News Sharks appoint John Morris as interim Head Coach.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.sharks.com.au/news/2019/01/03/morris-named-interim-head-coach/

The Sharks can today announce that John Morris has been appointed as Interim Head Coach, effective immediately, with Jim Dymock to remain assistant coach.

Morris completed his Masters of Coaching in 2014, before becoming the Elite Development Coach of the Sharks Academy in 2015 and taking over as Cronulla's Holden Cup Coach in 2016.

Morris guided the Sharks NYC team to the minor premiership in 2017 in just his second season of full-time coaching. He was named the 2017 NYC Coach of the Year.

Notching up 300-games in his NRL career, with five seasons and 105 games for the Sharks, Morris will now step into the role of Interim Head Coach for the Sharks.

Cronulla Sharks CEO Barry Russell welcomed John's appointment, stating that "the Club is delighted to be able to give John the opportunity to step up into the Interim Head Coach role and has full confidence in his ability to lead our Football program into the 2019 season."

BEFORE ANNOUNCEMENT

upload_2019-1-3_15-29-41.png

AFTER ANNOUNCEMENT

upload_2019-1-3_15-30-8.png

Poor Jimmy..... always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Poor Jimmy..... always the bridesmaid, never the bride.
That was going to be my line.

Maybe Jimmy should have kept his mouth shut & not ripped into the Bulldogs.

He leaves one club because he was overlooked for head coach & joins another club & still has the same job.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Beggars can't be choosers

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol. Poor jimmy.
Wonder if he’s going to spit the dummy and leave again ?

3rdManIn

Waterboy
Reaction score
sorry i must have missed it but what did jimmy say about the dogs?

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So does that mean the sharks are going to re-appoint Flanagan as head coach in 2020?
I thought the NRL have banned him indefinitely...
Flanagan shouldn't be allowed to coach for a while. He blatantly contacted sharks officials, player managers etc while he was ordered not to..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So does that mean the sharks are going to re-appoint Flanagan as head coach in 2020?
I thought the NRL have banned him indefinitely...
Flanagan shouldn't be allowed to coach for a while. He blatantly contacted sharks officials, player managers etc while he was ordered not to..
We're talking about the NRL here. He'll probably be forced to sit out the next month and be rushed back to the helm prior to kickoff.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nrl on Shane Flanagan : “ Shane has broken the rules regarding the asada investigation he has served his ban of 1 year and will return to coach in 2020”

Nrl on dean pay : Dean Pay sneezed and is banned for also breathing for 10 years

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jim’s lack of polish and presentability works against him when it comes to these appointments. I would welcome Jim back into the club, back where he belongs.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ironic that Morris was involved in the doping scandal .....

Anyone seen the NRL meme containing a picture of Shane Flanagan and a tour bus with the glorious comment of "One of these two is still a coach."
Don't have Facebook so can't post it.....

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Jimmy enjoys his job description, a couple of hundred grand a year to be an assistant coach and you don't have to deal with the pressures of a head coach, sounds like a smart type of job to me!

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Wonder what the odds are for Cronulla missing the top 8.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
At first I thought the headline was Josh Morris and I was like... WTF???

Wahesh

Reaction score
Also this is a lesson for Jim Dymock... never bite the hand that feeds you!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Also this is a lesson for Jim Dymock... never bite the hand that feeds you!
you can sometimes bite the hand that feeds you, especially if you are offended by the gesture because you can get your own food

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nrl on Shane Flanagan : “ Shane has broken the rules regarding the asada investigation he has served his ban of 1 year and will return to coach in 2020”

Nrl on dean pay : Dean Pay sneezed and is banned for also breathing for 10 years

..what?

Wahesh

Reaction score
you can sometimes bite the hand that feeds you, especially if you are offended by the gesture because you can get your own food
*Questionable Emoji*

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That was going to be my line.

Maybe Jimmy should have kept his mouth shut & not ripped into the Bulldogs.

He leaves one club because he was overlooked for head coach & joins another club & still has the same job.
Just goes to show he doesn’t have the creds for the top job, despite his ambitions.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was drunk I was trying to be funny
Don't worry, I laughed. Well, not laughed as in "ha ha". I chuckled. You know that chuckle where you blow air out of your nose and you bob your head a little bit? I did that.

Not an Indian head bob, though. I didn't see any bobs.