Sherwin , Sullivan , Roberts and Holdsworth

Status
Not open for further replies.

triplex11

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
lets just all belive that we like all of these 4 players i would like to see where ppl would put these 4 players in our FG side

for me it would be

Sherwin and Sullivan in the half's

Roberts Hooker

and Holdsworth Lock or on the Bench as a impact player !

this would put Reni into a different role if holsworth is lock which i think Reni needs to see alote more ball so put him back into the fireing line !

Corey well i wouldnt have resigned him anyway !

H

Haztrick

If all where in top form, I would go with the following:

06. Holdsworth
07. Sherwin
09. Sullivan
14. Roberts

triplex11

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yeh ?? u would put sullivan in hooker ?? you dont think that would be a waste ??

i did like the holdsworth in the 6 but i cant see his form going like that again

D

DJ ALMO

LOL dude sullivan is originally a hooker,

agreed with Haztrick.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
6. Roberts/Holdsworth
7. Sherwin
9.Hughes
14. Sullivan

Your kidding yourself if you think something different will happen IMO

H

Haztrick

yeh ?? u would put sullivan in hooker ?? you dont think that would be a waste ??

i did like the holdsworth in the 6 but i cant see his form going like that again
Sullivan is a classic hooker. He has the skill, speed and vision and has played there most of his career.

On my selections:
In top form, Holdsworth is a terrific player and a classic 5/8 with all the attributes he should have. He just had a very bad 2007 season. Sherwin is Sherwin, in top form he is awesome. Sullivan, as said above, is a very good hooker with the skill, speed and vision that we need. Roberts off the bench will allow him to use his fancy footwork and skills around the tired forwards after say 20 minutes or so.

It's a combination that I think could work, but one that will never happen as Hughes is Folkes love child for one and Sherwin is very inconsistent.

D

DJ ALMO

Hughes should be there > Roberts, roberts need time back in PL bring back DJ!!

UnderCoverBrother

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Robbert #6 mould him in that position and he'll be a gun for the club in the future :grinning:

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed with above...

Although my opinion differs from you, DJ wouldn't lose us a game like Roberts could...=/

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOL dude sullivan is originally a hooker,

agreed with Haztrick.
Shows how much you know

He was originally a halfback. He has basically played behind Brett Kimmorely his whole NRL career - hence why he was shunned to hooker

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Shows how much you know

He was originally a halfback. He has basically played behind Brett Kimmorely his whole NRL career - hence why he was shunned to hooker
Sullivan was a Half Back??? I though he really was a Hooker. I would replcae Roberts for the Opening Matches & put in Holdsworth to see if he can better Roberts shabby Performance in the late Section of the '07 Season.

RORY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
AAaaarrrgghh this is tough!

I don't think Roberts is a half-back. I like him better at 5/8 but he can be heart attack material and can go missing for a while in games. A few darts out of dummy half have suggested he could make a good hooker, and he has a great kick (when not ill-directed like most of his kicks) which could be used out of dummy half like Cameron Smith. So if I were coach, I would be trialling

6. Holdsworth
7. Sherwin
9. Roberts
14. Sullivan

Gee I was really disappointed in Holdsworth this year!!!He was our most disappointing player this year IMO. He has the talent though so I just hope he can come back in to some form in 2008.

What do I think will happen though.

6. Roberts
7. Sherwin
9. Hughes
14.Sullivan

Folkes may try Holdsworth at 6 in place of Roberts for more "structure" (whatever that means) but I agree with most that Sullivan will be Hughes' interchange for the season.

top_dawg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
this site should be changed to jibberers.com, everyone is calling for holdsworth to be reinstated in the top grade.....based on what? the bloke is a dud,couldnt even compete in the reggies.....note im not favouring any halves combinations atm till we see what sullivan,groom and barba are about,folkes will roll the dice in season 08 and give the young generation a chance to prove they can cut it.......if they cant,we'll be headed for the scrap heap....im actually excited at the likely new direction the club is heading into next season....bring on 08

triplex11

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i seriously think sullivan has the ball skills / speed to be in the half's in the near future if maybe this means sherwin leaves the club sullivan for me is a great move to put in the halfs ,

i think he would be a waste in the 9

and we all saw Roberts at the back end of the season playing awsome in the 9 position he killed it and we all were talking about it !!

Zip

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
6. holdsworth
7. sherwin/roberts
9. hughes
14. sullivan

D

DJ ALMO

Jaybee, he was a halfback but now his original more suited position is hooker, he hasnt played halfback in ages, which made him an original hooker.

RORY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
On Sullivan

I think people should not expect too much too early.

The NRL is a much faster, stronger comp than English Super League, and I can't think of a single player coming back from England who was as good as when they left (Jamie Lyon included).

His style of play can really benefit our club. He is good mates with a mate of mine from his Sharks days and he reckons he's really keen to be back in OZ and playing for the Bulldogs.

Let's hope he gets up to speed quickly.

Could be the buy of the year (it certainly won't be O'Meley)

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i seriously think sullivan has the ball skills / speed to be in the half's in the near future if maybe this means sherwin leaves the club sullivan for me is a great move to put in the halfs ,

i think he would be a waste in the 9

and we all saw Roberts at the back end of the season playing awsome in the 9 position he killed it and we all were talking about it !!
He was signed as a hooker & unless they have a hidden talent there somewhere that is where he will play our hooker stocks are not high. Clark is the only option & he is a year or two away yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.