Shaun Johnson consolidated thread

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if it has been said before but when a player is coming back from an Achilles injury it takes a year to get full mobility and speed back. If he does come to the Dogs next year, I would expect his running game to be better next year than this year.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not ?
Penrith already said no to Naden coming early. Cronulla are in contention for 8th so probably wont get rid of SJ considering there is still hope for them. Could be wrong though as they've still got Moylan and Townsend there..

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if it has been said before but when a player is coming back from an Achilles injury it takes a year to get full mobility and speed back. If he does come to the Dogs next year, I would expect his running game to be better next year than this year.
As someone that has done their Achilles.
you never fully get back to your former best.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a name you forgot who beat me to the info (Thanks Legend ;) don't know if you want to be named or not)

Word Is He accepted the original offer of 2 years @ 450k and should be announced by Friday.

PS now do people know why we were willing to release DWZ to save 450 a year? ;)
I guessed right at mid 4s as a starting point. I thought it may have settled at high 4s. That's good value considering failed Flanno is on something similar and SJ even with his past injuries is several classes above Flanno. So I guess that we're paying NZ 350k for DWZ next year? SJ replacing DWZ capwise is a huge bonus for us and we should have plenty for a good hooker and props with the amount of players off contract this year.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has been spoon fed with lies about how good he is from his father. It’s the only explanation to why he thinks he is better then he is. That’s why I feel sorry for him. Make sense? Lol
I can imagine the reality check for Flanno came from a conversation like this:
Flanno: Why was I dropped?
TB: As a HB you need to engage the defence, isolate defenders, run the ball, pass with purpose to put players through holes, learn how to kick the ball with the correct amount of weight to land just before the tryline or end before the dead in goal line.
Flanno: When can I learn how to do all of that?
TB: You were supposed to have these skills already coming through the juniors. We can show you how ...... in reserve grade.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TB: As a HB you need to engage the defence, isolate defenders, run the ball, pass with purpose to put players through holes, learn how to kick the ball with the correct amount of weight to land just before the tryline or end before the dead in goal line.
TB: You were supposed to have these skills already coming through the juniors. We can show you how ...... in reserve grade.
Amen to that, how can he get to FG without learning all that in lower grades?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quite embarrassing if you ask me… even earlier in the season I spoke to some dogs supporters who still thought he was a good player. No idea what people watch but from the hand full of games I seen him play at roosters and here… even in nsw cup he has been abysmal… he kills all momentum in attack

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can't offer them anything in return for SJ and Naden. The riff and sharks didn't fall for the "Lewis, Wakeham and Hoppa are future immortals" selling point that we previously tried.
We are probably trying to front load a few contracts this year to save even more money in the cap next year (if that is still allowed).

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amen to that, how can he get to FG without learning all that in lower grades?
I suspect it has to do with his father who must have mind powers over the gullible and fools in high places. It's one of the great mysteries of the modern football is how we ended up with 3 halves in Lewis, Wakeham and Flanno who don't have the skills of a real HB.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We are probably trying to front load a few contracts this year to save even more money in the cap next year (if that is still allowed).
I believe that's still allowed. The club have done a good job in offloading DWZ for SJ, keeps us at the same spot cap wise

Last edited: