Should sherwin be dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree that we cannot blame just one player. We had opportunities to put points on the board and blew them with some silly mistakes.

But something is not right with Shifty. He was playing a safe game with his kicks when something more adventurous was called for. Maybe he was afraid of giving Slater field position with the ball, but rolling it over the sideline for a Storm feed put the brakes on any attack we could muster in their half. A good attacking halfback should have tried other options.

There were times when we had the Sorm on the back foot, then let them off the hook with "nothing" kicks on the fifth tackle. Not good enough.

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
STUPIDITY!!!!

bULLDOGS ARE not A ONE MAN TEAM. and so the finger of blame should not be pointed at Sherwin!!!

Sherwin needs room to play a natural game. He needs more attacking options and impact players to work with.

Once our forward pack regroups and move us forward and be more aggressive, watch sherwin shine!

Bek

JC is my homeboy
Reaction score
no way he will be dropped and no way he should be dropped.He is a lot better with braith at 5/8th

Hazem

Waterboy
Reaction score
Should Sherwin Be Dropped? YES SIR!!! i cant stand this guy at the moment, we need him 2 step up and look what his doing, NOTHING. ever since he signed the his contract a while ago he has never been the same, but dont worry when its the last year of his deal he will start 2 play good again. drop him 4 a week or 2.

T

TdoggBulldog

Warn him, say if you dont perform this week or next week we will have to bench you, or drop you for a week... i believe that will give him a boost quick smart!

dog mad

Kennel Established
Reaction score
^^^
Umm He Was Benched Last Week! And He Didnt Perform Any Better 2nyt!

C

Cookie^Monstah

i thought women were more driven on emotions....seems like u men have problems thinking clearly when the emotions cloud over...

azza84

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
dog mad said:
C. Hughes To 7
Anasta 6

Sherwin - Prems For A Week Or 2 Wont Hurt! Cant Be Any Worse Than What It Is Now!

i agree sherwin to PL next week.

alot of changes have to be made...not just sherwin.

W.TONGA IN FOR PHELPS (ISNT PHELPS INJURIED) IF NOT AND W.TONGA ISNT BACK THEN KEEP PHELPS AS HE WAS GREAT TONIGHT.

ANASTA 5-8/HUGHES HALFBACK - SHERWIN TO PL FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES TO GET HIM BACK TO HIS FORM IN MY OPINION.

PERRY IN FOR BRIDESON - BRIDESON DIDNT HAVE A BAD GAME BUT PERRY IS BETTER FOR MINE.

MASON IN FOR CONN - AGAIN CONN WASNT BAD BUT WE NEED BIG WILLIE MASON BACK.

IRVINE IN FOR CUTLER - CUTLER WAS GOOD, BUT WE NEED IRVINE ON THE BENCH TO FILL IN FOR PERRY WHEN HE NEEDS A REST + I WANT TO SEE IRVINE.

RYAN IN FOR MCLLWAIN - MCLLWAIN WASNT BAD BUT WE NEED OUR CAPTAIN BACK.

So this would be my team...

My team for next week, no bullsh*t anymore we need our best team, and changes have to be made no more *****ing around this week Folkes.

dogs v warriors

1. patten
2. el masri
3. lolesi
4, tonga (back from injury) or Phelps if he isnt Injuried.
5. utai
6 anasta (back from origin)
7 hughes
8 o'meley
9 perry (back from injury)
10 asotasi
11 myles
12 ryan (back from origin)
13 grimaldi

14 irvine (back from injury)
15 mason (back from injury)
16 armit
17 c.tonga

IN - TONGA, ANASTA PERRY, RYAN, IRVINE, MASON

OUT - PHELPS, SHERWIN, BRIDESON, MCLLWAIN, CONN, CUTLER

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Number13 said:
Sherwin should go back to digging trenches.
he's a landscaper mate lol but yeah i dont think he'l be giving up footy just yet. drop him 2 reserve grade until he learns his lesson.

16-13

Waterboy
Reaction score
You can't drop him. He is still a class player lacking confidence. He will turn in a blinder very shortly and snap out of his form slump.

I thought tonight he did try and have a go. It didn't come off but he was willing to try things such as run the ball on the fifth and go for touch from the 20m tap. We will be telling a different story if these little things came off. Like I said he is at least trying these things tonight.

The last 2 months he has done nothing and tried nothing. At least he had a go.

Jimmy_Ecstasy™

Gold Coast Fan since 88'
Reaction score
I would not be turning my back on one of the better halves in the competition for the simple fact he is down a little on confidence. It will be back, on his day, Sherwin is a match winner.

Steve Folkes will persist with Sherwin, and trust me, he will come good. Thankfully for the boys slogging it out each weekend, Folkes does not have a short memory like some on here.

With Anasta and Ryan back on deck next week, Mason to come back, Sherwin will spark back to life and this thread will be forgotten.

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
we cant drop him, simple as that. you cant forget the years of good hes done for us in the snap of a finger!

T

TdoggBulldog

actually thinking about it... shifty did have a bit of a better game this w/e.... he put some classy kicks in, just the whole team was performing badly and that didnt help, next week hopefully we will see the old shifty back!

C

Cookie^Monstah

16-13 said:
You can't drop him. He is still a class player lacking confidence. He will turn in a blinder very shortly and snap out of his form slump.

I thought tonight he did try and have a go. It didn't come off but he was willing to try things such as run the ball on the fifth and go for touch from the 20m tap. We will be telling a different story if these little things came off. Like I said he is at least trying these things tonight.

The last 2 months he has done nothing and tried nothing. At least he had a go.
yup...he did try...
he was about to kick a 40-20 which we all know he would have pulled off but was run down by a defender...
little things like that show he still has it in him but come on....we were lacking the go-forward 2night anyways

MSeLmAgIc

*Mutha Function*
Reaction score
All i have to say is whoever has been saying "Let Anasta go, good we don't need him" shame on you!!!!!! And tonight was just one reason for me saying this...Sherwin needs Anasta, and without Anasta the dogs struggle, our attack is nothing without him.....say what you want about my post but i will not change my opinion, Anasta is a Bulldogs asset that will be extremely missed next season.

*Karlz*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reaction score
Bulldogs Gal10 said:
i dont believe this...the team as a whole is struggling! The problem isnt Sherwin!
I agree, he isnt the only one who had a bad game tonight, and he isnt the only one who generally isnt in his best form.

Jimmy_Ecstasy™

Gold Coast Fan since 88'
Reaction score
hazmak said:
Mason ain't back for 3 more weeks...
I think most are well aware.....when I wrote "Mason to come back", it was not suggesting next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.