Shane Flanagan set to get the sack - SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
The hunt for*Shane Flanagan's*head has intensified in the past 10 days as attempts have been made to liken his role to that of*James Hird*at Essendon.

The rumours are so intense this column has been told - as fact - that Flanagan has been informed he will be banned for a year for his role in the supplements scandal.

It came after rumours he had been into the NRL and told he was being sidelined because he did not fulfil his ''duty of care'' as head coach. The truth is that Flanagan did the opposite. ''As soon as I was made aware there were concerns around the*Stephen Dank*involvement, I ordered that things stopped there and then,'' he said. ''I don't see how I didn't do my duty. And I have not been through another round of anything, nor have the staff.''

Flanagan does not seem concerned by the rumours . He is upbeat and looking forward to next season and is optimistic it cannot be anywhere near as difficult as the one just passed.

As for likening his situation to Hird and the suggestion he should be hit with the same 12 months stick as the Essendon coach, that is almost laughable.

For a start, even if Flanagan was fudging, there is the fact that the Dank era lasted 11 weeks. At Essendon it was 12 months.

Read more:*http://www.smh.com.au/sport/shane-f...nts-rumours-20131207-2yxzl.html#ixzz2mxJpNA8Y

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim sheens for sharkies coach. G and w are gone I reckon... Hopefully our boys kept clean.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Rothfield must be shitting himself over this.... his beloved Sharkies .. starting to fall apart..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Guess this go's in line with RLW Mole's comments that a coach and many players will be stood down on Wednesday... not that I'm calling the Mole right.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So been told P of the S will be charged and face a 2 year ban. Already looking at other options outside of the game apparently. About 9 or so players from the S also facing simmilar bans. A couple from M as well with, and some other players scattered around other clubs and grades.

Did i post this right? If not just delete not bothered with another letter in the mail aha. Be interesting to see how many of the names on my list match up with who actually gets charged.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
So been told P of the S will be charged and face a 2 year ban. Already looking at other options outside of the game apparently. About 9 or so players from the S also facing simmilar bans. A couple from M as well with, and some other players scattered around other clubs and grades.

Did i post this right? If not just delete not bothered with another letter in the mail aha. Be interesting to see how many of the names on my list match up with who actually gets charged.
Any chance you can pm me the list you got? Would be interested to see whats true. If S lose G it will end them I reckon.

In which we should correct our last mistake and offer C the world.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any chance you can pm me the list you got? Would be interested to see whats true. If S lose G it will end them I reckon.

In which we should correct our last mistake and offer C the world
I think you're referring to P

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
In a perfect world...the Roosters would be in as much trouble if not a possible premiership stripping with what they got up to as well.

Heard last week that one of their doctors left as well.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a perfect world...the Roosters would be in as much trouble if not a possible premiership stripping with what they got up to as well.

Heard last week that one of their doctors left as well.
That because the allowed third party to administer supplements why he was on holiday. Rooster are crazy the guy that was supplying the club is a director of a company called peptide solutions.

Remember this happened in March April this year.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Flanagan should survive, it looks like drama recycling, he has already been punnished once and the players stood behind him, they went close in the semi's, this year clean what more do they want?
Sick of ASADA's head hunting yet?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Letters, not names people.

Remember we have media and news outlets scouring the website :grinning:

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been saying it for a year... Everybody know who they are and unless the big profile player at the "S" falls. Nobody will be touched...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think it depends if ASADA can push a single big name to crack under pressure in exchange for a plea deal.

If ASADA can put the heat on one of these big names to the point they are certain they'll go for a few years / end their career if caught, they might plea deal for a years ban in exchange for bringing everyone else down.

Both names I've heard are closing on the end of their careers, but won't be able to ride this one out until they retire.

Does anyone else think perhaps Sandor Earl is speaking more with ASADA after his ban?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it depends if ASADA can push a single big name to crack under pressure in exchange for a plea deal.

If ASADA can put the heat on one of these big names to the point they are certain they'll go for a few years / end their career if caught, they might plea deal for a years ban in exchange for bringing everyone else down.

Both names I've heard are closing on the end of their careers, but won't be able to ride this one out until they retire.

Does anyone else think perhaps Sandor Earl is speaking more with ASADA after his ban?
Yes for sure he would be ,they are also trying to scare people saying they are talking to "the gazelle" but he wont spill the beans

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
What happend to forgivness? This has gone on forever, I don't really care what happend in 2011, the horse has bolted and they never really achieved anything anyway.
If the ASADA hate the Sharks so much kick them outta the comp and be done with it, these Commies are clearly showing off and trying to justify their existance.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What happend to forgivness? This has gone on forever, I don't really care what happend in 2011, the horse has bolted and they never really achieved anything anyway.
If the ASADA hate the Sharks so much kick them outta the comp and be done with it, these Commies are clearly showing off and trying to justify their existance.
I don't think anyone should be forgetting anything. Some of these players may have health problems now and down the track from this "supplement" regimen.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
sounds like this was a big load of nothing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.