Sharks under investigation for salary cap breach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
IMO Greenturd is on the take. Fuck him and fuck the Sharks. The only thing Greenturd excels at is fining the Dogs for mediocre bullshit!!!
With Scott Morrisson a Sharks supporter, you can guarantee Greenberg will be wanting to stay aligned with Sharks to try and get more handouts for the game.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well, if they are reportedly 5% or $470k under the cap that means that they had to be further under the cap than that to have signed Aaron Woods from June 30 this year unless we are paying his full wage. Yes, he said he had accepted less to sign with them but it still means they surely had to have been paying something. Smells fishy to me....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hahaha I just read the Sharks are supposed to be operating $500k under the cap this year lol! Just enough to sign Barba

Todd Greenberg
Investigators are studying "tens of thousands" of documents seized by the NRL integrity unit and Greenberg said a "thorough analysis" would determine whether there had been further breaches in 2016 or 2017.

However, he said all 16 NRL clubs were salary cap compliant and revealed the Sharks had spent more than $500,000 below the $9.4 million ceiling for player payments
How can he be 100% CERTAIN that there is nothing wrong? They are still investigating and have much more to go through he cannot say they are 'certainly' compliant because they were not in 2015 and they had already checked the clubs then. THEY did not find the irregularity it was the incoming CEO. Just what do they really look at when they are checking compliance???

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody else think Dugan sounds like a word that could be used for taking a shit? "Fuck I need to go do a Dugan"

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahaha I just read the Sharks are supposed to be operating $500k under the cap this year lol! Just enough to sign Barba

Todd Greenberg
Investigators are studying "tens of thousands" of documents seized by the NRL integrity unit and Greenberg said a "thorough analysis" would determine whether there had been further breaches in 2016 or 2017.

However, he said all 16 NRL clubs were salary cap compliant and revealed the Sharks had spent more than $500,000 below the $9.4 million ceiling for player payments
Of course they did. The fact they have a stacked roster and are always sniffing around for more talent is enough to raise eyebrows. I’ve yet to hear a Brisbane, roosters, sharks etc say we have no more room in our cap for next season lol. They always have ‘room’.

Here’s the cap [this is all the room outside it!!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.