Should us the fans have a say in recruitment?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
its like saying bands could seek the guidance and creativity of their fans to write the next big hit album.
So true. Regardless of your craft it’s hard enough with those actually capable, so forget the armchair experts. Years ago I was talking to a well known Aussie muso who after years apart had just gotten his band back together. He said: ‘It’s like getting back with your ex: you remember the good times and think it’ll be easy enough to rekindle the magic, but in reality she’s still a pain in the arse - and now she’s put on weight too!’ :-)

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
But imagine if Skeet Ulrich tweeted a sound snippet beforehand?
Skeet plays in Metallica??
So Lars was in the Scream movies??
Yeah, I’m sure Lars really regrets their biggest seller that made them all multi-millionaires. Such a ‘sellout’. Far wiser to take the advice of the mosh pit :tearsofjoy:.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Definitely a ridiculous thread. Although it would be hilarious if fans got a say in recruitment. Silly threads arent against the rules here though, within reason, and nobody has to read them. Thats for the people who get indignant and abusive when people create silly threads.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

I was just thinking, ahead of time, how engaged we fans are in all facets of the club, but no more than recruitment matters.

I find it kind of insane we are so invested but we only allow Gus and Cirro to make multi million dollar decisions regarding purchases.

It’s like they make the decisions and we are left with the bag or do all the discussing and half the time we hated the ourchase in the first place.
When we hired Sione Katoa for two years after his was unwanted and was ringing club to club, I didn’t understand why we gave him not one, but a two year deal.
Ditto the Lichaa hiring.
No need to lock in two years. He was useless.

So how can we have no say in what hairbrained or genius idea they have?

Gus talks to us directly on Snapchat and Twitter.

Would it be the worst idea to gauge the fans reactions to signing ideas?

‘Hey guys, what are your thoughts on Moses as a 7?’ He could ask on Twitter and some very knowledgeable fans will give input.

How often have TK seen things before it happened?

If Barrett and Anderson had asked us ‘who should we have as our 7 going forward?’ I’m 99% certain Adam Reynolds would be our half atm and not @Flanagun.

And then if it fails at least we can say it’s on us?
Family club after all aren’t we?

Ps. I’m not talking about kids. I don’t know them and that’s better left to people who get the junior system.
Bloody awesome idea...
We can hold open meetings at Belmore sports ground, the 20 thousand TK members would turn up with drums banners and all and Nasheed you can be our speaker,
Not only we can solve our clubs recruitment problems we can also fined a cure for cancer and eliminate world hunger and while we are at it we can secure permanent world peace !!!
That's only in the first meeting but in order to achieve this we must to bring back the Andersons Dunn and Hill to overlook all the processes :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
We are then left with the major concerning problem, who will do the catering ?
Will it be Jobel's Cafe or Awafi Chicken ???
For variety reasons I think we should go with both :tonguewink::laughing::tearsofjoy:
Fairdinkum...

Last edited:

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skeet plays in Metallica??
So Lars was in the Scream movies??
Yeah, I’m sure Lars really regrets their biggest seller that made them all multi-millionaires. Such a ‘sellout’. Far wiser to take the advice of the mosh pit :tearsofjoy:.
the black album quadrupled their fan base. Not sure what the ops was on about.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
the black album quadrupled their fan base. Not sure what the ops was on about.
Just trollin’ as usual. You’ll notice he ‘accidentally’ gets names wrong yet close ie: Lars/Skeet Ulrich or Dean/Darren Britt. It’s a common tactic to get a bite yet then feigns innocence: ‘Oh yeah, I meant Lars’. Sure you did Nashy :-).