News Sharks appoint John Morris as interim Head Coach.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whats to stop Flanagone sending emails?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Whats to stop Flanagone sending emails?
He can't communicate with the club at all.

If Cronulla got caught again they'd probably face a $1 million fine which would wipe them out, plus removal of Sharks CEO, etc.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think Jimmy enjoys his job description, a couple of hundred grand a year to be an assistant coach and you don't have to deal with the pressures of a head coach, sounds like a smart type of job to me!
True. Nobody calls for the assistant coach to be sacked if the team doesn't perform.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True. Nobody calls for the assistant coach to be sacked if the team doesn't perform.
Exactly, all he needs to do is be punctual and follow what the coach needs from him regarding team drills etc.... what a tough gig :grinning: for the wage of at least $200k.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess one way JD can look at it is that Morris was there for a decent period before him... still a bit spewing though.... it's like he continues to get friend zoned

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim, time to return to the dogs and take one of our minor grades.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Jimmy enjoys his job description, a couple of hundred grand a year to be an assistant coach and you don't have to deal with the pressures of a head coach, sounds like a smart type of job to me!
If that was the case, he wouldn’t have thrown his toys out of the cot, and had a cry, when he didn’t get the FG job at the dogs.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jim, time to return to the dogs and take one of our minor grades.
No way. We dont want him. If he had any pride or even a notion about coaching, he would have walked when he saw the shit Hasler was doing.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that was the case, he wouldn’t have thrown his toys out of the cot, and had a cry, when he didn’t get the FG job at the dogs.
He must be shit at head coach job interviews, because he can't get one, except when his interim..... oh wait, nope he can't even get that. I think he's a smart person, he'll get there when he feels the time is right.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
AND hopefully this time for good...... looking at the bloke what a sour puss he is!!

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-sh...esport_0_flanagan-gone-as-sharks-coach_210119

Shane Flanagan has resigned as coach of the Cronulla Sharks after being banned for a second time by the NRL.

The club and Flanagan confirmed the move in a statement on Monday. Flanagan was deregistered by the NRL in December for breaching the terms of his 2014 supplements scandal ban; he was not meant to have contact with the club during that year, but was proven to have repeatedly done so.

"This was obviously one of the toughest decisions of my 36-year rugby league career to resign from the head coaching role at Cronulla," Flanagan said in the statement.

"The last month has taken an enormous mental and emotional toll on my family and myself.

"I intend on responding to the notice issued by the NRL, however I have made this decision in the best interests of the entire club and the players to allow the best possible preparation for the 2019 season without constant speculation and uncertainty as to who their head coach will be."

Shane Flanagan. (AAP)
Flanagan won Cronulla's first premiership in 2016, having taken over as head coach in late 2010. While his time with the Sharks appears over, his intention to challenge the NRL's breach notice suggests he wants to continue working in rugby league.

The Sharks have named John Morris as their caretaker coach, but said in Monday's statement that a further announcement on the head coaching role for this season would be made in coming weeks.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I have made this decision in the best interests of the entire club and the players
BWHAHAHAHAHAHA no Shane ... you made that decision because you don't have an option. The NRL are sick of your cheating and dodgy bullshit and won't register you as a coach again. You're a stain on the game who cheated to get your side a premiership. F OFF ... the game doesn't need you.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
What the fuck would he know about my budgie ?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
This has gotta be up there with the most random comment I've ever seen posted here.
Said I crushed a budgie in an interview, plenty of inaccurate rumors doing the rounds the last couple of years

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
AND hopefully this time for good...... looking at the bloke what a sour puss he is!!

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-sh...esport_0_flanagan-gone-as-sharks-coach_210119

Shane Flanagan has resigned as coach of the Cronulla Sharks after being banned for a second time by the NRL.

The club and Flanagan confirmed the move in a statement on Monday. Flanagan was deregistered by the NRL in December for breaching the terms of his 2014 supplements scandal ban; he was not meant to have contact with the club during that year, but was proven to have repeatedly done so.

"This was obviously one of the toughest decisions of my 36-year rugby league career to resign from the head coaching role at Cronulla," Flanagan said in the statement.

"The last month has taken an enormous mental and emotional toll on my family and myself.

"I intend on responding to the notice issued by the NRL, however I have made this decision in the best interests of the entire club and the players to allow the best possible preparation for the 2019 season without constant speculation and uncertainty as to who their head coach will be."

Shane Flanagan. (AAP)
Flanagan won Cronulla's first premiership in 2016, having taken over as head coach in late 2010. While his time with the Sharks appears over, his intention to challenge the NRL's breach notice suggests he wants to continue working in rugby league.

The Sharks have named John Morris as their caretaker coach, but said in Monday's statement that a further announcement on the head coaching role for this season would be made in coming weeks.
No option for him he cheated and so did the sharks. If he is an illegal coach now then he was when they won the premiership. If it was a dogs coach and we won the premiership we all know what the nrl would off done.