Sharks vs dogs trial

scottywilson

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Phil tweeted:

You will notice 2 new names on bench for trial on Monday night v Shark. Half Khaled Rajeb & forward Lipoi Hipoi promising local juniors from Bulldog Academy program. Not sure if they get a run, but want them around NRL game day & warm up. Great experience & reward for efforts.
I honestly don't see the point in having 2 rookies in and around the team on a trial and not intend to play them!. Sorry Gus but this is a trial, play blokes that you think may have a chance of playing NRL. They can still hang around the dressing room and sit with the lads in the stand.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ah the kennel, Casey was pretty avg in nsw cup last year he pulls off a couple of good tackles and people on here are immediately sold.

Allan is injured, Lumelume is overseas that leaves okkunbur on the wing you dont break up combos in a trial to try and cover the right wing.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ah the kennel, Casey was pretty avg in nsw cup last year he pulls off a couple of good tackles and people on here are immediately sold.

Allan is injured, Lumelume is overseas that leaves okkunbur on the wing you dont break up combos in a trial to try and cover the right wing.

Let’s hope Burns gets a good go, like Max King, surprises us all & secures that wing spot for Rd.1 over HMAS Knockonbur

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair enough bro I rate BBO but he was pretty avg last week and I’m sure he’ll get game time anyway to stake another claim. Is Allan even fit?
I think so? He hasn’t been reported as unfit or injured or covid? Not sure aye.
BBO looked very likely last week. Let’s not forget. Half the time he played was at 6 next to Averillo with a pretty much Flegg side. Then next to flopagan with that sameFlegg side. He wanted the ball in his hands. He tookcontrol as Baz wanted from his halves. He stood up. Yes we didn’t score points but I reckon put that guy withBurton and our starters and he’sgoing to be a great halfback for us. We surely didn’t resign him to play hooker when we just bought Cook and Mahoney. No way a kid of that talent deserves to be third string.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think so? He hasn’t been reported as unfit or injured or covid? Not sure aye.
BBO looked very likely last week. Let’s not forget. Half the time he played was at 6 next to Averillo with a pretty much Flegg side. Then next to flopagan with that sameFlegg side. He wanted the ball in his hands. He tookcontrol as Baz wanted from his halves. He stood up. Yes we didn’t score points but I reckon put that guy withBurton and our starters and he’sgoing to be a great halfback for us. We surely didn’t resign him to play hooker when we just bought Cook and Mahoney. No way a kid of that talent deserves to be third string.
I like the kid maybe he’ll get a chance with some better players around him this week. He also hasn’t played a helluva lot of footy the last 2 years due to COVID so there is nothing wrong with bringing him on slowly. I’m sure he’s in the clubs plans as apparently he was a priority retention when Gus joined the club. I think you’ll find Corey Allan is injured.

Last edited:

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what I would call our grand final trial game.

The club, the team, the fans all need a win to build our CONFIDENCE with what has been achieved in the off-season with new signings but also to rid the feeling of desperation for a win. Anything other than a win.....God help us all.
Didn’t we beat the gummy’s last preseason & looked good in the process?
Following that the season didn’t pan out so great…..
Despite that we will be in for a significant better season than last, but still not finish better than 10-12th in my opinion..

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbor had a shocker but don’t put Declan Casey above him yet. Declan has just as many if not more errors in his game. Made one good hit that game.
He has more shockers than good games. I’d put just about every other winger above him, at the moment he’s a weak link he’s been rushing up and grabbing air since he started nrl. If he can’t stay on his winger or read defence by now, when will he?

He’s slow off the mark, can barely catch the ball etc etc to me he should be a forward where he can just (hopefully) catch a pass and run straight.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reading some post about my boy BBO, and a recent incident in his home town of Innisfail, which is just down the road from Cairns, so I thought I'd share as it is pretty fucked up!!!
Some light has been shed on what happened since, so I will tell the story as it stands now.
Over the past weekend an older man who was suffering sever pain in his foot, and without doubt some serious mental demons, decided he wanted to have his leg amputated below the knee. So he manged to find this desperate farm worker from Vanuatu (more on this after) who must have been working on one of the banana farms, and offered him $5K to chop it off with a circular saw. The guy from Vanuatu agreed, and proceeded to cut his leg off, below the knee, with said circular saw. He clearly didn't think this through, and after the guy from Vanuatu bailed with a fist full of pineapples, ol mate bled out in front of a fish and chip shop, and later died. How fucked up right!!!
I was chatting to a mate last night, and he explained the plight of people from Vanuatu working here in Australia. In a nut shell, its modern day legal slavery. They sign a document stating they will work for a farmer, and agree to having their pay docked in any way decided by their employer. So basically, the farmer can charge him say, $500 per week for driving him to the farm every day, or any other absurd reason they can come up with. So the poor man who has agreed to the terms out of sheer desperation is completely fucked over, and ends up basically working for free.
I dont know the ins and outs of how this scheme works, but its apparently completely legal somehow. My mate learned about it in a bunch of pod casts he listened to.

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not sure if it's been mentioned... Where is Allan is that team list?

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbor had a shocker but don’t put Declan Casey above him yet. Declan has just as many if not more errors in his game. Made one good hit that game.
Yeah after 3 years of Knockonburs tripe. Im happy to give Declan a go. In fact I would happily watch yourself or anyone from the Kennel play Wing for the Dogs over Knockonbur.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didn’t we beat the gummy’s last preseason & looked good in the process?
Following that the season didn’t pan out so great…..
Despite that we will be in for a significant better season than last, but still not finish better than 10-12th in my opinion..
Yep & a "star" was born in Deitz & look where he is now.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reading some post about my boy BBO, and a recent incident in his home town of Innisfail, which is just down the road from Cairns, so I thought I'd share as it is pretty fucked up!!!
Some light has been shed on what happened since, so I will tell the story as it stands now.
Over the past weekend an older man who was suffering sever pain in his foot, and without doubt some serious mental demons, decided he wanted to have his leg amputated below the knee. So he manged to find this desperate farm worker from Vanuatu (more on this after) who must have been working on one of the banana farms, and offered him $5K to chop it off with a circular saw. The guy from Vanuatu agreed, and proceeded to cut his leg off, below the knee, with said circular saw. He clearly didn't think this through, and after the guy from Vanuatu bailed with a fist full of pineapples, ol mate bled out in front of a fish and chip shop, and later died. How fucked up right!!!
I was chatting to a mate last night, and he explained the plight of people from Vanuatu working here in Australia. In a nut shell, its modern day legal slavery. They sign a document stating they will work for a farmer, and agree to having their pay docked in any way decided by their employer. So basically, the farmer can charge him say, $500 per week for driving him to the farm every day, or any other absurd reason they can come up with. So the poor man who has agreed to the terms out of sheer desperation is completely fucked over, and ends up basically working for free.
I dont know the ins and outs of how this scheme works, but its apparently completely legal somehow. My mate learned about it in a bunch of pod casts he listened to.
Leg amputation 'murder': Police say Innisfail man found dead had diabetes and paid $5,000 to accused | Daily Mail Online

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
not if, when. you and i both know thats going to be the case yet again
Okunbor looks addicted to running in and does it mindlessly. Reminds me of Reynolds tripping, or Andrew Hilditch on the hook shot back in the day - couldn't resist a bouncer and was caught at fine leg almost every innings.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah after 3 years of Knockonburs tripe. Im happy to give Declan a go. In fact I would happily watch yourself or anyone from the Kennel play Wing for the Dogs over Knockonbur.
Casey can't play until Rd 11 or if COVID hits because he is outside the top 30.

Reactions: J_B