Opinion Should we re-sign Jack Hethrington?

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he can fix his tackle technique yes. There’s a difference between being aggressive and being lazy. He’s borderline lazy a lot of the time. Perhaps on the edge he won’t feel the need to tackle above the shoulders

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The only players we should discuss re-signing in 2023 are top class players the team can't do without, Jack doesn't fall into this class. Just see how 2022 goes.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think he can be a real weapon playing on the edge. He has all the tools (size, strength, pace, offload) to be successful and a real asset to the team. Hopefully he starts in the backrow and shows consistent improvement in the first half of the season...then I would re-sign him

BUT.....if he doesn't refine his tackling technique and dramatically improve his discipline he will be a liability again, and I wouldn't re-sign him

The ball really is in his court

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's got a lot to prove before earning a new contract with us or anyone with the amount of games he's missed due to suspension and his carry over points.. Not to mention aside from the game where he played on an edge and another game or two here and there, he wasn't very good when he played..

Hopefully he transitions to the 2nd row well and builds off last season and avoids as many suspensions. Then and only then can anyone consider a new deal. Until we see him do it consistently, I'll be sceptical as his defensive technique is shocking and he loves a brain snap...

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Big Jack, Thompson, TPJ, RFM keep the lot jizza jizza..

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He absolutely should be re-signed. He will have a ball playing on an edge, probably from the bench.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope he has a brain and the coaching staff can sort out his technique during the off season because I really want him to succeed.
If not he'll be useless to us.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
let's see how Hetherington starts next season and whether he can lock down a spot in the 17, whether at prop, back row or off the bench, AND be disciplined... if he is going to spend half his time suspended, then what is the point