Sherwin

Status
Not open for further replies.

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
Bring back Shifty!

DJ really needs a lesson from Joey or someone.

I agree with Gamee, some more structure at the start and we would have scored.

We had great structure first 3 games, it all went out the window tonight. Just trying to barge over every time.

What happened??

Yak From Yass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Shifty was good in his day but those days are long gone. Last year he continually ran the same plays and was very predictable. He lost his speed (it could be debated if he really ever had any) and his finesse (yes he did have finesse in his day).

Bulldogs50

Justin..
Reaction score
im with you there MrC. He couldnt do any worse than those hacks tonight. What happened to that consistency Johns was supposed to bring to the halves, jeez!

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
X2 ON BRING BACK SHIFTY. OR MABE JOHNS WANTS TO HAVE ANOTHA GO? ANYONE BRING BACK TERRY LAMB FFS WE NEED SOMEONE THAT HAS A FOOTY BRAIN AT ****ING HALFBACK.(sorry for the caps abit anoyd)

PineappleBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
because we SUCK!

stuck with the same fkn players year in year out if they dont perform FK EM OFF! if utai cant jump buy someone WHO CAN! if holdsworth cant direct a game like a good half should FK HIM OFF.... ffs im so pissed off 20% more direction in attack and we could have had a chance.
shifty was one of those players. I love shifty but he had **** form since 2004

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Bring back Shifty!

DJ really needs a lesson from Joey or someone.

I agree with Gamee, some more structure at the start and we would have scored.

We had great structure first 3 games, it all went out the window tonight. Just trying to barge over every time.

What happened??
Thank you MrC you just had to resurrect this dinosaur

His gone clitty, his gone, let it go

He played last year and done nothing. Would have done nothing again this year IMO

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
sullivan or groom should play half
Its about time Folkes made some tough decisions
koups and ren need to be in the team

PHELPSY

DEEEEEEBO
Reaction score
freken we dont need to focus on the loss of sherwin, we need to figure out a problem to our holdsworth sitation. he cannot play halfback!!!

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Holdsworth or not, the ref was deserving of man of the match for the roosters tonight. So many decisions tonight looked way off and it was making us play desperation football way too early. I got sick of seeing the guys start throwing the ball around on the first tackle. I also thought Holdsworth was getting very little work except for the long kicking duties and it meant the Roosters always knew we were going to spread it to Tonga. Oh and our ball handling was pretty poor tonight also.

On the plus side Roberts, Patten and Sonny Bill were awesome and despite the scoreline everyone did try hard. I'm now going to find something soft to punch, I hate losses like that>:(
plz dont use the ref excuse, instead of losing 40-12 we pprob would have lost 30-12.... we were out played when it mattered. Had nuffin 2 do with the ref. Sure he was abit inconsistent however look at the penalty count, wasnt a huge difference 8-5 roosters way and they just had lady luck on their side. A team really shouldnt score 3 tries from bombs, thats just shameful

Bazza

Big Bad Bustling Barry
Reaction score
he ****ted all over holdsworth and would have tonight even when he wasnt at his best, have we seen many goal line drop outs? NO, any kicks behind the line for roberts to score? NO any banana kicks for el magic to score? NO....

he may have played way below par in his later yrs here, but he craps all over holdsworth...enuff said.
Well said.

Oh how Sherwin would have fit really well in this team, getting quick acurate feeds of sully and with ben roberts in great form as his half combo.

Worst possible decision last year, was to let this guy leave.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well said.

Oh how Sherwin would have fit really well in this team, getting quick acurate feeds of sully and with ben roberts in great form as his half combo.

Worst possible decision last year, was to let this guy leave.
We seem to keep making bad decisions don't we?

Bazza

Big Bad Bustling Barry
Reaction score
freken we dont need to focus on the loss of sherwin, we need to figure out a problem to our holdsworth sitation. he cannot play halfback!!!
Hey mate, just to let you know theres already another thread for Holdsworth sledging.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Yep, When i heard sherwin left i immediately thought bulldogs are ****ed this year. Sherwin even not at his best was a good halfback who knows how to lead a team properly and when at his best he is probably the best halfback in the competition. He is all that you are missing this a halfback who can get line drop outs for repeat sets has a good connection with his outside backs and so on. Bulldogs desperately need a no.7 go out there and get gower @ all costs.

PineappleBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warren Ryan and the ABC radio commentators said they watched Aaron Groom in premier league last year and said he is not ready for first grade.

PineappleBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were just as many "get rid of sherwin" threads when sherwin was here.

He was on and off and everytime we lost it would be "shifty has been in poor form for years now get rid of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.