1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Opinion Should we Pay the $250000 Fine or Just say No

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by sideswip, Sep 13, 2018.

1. sideswip

sideswip Waterboy

My thoughts are we should inform the NRL we have fined the players and will not be paying the $250K fine, at the end of the day what can the NRL do to impose it? if we dont pay it are they going to Fine us again?

2. timetopisshasleroff

timetopisshasleroff Forum Regular

$5 a week !

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Hot Dog

Hot Dog Forum Regular

I don't think it works that way unfortunately. We will be forced to the full $250k unless the NRL are satisfied with our response. The 3 players fined is start and will reduce the fine. But they really want to see heads roll. Only this will drop the final amount issued by the NRL. They failed to do it to Cronulla after the Dugan and Fifita podcast so will make the example out of us. AGAIN. We are always the dummy case. Like when we cheated the cap and lost all our points, and since then they have softened on it, look at Parra last season. We can't not pay it as they will deduct it from our NRL grant. They control the purse. I just hope that we don't make anyone fall on their sword for this just to reduce the amount. We have money, so I would hope they stay loyal and just pay up. I still burn about Turvey stepping down after Coffs Harbour.

4. GrogDog

GrogDog bad attitude

If anyone had seen the Kent V Beattie interview that was floating around on FB (Linked below now) then we would all be saying NO. I would be advising the NRL that we will pay 20k fine as that would be about on par for the normal, we will not continue to be made an example of (which is what Beattie said) especially while other clubs continue to be unsanctioned for their episodes (Fafita & Dugan podcast, Matt Lodge, Cronulla cheating, Cam Smith cheating etc etc etc). I would saying 250k is ridiculous and you cannot justify the amount based on precedence and if you wish to go to court than let's go. Plus the amount of disrepute the admin is putting the game through is way more damaging than a private function with some stalker taking picture with a telescopic lens.

Edit: Plus for once public opinion is clearly on our side in this issue, I would say 90% of the RL fans agree this is BS.

Edit2: Furthermore I would be taking the DT and photographers to court regarding the pictures and lack of permission. I would rather our club throw 250k towards court costs and making a statement that our club will no longer allow the biased attitude to continue and be made examples of just because we can afford it.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
    • Best Post Best Post x 5
  5. c-b-b

c-b-b Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member Gilded

They take $250k off our grant, we don't pay a fine. So we have zero choice.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Dingo

Dingo Go the dogs

Is the figure non-negotiable? I would argue the severity of the fine.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  7. Bluebody

Bluebody The Strategist

We should pay it on the condition the Daily Telegraph match it. They profited heavily from stalking and invading someone's privacy and a 250K fine should be giving to Charity. Or the DT should be paying half the fine given they profited so well from it.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Kennel Addict

I recon it will end up being $100k or $150k and the rest suspended.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Qld-Dog

Qld-Dog Immortal

$100K, $150K, $200K or $250K....its all unacceptable and way over the top IMO. I think it will be reduced to a more acceptable amount! we will find out soon enough I guess!

• Like Like x 2
  10. GrogDog

GrogDog bad attitude

I think there will be a "suspended" portion too. I doubt they thought that such a huge portion of the public would call it BS. Suspended is a way of reducing while keeping face.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Kennel Addict

Today is the day the club have to tell the NRL if we are appealing I’d be shocked and disappointed if we don’t.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. GrogDog

GrogDog bad attitude

The last thing the NRL would want is us to appeal it and make them justify the decision. I think the facts about how this came about should see the light of day!

13. Nasheed

Nasheed Forum Regular

theongoing dispute would bring the game into more disrepute than mad monday ever did.

if NRL had just let it go or imposed a small fine it wouldnt have blown up. They are too blame

• Like Like x 1
  14. GA45

GA45 Forum Regular

Fuck paying it and fuck the administration the useless pricks

15. CroydonDog

CroydonDog Immortal Gilded

I agree that I think some of it will eventually be "suspended".

But as others ave said, if we don't pay up, it will just be taken out of the club grant.

16. dogluva

dogluva Immortal

I don't know but I get the feeling from hearing some things last Sunday that the club is extremely unhappy with the way the NRL has looked at the Mad Monday episode. I believe they will be working in private to have the fine reduced substantially and that the skeletons in the NRL closet will be rattled. There are so many things inherently wrong with the way this was handled by the NRL including their blinkered understanding of the fact that if the Tele did not go out of its way to MAKE this a sordid little party piece in their publication NOTHING would have been ever known.The fact that Greenberg actually was allowed to watch the video ( still can't work out how he was) defies belief. Yeah if it was a CCTV footage that was the property of the NRL I could understand but it is the property of the establishment in which it was taken. I read that under the law the footage is only kept for a specific period of time and then deleted unless required by the LAW and that it is a big no no to ever use the footage for private gain or purposes.

Listening to Beattie he made little sense in relation to answering the questions re inaction in other things ( Fafita etc). They were unhappy with the Canberra punishment and increased that but were happy with the Cronulla ones involving Fafita and Dugan and took no such action in increasing them. He bumbled and stumbled trying to cover his and his NRL asses.

• Best Post Best Post x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dognacious

Dognacious Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member Gilded

If u took a photo of somebody nude on a public beach and published it, you would be arrested and sued. You take a nude photo of a partner and publish it with the intent of embarrassing them, you get arrested and sued. Yet u take a nude photo of someone at a private function, and publish it with the intent of embarassing them and their employer, nothing, and the person photographed and their club get a fine and the person photographed is arrested.

I dont get it....

Todd is a deadset muppet

• Best Post Best Post x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Boxer

Boxer THE BOSS Gilded

Fuck the NRL don’t pay shit, let them take it from the grant and we should refuse to pay any future fines.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Como Dog

Como Dog Forum Regular

100% agree. Also we've always been at war with the media and that won't change so better off fighting than playing nice.

20. D- voice

D- voice Forum Regular

We should Say NO to the criminals
    Stop Your BULLYING News Ltd, Channel 9 and The National Rorters League !!!

• Best Post Best Post x 2
  21. Novdoggie

Novdoggie Kennel Enthusiast

I'm sure we don't pay the fine. The fine comes out of funding allocated next year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1