News Settled” Dylan Napa ready to push Bulldogs to next step

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having endured a challenging start to life at Belmore, Dylan Napa is ready to put his experience to use and start 2020 with genuine optimism for the Bulldog’s chances.

DYLAN Napa was a world away when the Roosters were defending their premiership title.

Twelve months earlier he had helped lead the Roosters to a premiership win against Melbourne.

He had no idea it would be his final game for the Tricolours.

With his new club Canterbury not making the finals, Napa was deep into his time off — holidaying in the US — when the Roosters took to the field against Canberra in the premiership decider at ANZ Stadium.
Napa was with friends crammed around a screen watching the match.
“It was just like watching a few of my mates play a footy game. I was happy for the Roosters guys to win it as I have a lot of friends in that team.”

Napa was Canterbury’s major recruit in the 2018 off-season. He arrived as a direct replacement for Newcastle-bound David Klemmer, but the transition was far from smooth given Canterbury’s poor start to the year.

He won just two of his opening 10 games as a Bulldog.

After the first month of football, the games we were losing we weren’t losing by much,” said Napa, 27. “We knew we were there and we just had to win those games late. That’s what we ended up doing. As a group we started playing our best towards the end of the year.

“This pre-season we know what we’re capable of doing
Napa said he was “far more settled” as a Bulldog this time around. The last off-season was a blur for the Queensland prop who had to deal with a high-profile club switch and also unwanted media attention.

Napa knows he is a leader among a developing Bulldogs roster.

“I play in the front-row, I usually have to do some sort of leadership in the game,” he said.

He said that having been around the club for a year and “being familiar with the faces, just being a bit tighter with the group” had greatly helped. “Hopefully I can have a more consistent year as a player and us as a team.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice article. Hopefully he goes the next step further and leads the pack around the park.
Having endured a challenging start to life at Belmore, Dylan Napa is ready to put his experience to use and start 2020 with genuine optimism for the Bulldog’s chances.

DYLAN Napa was a world away when the Roosters were defending their premiership title.

Twelve months earlier he had helped lead the Roosters to a premiership win against Melbourne.

He had no idea it would be his final game for the Tricolours.

With his new club Canterbury not making the finals, Napa was deep into his time off — holidaying in the US — when the Roosters took to the field against Canberra in the premiership decider at ANZ Stadium.
Napa was with friends crammed around a screen watching the match.
“It was just like watching a few of my mates play a footy game. I was happy for the Roosters guys to win it as I have a lot of friends in that team.”

Napa was Canterbury’s major recruit in the 2018 off-season. He arrived as a direct replacement for Newcastle-bound David Klemmer, but the transition was far from smooth given Canterbury’s poor start to the year.

He won just two of his opening 10 games as a Bulldog.

After the first month of football, the games we were losing we weren’t losing by much,” said Napa, 27. “We knew we were there and we just had to win those games late. That’s what we ended up doing. As a group we started playing our best towards the end of the year.

“This pre-season we know what we’re capable of doing
Napa said he was “far more settled” as a Bulldog this time around. The last off-season was a blur for the Queensland prop who had to deal with a high-profile club switch and also unwanted media attention.

Napa knows he is a leader among a developing Bulldogs roster.

“I play in the front-row, I usually have to do some sort of leadership in the game,” he said.

He said that having been around the club for a year and “being familiar with the faces, just being a bit tighter with the group” had greatly helped. “Hopefully I can have a more consistent year as a player and us as a team.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
the guy chews up a lot of cap cash and isn't even our best forward, a panic buy we are stuck with

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I hope he goes well for all the reasons listed above compared to 12 months ago. A little bit alarmed with the whole ‘pre-season has proved we know what we’re capable of’ talk. We’ve heard that before. Do your talking on the field come March fellas - that’s what we really want.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Big Papi has proven he can push and punch holes into the fairer sex....tongue in cheek, Can't wait to see him push and punch holes into the opposition this season.

GO PAPI :grinning:

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would love that he has such a big year that he makes the Qld side again. Hes capable and if he works hard on his fitness playing rep footy should be his goal seriously. the dogs will benefit as a result.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Will he be doing the pushing from the front or back..

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The roosters made him look good.

Waste of money and can't wait till he is out of our colours.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

I wouldn't go that far. Napa's on more than what he's worth but there's no reason why we shouldn't re-sign him on a reduced deal. If he was on 3/4 of his current contract I wouldn't have a problem with him. He'd have to drop off a bit more for me to change my opinion on that.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I wouldn't go that far. Napa's on more than what he's worth but there's no reason why we shouldn't re-sign him on a reduced deal. If Napa was on 3/4 of his current contract I wouldn't have a problem with him.
Didn't want him front the start, still don't want him now. Over-rated, over-paid bean bag.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Didn't want him front the start, still don't want him now. Over-rated, over-paid bean bag.
A panic buy due to "needing to replace Klemmer". At the time I heard AFB's (Fonua-Blake) and Tom Burgess' name thrown around. From what I saw of AFB in 2018 he was my favourite. Look at the year he just had too.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Assassin who would you prefer Big Papi, a soft cock T.rex or a empty ball sack, no nuts purse carrying whinging Klemmer??? Big Papi's first season in our colours was derailed x rated style last season before it even began, thanks in part to uncle Nick and his cronies, fucking tabloids!!! I think we should give our big ranga the benefit of the doubt and see how this season pans out before we start calling for the lynch mob.

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I wouldn't go that far. Napa's on more than what he's worth but there's no reason why we shouldn't re-sign him on a reduced deal. If he was on 3/4 of his current contract I wouldn't have a problem with him. He'd have to drop off a bit more for me to change my opinion on that.
No your saying Lynne bought someone average for overs? Great what’s gonna come when she realises she’s missed all of the truly elite talent over the past 4 months for the future.

We better hope we land addo carr seriously.

Latrell story’s been done to death, though still shits me about guys like Curtis Scott who ends up at the other grand final qualifier.

Arrow and latrell and Souths.

The big kiwi kid from storm to titans who looks a gun.

The eels next big thing to tigers.

Sharks adding Raimen.

Knights adding brailey.

Cowboys add Holmes; marsters, Robson,

Eels get matterson, rcg

Panthers korisau, tetevano

Meanwhile...

Last edited:

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope he goes well for all the reasons listed above compared to 12 months ago. A little bit alarmed with the whole ‘pre-season has proved we know what we’re capable of’ talk. We’ve heard that before. Do your talking on the field come March fellas - that’s what we really want.
talk is cheap

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess you could say he’s bringing back the madness .. #madness24-7 #pay24-7 #tolmanhalfback