Shaun Johnson was 95% close to signing

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was responding to him. He responded to
Mine and stated that its news and i was showing it how it wasnt news. Cry just sharing my opinion dont be on a forum if u cant take my words.
LOLLLL it sounds like you who’s crying hence why I called you out.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
95% of signed must be having scribbled Shaun Johnso.....

Honestly haven't rated him in a while. His strength when he hit the NRL was his running game. He's been hot and cold since coaches worked out that's his biggest threat. Now that you add injury prone to his fluctuations in form and the fact that his running game isn't close to what it was and I'd say we probably dodged a bullet.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The fact is the Sharks lost to us without SJ. The next time we played them they dominated us up until SJ went off injured and we were able to get back into the game. He's still a good and impactful player. I think he almost had the most try assists in 2020 before he was ruled out for the season. The only negative thing I can really say about him is he's injury prone. At the time he made his decision I understand why he chose the Warriors over us. It's also his childhood club.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Also shows how powerful Gus is persuading him to join. To all those saying Gus wasn’t involved in recruitment lol
Umm he didn’t sign. I’m a fan of Gus and believe in his pulling power, but that isn’t exactly a glowing endorsement. Lol

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cleary was 0.00001% close to signing. Guess what. Neither signed so nothing to see. Move on.

Malla

Reaction score
He would look good on paper but is too injury prone and tbh not the half we need to play alongside Burton.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares. He didn’t sign with us. We are stuck with what we got for another year

Last edited:

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He would of been great to have for 2 years to help Burton settle in. If anything this just proves that Gus has some serious pulling power and he will be an asset tri us moving forward

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not to be that guy but I fkn told you guys and you laughed it off.

I even told you he was lying through his teeth. I don't bullshit when it comes to info, I just pass on what credible people in the know say to me.

We were already paying overs so you can imagine how much overs the once were's are paying for him.

They made their bed for the washed up dud, they can sleep in it.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
IMO SJ has successfully had a career in the NRL masquerading and getting paid as a marquee player without the form to back it up. In patches he's awesome but overall has rarely delivered when a marquee should. Good luck to him in doing this but I see him for what he is, a good touch footy player.

Is he better then Flanno and the rest of our pretenders at #7? Yes but that means nothing considering our pretenders. I couldn't care less if he was 95% coming over, may aswell be 0% as he didn't do it. It's like saying I wanted to join the Army.

If he was smart he would have come over, we're on the up and any player not wanting to be part of it can get fuked!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
IMO SJ has successfully had a career in the NRL masquerading and getting paid as a marquee player without the form to back it up. In patches he's awesome but overall has rarely delivered when a marquee should. Good luck to him in doing this but I see him for what he is, a good touch footy player.

Is he better then Flanno and the rest of our pretenders at #7? Yes but that means nothing considering our pretenders. I couldn't care less if he was 95% coming over, may aswell be 0% as he didn't do it. It's like saying I wanted to join the Army.

If he was smart he would have come over, we're on the up and any player not wanting to be part of it can get fuked!
Summed up well :grinning:

It was interesting to find out he lied about coming to join us. More fool him but thems the breaks.

Gus says we are developing our own so we move on.

This team will evolve and change as we head towards Top 4 and beyond. All part of the journey back :grinning:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So he was 95% close to signing but 5% got him over to the warriors? Righhht.