goes well, just need the ref's to stop picking on him.

Unfortunately with his past, he will spend time on the sidelines, so that needs to be factored into his worth and contract value.

But yes, I'd be signing Jim up,

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not yet he has only played on the edge for 1-2 games at the end of the year!
Typical Kennel eg Lichaa
He hasn't proven himself on the edge yet and he doesn't have an off load.
We need to see more of him on the edge before we rush in and re-sign him.