Shaun Johnson consolidated thread

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo doesn’t create anything for anyone else at the line. He has fuck all line break assists and duck all try assists , so not sure your argument about that has any validity .

In reading your assessment it seems you are happy to have a team with no one as a game manager to provide direction around the park , and you think this will lead to success ?????? All the good teams have a major play maker directing them around the park . And a lot of great half backs aren’t strong ball runners when they first break into first grade. Cleary took a couple of seasons to get his running game in order. Cronk took a few seasons to develop this as well. What they both had in common though was to be able to direct traffic and pass and kick at the right time and point the forward in the right direction. Flanagan can still work on his running game as his still only young and reality inexperienced himself. If we had a Cam Smith type of 9 capable of running the team then we could probably afford to have Averillo at 7. The fact is we don’t and won’t win footy games persisting with him at 7.
I never said Avo was a long term solution as HB. He's HB now because Flanno, Wakeham and Lewis are all shite at #7.
Do you know what made Sterlo a great #7? He was slow as a snail but he knew when to run the ball and when to pass and kick. He threw MEANINGFUL passes to put players into holes and kicked accurately. Flanno throws NOTHING passes to other players. The opposition knows this and they dead set smash the player who catches the ball.
Flanno's decision making is shite. He is so predictable that when I watch him play I know exactly what he's going to do when he has the ball, pass out the back, pass out the back,... bomb on the last....
When a HB has no running game AND a shite passing game AND a shite kicking game then he's a shite HB and he's NOT directing a team around the park. If Flanno was a great organising HB as you are hinting then why was our attack AND defence so shite when he played?
Why did the Chooks let him go early? Simple. He's crap and Walker has vindicated their decision when he was setting up tries and a match winner on his NRL debut in a chooks side that was missing several key players.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd honestly rather cortic centre and okunbur wing. Okunbur is an attacking weapon and metres eater coming off our line
All depends on Okunbur's comeback though, doesn't it? Think he could potentially be a massive massive asset to the club, but it's not an easy injury to come back from. When's he back?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine if we manage to sign Johnson, B Smith, Burton, JAC, and Naden!!! Will be the best recruitment drive in our history!
I don't know, 1983 & 84 weren't bad. 1993 & 2009 pretty good too.
1983 - Conlon, Gould, Hagan, Leabeater, Leis, Pitman & Spotswood (he was good but too many in front of him)
1984 - Battese, Brohman, Bugden, Burnes, Kelly, Lamb, Mullane, Pobjie & Tunks.
1993 - Bella, Connolly, Dymock, Luke Goodwin, McCracken, Sedaris & Wilson.
2009 - Eastwood, Ennis, Goodwin, Hannant, Hodgson, Kimmorley, Morris & Stagg.

I'm not complaining though!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
All depends on Okunbur's comeback though, doesn't it? Think he could potentially be a massive massive asset to the club, but it's not an easy injury to come back from. When's he back?
He should be back soon

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
At 350k whatever Allen's on he's an expensive backup. Maybe we should start a thread on what a superstar he is in case Tigers recruitment officer is trolling TK
That's how we bought him- lol

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
MasterP is up there, believe me. Can't remember him being wrong in our PMs.

We actually confirm some info together.
Next time you 2 share PMs tag me in please. Thanks in advance.