News Settled” Dylan Napa ready to push Bulldogs to next step

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
he would have put a shot on.. sometimes that's all that is required to send a message... you can't just have one player bullying your entire pack.. it's only downhill from there
Na not really.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He would've shot out of the line heavily fatigued and missed the tackle, done so many times for us.

Certainly was fatigued but at least we know he was putting in... I can personally live with that knowing he was coming off a big season, and playing his first year of long minutes, so long as he improves in that area in the coming seasons... we will never know what would have happened re that gf.. but either way, he is a player that opposition look out for, and I love that... no pack ever won shite being passive

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Funnily enough on paper his stats are better with us than the roosters,i think when our young players improve he will stand out more

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Certainly was fatigued but at least we know he was putting in... I can personally live with that knowing he was coming off a big season, and playing his first year of long minutes, so long as he improves in that area in the coming seasons... we will never know what would have happened re that gf.. but either way, he is a player that opposition look out for, and I love that... no pack ever won shite being passive
How's shooting out of the line putting in? Putting in is taking the smart play and not just looking like you're trying hard. People on here get way too excited over simple shit, shit like Lewis making a tackle or DWZ running hard. This isn't the 80s.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How's shooting out of the line putting in? Putting in is taking the smart play and not just looking like you're trying hard. People on here get way too excited over simple shit, shit like Lewis making a tackle or DWZ running hard. This isn't the 80s.

What, you think I meant he was gassed from shooting out of the line? I'm talking about his involvement and minutes played this year... yeah sure he struggled... but it wasn't by lack of effort, and I can recall many occasions in which opposition made a break, and quite often Dylan was in the frame... I think he will do much better this year... there is nothing wrong with appreciating elements of individuals' games.. not everybody here focuses solely on the negatives.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@Sancho2020 you dont think towards the end of last season that he started putting the type of performances we need? Ie he changed his game up to suit or team?

We saw a lot less shooting out of the line and more of a consistent leader of our pack?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@Sancho2020 you dont think towards the end of last season that he started putting the type of performances we need? Ie he changed his game up to suit or team?

We saw a lot less shooting out of the line and more of a consistent leader of our pack?
He was fitter towards the backend of the season just like the rest of the team, less fatigue = better decision making. CHN was another that stopped shooting out as much so maybe it was something they also worked on. He isn't much more than an above average prop, not all that interested in him and never was

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont think Napa is that bad. He needs other good props around him. In that Roosters pack he went good. Maybe not his last year but the years before that he went good.

I think if we are going to start him and we sign Like Thompson and move Jacko to the 13 then that's starting set of middle forwards that he can do well with. At the moment he starts with Tolman and Elliot in the middle LOL.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He was fitter towards the backend of the season just like the rest of the team, less fatigue = better decision making. CHN was another that stopped shooting out as much so maybe it was something they also worked on. He isn't much more than an above average prop, not all that interested in him and never was
I'd think he's just one step below the top props in the game. Wouldn't necessarily rate him as just above average .

Think he's being asked to play a different role for us and without roosters superstars around him think he's going to work more

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'd think he's just one step below the top props in the game. Wouldn't necessarily rate him as just above average .

Think he's being asked to play a different role for us and without roosters superstars around him think he's going to work more
Obviously he has a different role with us, he was basically their 4th string prop by the time he left and was playing shorter stints. They had other players that could do a better job and cheaper players that could do a similar job.

I'm just not interested in his so called big hits or what not, it just isn't relevant these days. All I want is for our props to control momentum on and off the ball and that's really all I want to see from him.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Obviously he has a different role with us, he was basically their 4th string prop by the time he left and was playing shorter stints. They had other players that could do a better job and cheaper players that could do a similar job.

I'm just not interested in his so called big hits or what not, it just isn't relevant these days. All I want is for our props to control momentum on and off the ball and that's really all I want to see from him.
Stop gap decision to take him off the Rorters for silly money when we didn't have a top class spine or backline.

He hasn't justified the contract and doesn't appear to have the aerobic capacity to start or the necessary agility of the other leading frontrowers.

Maybe he will have a good 2020 but it's going to mean he'll have to play out of his skin every game to get his SOO spot back.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Action speaks louder than words.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
he would have put a shot on.. sometimes that's all that is required to send a message... you can't just have one player bullying your entire pack.. it's only downhill from there
I remember when Napa put that hit on Graham, it was a cruncher! If we have that Napa day in day out, he would definitely lead by example for the others.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember when Napa put that hit on Graham, it was a cruncher! If we have that Napa day in day out, he would definitely lead by example for the others.
I think we will see the full package (pun not intended) over the next few seasons as the team improves... I know Sancho thinks big hits are irrelevant these days but that's a load of crap.. of course they are relevant.. you make one statement and it can put a player or players in two minds about how they attack you not only for the rest of the game, but for future meets as well... and it lifts the team, especially when you're on the back foot