Opinion Should we Pay the $250000 Fine or Just say No

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck the NRL don’t pay shit, let them take it from the grant and we should refuse to pay any future fines.
They always take the fines from the grant.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well given it's 4PM and there's nothing from the club, it's starting to sound like we've bent over and copped it up the arse from the NRL.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well given it's 4PM and there's nothing from the club, it's starting to sound like we've bent over and copped it up the arse from the NRL.
It means nothing I doubt they will make any statement about it either way.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good question.
The club already knee jerked and fined the players.

The real issue is big.
Role of media and in this case when is media invading people's private time and manufacturing incident for profit.
I'm of the opinion they had no right to be there and no rightness in publishing that crap.

But the influence News limited has on the game is huge so its a done deal.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My thoughts are we should inform the NRL we have fined the players and will not be paying the $250K fine, at the end of the day what can the NRL do to impose it? if we dont pay it are they going to Fine us again?
I don’t think clubs pay fines
I think the NRL deducts the amounts when they give clubs their yearly allocation
The NRL take the money that way

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well Buzz got one thing right, Richest club in the league. Hence why I don't understand why the NRL fuck with us so much, you would think they would want us to prosper seeing as we are a huge asset to them. Rich club with loyal & passionate fans.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd fight the fine and if the courts rule that it was a wrongful fine given the precedents I'd counter sue the NRL for whacking us with an undue fine if that was possible. Alongside of that I'd be looking at ways to legally screw news limited for predatory journalism and breaches of privacy..

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nope. Give it to a charity of the club's choosing. Don't give those corrupt fucks a cent.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO WAY! the fine is ridiculously over the top....I believe the scum Daily Telegraph should pay %100 of this fine and also the fines the players copped.

I think all the NRL players need to get together at the completion of this season and hash out some ground rules for the NRL and Journos re privacy. Its time for the players to seize some control of this game because at the moment the media and the NRL don't give a fuck, the players are treated with contempt.

What happened to the bulldogs players on mad Monday was totally unacceptable should never be permitted again. Now if there had have been a complaint from the public then fair enough but given there was no complaint whatsoever confirms this was a total stitch-up by the Telegraph Journos.

Last edited:

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think everyone should petition for a royal commission into the media , they have become a law unto themselves , peddle a lot of bs and do lots of illegal acts but everyone seems scared to go after them

Have a royal commission and put these crims behind bars

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My thoughts are we should inform the NRL we have fined the players and will not be paying the $250K fine, at the end of the day what can the NRL do to impose it? if we dont pay it are they going to Fine us again?
You don’t pay fines they just deduct it from the grant

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL has set a precedent. The size of the fine would need to go into the millions should a more serious team incident occur. More cash for their coffers. They may even do a deal with the news agencies.

cazman

Waterboy
Reaction score
Ok let's see what the Rabbits, and a very high profile player cop after tomorrow

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
CANTERBURY have replied to the NRL’s record breach notice in the hope that part of the $250,000 fine will be reduced following their mad Monday celebrations.

It is understood the Bulldogs have written a detailed submission in response to the breach notice served to them by the NRL this month. They had until Thursday to reply.

The Bulldogs clarified elements of the NRL’s allegations and have given their version of events which led to two players being charged by police.

NRL boss Todd Greenberg will now read through the submission before deciding if part of the Bulldogs fine is either reduced or suspended.

Bulldogs chief executive Andrew Hill said he was “disappointed at the severity of the fine” during a press conference last week.

A host of Bulldogs staff members who were present during the celebrations are also expected to come under scrutiny by the club.

The club hit four players with $60,000 worth of fines. They were Adam Elliott, Asipeli Fine (both $25,000 with $10,000 suspended), Zac Woolford and Marcelo Montoya (both $10,000 with $5000 suspended).

Long-term sponsor Jaycar also walked out on the Bulldogs, costing them $500,000.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/news-story/30dabcfce8a8da94b0488c3a815435cc

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
CANTERBURY have replied to the NRL’s record breach notice in the hope that part of the $250,000 fine will be reduced following their mad Monday celebrations.

It is understood the Bulldogs have written a detailed submission in response to the breach notice served to them by the NRL this month. They had until Thursday to reply.

The Bulldogs clarified elements of the NRL’s allegations and have given their version of events which led to two players being charged by police.

NRL boss Todd Greenberg will now read through the submission before deciding if part of the Bulldogs fine is either reduced or suspended.

Bulldogs chief executive Andrew Hill said he was “disappointed at the severity of the fine” during a press conference last week.

A host of Bulldogs staff members who were present during the celebrations are also expected to come under scrutiny by the club.

The club hit four players with $60,000 worth of fines. They were Adam Elliott, Asipeli Fine (both $25,000 with $10,000 suspended), Zac Woolford and Marcelo Montoya (both $10,000 with $5000 suspended).

Long-term sponsor Jaycar also walked out on the Bulldogs, costing them $500,000.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/news-story/30dabcfce8a8da94b0488c3a815435cc
Any fine is too much. The DT brought the game into disrepute by getting photos of things nobody would have seen otherwise and making a big circus out of it.

And ive said before Jaycar jumped at the chance to get out, retail is doing it tough. You can get everything Jaycar sells online cheaper. So its not about costing us $500,000, it was a lot more about Jaycar saving $500,000