Second Test Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the Aus team needs more youngsters and should persist tbh. You saw what Siddle could do if given time, Johnson is finally cemented as a world class bowler imo. Lee needs to be dropped. Haydon needs to be dropped aswell, somebody younger could be in that gaining valueable experience and what not. And that Hauritz selection is so stupid. They should just persist with Kreija, he has more spin and bounce than Hauritz. Poor form by the selecters, they need to be dropped too.
Yeah Lee should go. I reckon Hilfenhaus is cherry ripe for test cricket right now, deserves a shot. If they're so intent on persisting with Symonds then why not try Watson at the top of the order in place of Hayden. He's opened with success in the one day form for Australia. His technique is certainly apt. His 5th bowling option is much needed nonetheless, they must find a place for him for the next test imo.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
aus don't need another allrounder, besides that 50 odd in india watson's done nothing with the bat, should just stick with symonds to be the all-rounder, saying that watson should've come in this test as he's got the knee injury and hardly bowled. the reason they dropped kreijza was because he leeked too many runs, he's conceded over 500 runs so far, in about 5 innings. he'll prob come into the squad for syd, where they usually play 2 spinners.

.PARANoIR.

I stole this off Charisma
Reaction score
Watson should've played this test instead of Hauritz quite frankly. Sure he's done well, but spin isn't the answer on this wicket. I think in Sydney, if Hayden gets dropped, or if Symonds is ruled out with injury, Marcus North or David Hussey should come in. If Hayden gets dropped, Mike Hussey should open with either North or Hussey coming in at 4/5 or if Symonds is out, then either North or Hussey should bat at 6. If one of these two come in, at least we'll have a quality batsman who bowls decent spin and we'll need a second spinner in Sydney because I can't see us going in with two quicks and two spinners. We'll need the three quicks as well.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
hayden out

he should be given another chance in sydney though

B

Ben Godberts

When your at least 1 - 0 down possibly 2 - 0 i would be changing as many people as possible.

My Syd Test Team

1. Hughes
2. Katich
3. Ponting
4. Hussey
5. Clarke
6. Watson
7. Haddin
8. Hauritz
9. Johnson
10. Siddle
11. Hilfenhaus

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
katich gone too

bad shot:(, south africa can win it

.PARANoIR.

Reaction score
They won't bring Phil Hughes in. I watched the kid live the other day and he's not ready. Simple as that.

Hayden will get given another go. The only chance Hughes has is if we lose this one. If we win or draw, then Hayden will contiue.

What Michael Slater just said is right, the lack of support for one of our greatest ever openers is bull****.

Katich out.

B

Ben Godberts

They won't bring Phil Hughes in. I watched the kid live the other day and he's not ready. Simple as that.

Hayden will get given another go. The only chance Hughes has is if we lose this one. If we win or draw, then Hayden will contiue.

What Michael Slater just said is right, the lack of support for one of our greatest ever openers is bull****.

Katich out.
I watched Phil Hughes plunder 80 off 50 balls without playing a typical 20 20 shot

Pretty good player. Dropping Hayden for Chris rogers just continues the mess selectors ahve put us over the past 2 years

.PARANoIR.

Reaction score
Without playing a typical 2020 shot? Were we watching the same game?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
facing ntini and steyn is a little harder than facing state cricketers

Status
Not open for further replies.