Sharks vs dogs trial

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sharks better spine (decent difference, Burton only 1 that'd make their team) and forwards (pretty close, Thompson and TPJ would make their team). Backs pretty 50/50 (JAC would make their team, giving benefit of the doubt Schoupp or Naden will be better than Tracey). This will be a good game to see where we're at. I'm just looking for us to be competitive best team vs best team. I have high expectations for the Sharks this year.
Sharks are fucking trash. I'd take Burton and Dufty over Trindall and Kennedy any day. Hynes is better than Avo and hookers are on par.

Sharks won't even make the 8. Their forward pack has too many old, broken down *****.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sharks are fucking trash. I'd take Burton and Dufty over Trindall and Kennedy any day. Hynes is better than Avo and hookers are on par.

Sharks won't even make the 8. Their forward pack has too many old, broken down *****.
Sharks finishing 6th for me. I'd take Kennedy over Dufty. Moylan will be 6 round 1. Brailey also better than JMK (who's one of the worst hookers in the NRL). Finucane, Rudolf, Graham, Nikora, McInnes is a very good forward pack (that's without mentioning BHU and Talakai). Last few years they've been in or around the 8 and they've strengthened their team this year. They've also brought in a coach that every club looking for a change of coach was after.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If thats the team how the fcuk does Barrett choose Okenbur...

I would love to see Khaled rajab get some decent minutes.
So would I.

Khaled Rajab can actually play straight and engage the line, which is something all our other options not named Burton, can't do.

The fact he is in the squad this late in proceedings is interesting.

Last edited:

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So Wakeham and Avo to fight it out for the 7. If I recall Wakeham took control in our last game vs the tigers last year and performed well. Maybe he is just trash playing second fiddle and will flourish when given the keys to the team. Gus did single him out praise on Twitter. Surely this is dropnballs last chance

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Exciting seeing Burton, JAC, Naden run out.
Hetherington back and running on the edge.
If our pack does it’s job, our backline should tear sharks apart.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a popular opinion BUT against Newcastle seconds during the latter part of the second half the dogs had all the ball and did very little with it. The spine during that time didnt really threaten - seemed to be that the either the forwards (particularly Stimson) got in the way of the spine or the spine didnt take advantage of possession n field position. They were all "busy" but apart from Creedence didnt do much constructive or creative.
It was all a bit frantic wasn't it.

We are crying out for some experience in the number 7.

At a minimum we have to get to our kick on the last.

Burton can't be saddled with having to do it all.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So Wakeham and Avo to fight it out for the 7. If I recall Wakeham took control in our last game vs the tigers last year and performed well. Maybe he is just trash playing second fiddle and will flourish when given the keys to the team. Gus did single him out praise on Twitter. Surely this is dropnballs last chance
Wakeham handled the ball 48 times to Jake's 36. Wakeham passed the ball 35 times to Jake's 20. Wakeham kicked 6 times to Jake's 8. Wakeham forced 0 dropouts to Jake's 1. Wakeham had 0 line breaks to Jake's 1. Wakeham and Jake both had 1 line break assist. Wakeham had 2 try assists to Jake's 1. Wakeham had 0 tries to Jake's 2. Wakeham ran 5 times to Jake's 12. Wakeham had 2 tackle breaks to Jake's 7.

Wakeham played the more steady hand that game and has always has been the more traditional half option at the club, his his lack of running game and physical attributes are one do the reasons why Baz hasn't really considered him for the halfback role.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I think the sharks might surprise a few this year and will pressure the fuck out of Averillo. We will have our hands full on Monday night..

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we field that team and don’t win the Kennel will explode.
This is what I would call our grand final trial game.

The club, the team, the fans all need a win to build our CONFIDENCE with what has been achieved in the off-season with new signings but also to rid the feeling of desperation for a win. Anything other than a win.....God help us all.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The **** has to have dirt on Baz man. No way in fucking hell do they not see how useless he is. They continually overlook his terrible hands and positional play because of a couple of decent hitups? Surely not.
I remember when manu vatuvei was like that, very bad hands in early part of his career. To warriors credit they stuck with him but I just can't see it with Okunbor. He didn't play like his spot was in jeopardy the other night, Casey on the other hand probably did enough imo to be picked ahead of okonbur for this trial, even giving creedence toia a chance on the wing considering it is a trial.
We've already seen what okunbor can do in the top 17, why not trial someone else as when someone else plays well it's usually met with they weren't on the same time the opposition was at full strength

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What happened to that Creedence Toia kid?

I don’t think he did anything wrong vs Knights, why has T Baz dropped him for the Sharks trial or is he injured?
Playing against Newtown, probably.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wakeham handled the ball 48 times to Jake's 36. Wakeham passed the ball 35 times to Jake's 20. Wakeham kicked 6 times to Jake's 8. Wakeham forced 0 dropouts to Jake's 1. Wakeham had 0 line breaks to Jake's 1. Wakeham and Jake both had 1 line break assist. Wakeham had 2 try assists to Jake's 1. Wakeham had 0 tries to Jake's 2. Wakeham ran 5 times to Jake's 12. Wakeham had 2 tackle breaks to Jake's 7.

Wakeham played the more steady hand that game and has always has been the more traditional half option at the club, his his lack of running game and physical attributes are one do the reasons why Baz hasn't really considered him for the halfback role.
Obsessed