Second Test Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

.PARANoIR.

I stole this off Charisma
Reaction score
I'm not saying Hayden should stay either, I'm saying that Phil Hughes isn't the answer.

The only person that should be bought in to open instead of Hayden is Phil Jacques when he's fit again.

And yes, Hughes might have beaten Bradman's record, but lets compare the quality that Bradman faced with some of the garbage that Hughes gets to face? Look at the Bulls attack the other night, hopeless. The only decent bowler in there is Hopes and even he's not real flash half the time. Putting a 20 yr old opener in against the second best team in the world would be suicide.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
hussey out, replay should be interesting

he doesnt like the decision

K

KL

they weren't complaining about bad decisions last year in Sydney.

I would hope they don't spit the dummy here

.PARANoIR.

Reaction score
And whats happening now isnt suicide
Clearly it is. I'd like to know how bringing in an untried 20 year old is going to be more beneficial for us though when we've got someone like Phil Jacques who will be avaialble for the SA Tour.

Jacques has to be the next in line if they don't want to take Hayden to South Africa.

If we lose this test, which is now looking more and more likely and they want to take Hughes in to Sydney, then fine. Try it and see what happens but if the selectors have any decentcy, they should say to Hayden, you have two options we're dropping you now or you can announce your retirement and have one last test in Sydney.

B

Ben Godberts

Clearly it is. I'd like to know how bringing in an untried 20 year old is going to be more beneficial for us though when we've got someone like Phil Jacques who will be avaialble for the SA Tour.

Jacques has to be the next in line if they don't want to take Hayden to South Africa.

If we lose this test, which is now looking more and more likely and they want to take Hughes in to Sydney, then fine. Try it and see what happens but if the selectors have any decentcy, they should say to Hayden, you have two options we're dropping you now or you can announce your retirement and have one last test in Sydney.
Jacques is recovering from a brutal back injury, of course i would pick him over Hughes but i know Jacques wont be a 100% till after the ashes

.PARANoIR.

Reaction score
I've read on the internet and heard on radio that Jacques will be available for the South African tour.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
speaking of suicide, south african silly mid off not flinching

thats a real man

chrisz

Waterboy
Reaction score
Goeie Middag Kennelers,
Do you guys think that your Aussie Boys are good enough to win any matches in the return series back in SA IN February?
I am confident that We (South Africa) can win all three.
Ek verstaan nie (I dont understand) why the Media are all over the Aussie Boys, it seems to me that they have it in for Matt Hayden and Ricky Ponting.
I know that the Aussies will never give up, so i think that this test will be a draw.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
symonds duck, things are not lookin good for australia

is lee going to make an emergency appearance?:p

B.A.Baracus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Goeie Middag Kennelers,
Do you guys think that your Aussie Boys are good enough to win any matches in the return series back in SA IN February?
I am confident that We (South Africa) can win all three.
Ek verstaan nie (I dont understand) why the Media are all over the Aussie Boys, it seems to me that they have it in for Matt Hayden and Ricky Ponting.
I know that the Aussies will never give up, so i think that this test will be a draw.
Yay praat kaak.

hth

Voetsek, poes. :p

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And now we wait for the ineviatable result.

Status
Not open for further replies.