Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
approaching the world record 9th wicket partnership

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
First it was chasing down our 430 in that ODI.
Then it was chasing down the 414 in Perth.
Now this 9th wicket record.

Was is it with SAF's busting records at our expense lately ???

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
well done steyn and jean-paul :D heals must be spewin
Good point, I hate Healy's commentating. Way too biased, he's meant to provide neutral views like everyone else in the box.

woot woot i love watching australia frustrated

payback for all the times i bet value against them and had to suffer

a cynical person will think they are throwing the game, the odds would have been sexy last night:p
Bro there were offers of up to $20 on rsa on betfair overnight. Over priced for a test match win.

First it was chasing down our 430 in that ODI.
Then it was chasing down the 414 in Perth.
Now this 9th wicket record.

Was is it with SAF's busting records at our expense lately ???
Tbh Aus has been on the receiving end of alot of record chases in tests and odi's of late. I put it down to Ponting's lack of attacking prowess as a captain. Even early in the day they were giving away singles to Harris and Steyn.

Steyn just out, Siddle been toiling hard.

Tbh the saffas have been taking too long since tea, really have been bogged down almost trying to bat time. Ntini should just fkn go for it. Get an extra 30 lead and go hard @ Australia.

Siddle's done quite well.

chrisz

Waterboy
Reaction score
Goeie naand Kennelers,
It is now 4.25pm aest, We (South Africa) are in front by thirty odd runs,Who do you think will take this test match now?.
I still think it will be a draw.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Goeie naand Kennelers,
It is now 4.25pm aest, We (South Africa) are in front by thirty odd runs,Who do you think will take this test match now?.
I still think it will be a draw.
yeah it must be a draw, no chance australia can get into a declarable position before the end of day 4

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
saffas would bank on chasing about 280 in 70-80 overs on the 5th day.

if Aust go into bat with a deficit of say 60, the proteas would need to roll Aust for under 350 in about 100-110 overs...can be done imo

An aussie win is almost becoming non-existent now. Draw or proteas victory if this last wicket stand eeks out another 30

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
lol what about the comparisons to a young Brian Lara

Turn it up!

This guy is Shiv Chanderpaul @ best with a David Gower/Allan Border type temperament.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score

Turn it up!

This guy is Shiv Chanderpaul @ best with a David Gower/Allan Border type temperament.
well he has an average of around 110 and he has only played australia:o

K

KL

Turn it up!

yeah a bit early for that, but it looks like he does have some talent.

.PARANoIR.

I stole this off Charisma
Reaction score
Duminy could have a big, big future in front of him.

Pretty ordinary day of test cricket. Ponting will have plenty of questions to answer in my opinion.

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
and so will the selectors, for choosing symonds ahead of watson.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
watson was probably laughing his ass off out there today

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
watson for symonds and hilfenhaus(sorry for spelling) for lee, in syd. lee won't bowl 2nd innings, doubt he'll bat and will miss syd or maybe kreijza for 2nd spin option

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely Watto must come into calculations for the 3rd test. We dearly need a 5th bowler, not to mention he was our best quick in India.

Last edited by a moderator:

Malla

Reaction score
Surely Watto must come into calculations for the 3rd test. We dearly need a 5th bowler, not to mention he was our best quick in India.
Dude dropping Watson was beyond me. Massive mistake which was compounded by Lee's injury and the fact no top order batsmen are in form really. Ponting/Selectors are paying the price for playing favourites with selections.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Dude dropping Watson was beyond me. Massive mistake which was compounded by Lee's injury and the fact no top order batsmen are in form really. Ponting/Selectors are paying the price for playing favourites with selections.
Ponting, the coach, and the selection panel are all spastics. Playing favourites - you hit the nail on the head there mate. Symonds for instance, makes absolutely no runs at state level, gets called into the national team, makes no runs against NZ, coach states ''Symonds place in the team is cemented''. Doesn't get any more ridiculas than that. The brains trust of this team at the moment are a pack of buffoons imo.

Hauritz's selection was another mind-boggler. Came out and stated during the week that they wanted more attacking bowlers to create more wickets. So what do they do? Drop Krejza who is as attacking as any off-spinner going around and replace him with Hauritz who's taken 14 wickets in the past 3 years of shield cricket...

Malla

Reaction score
Ponting, the coach, and the selection panel are all spastics. Playing favourites - you hit the nail on the head there mate. Symonds for instance, makes absolutely no runs at state level, gets called into the national team, makes no runs against NZ, coach states ''Symonds place in the team is cemented''. Doesn't get any more ridiculas than that. The brains trust of this team at the moment are a pack of buffoons imo.

Hauritz's selection was another mind-boggler. Came out and stated during the week that they wanted more attacking bowlers to create more wickets. So what do they do? Drop Krejza who is as attacking as any off-spinner going around and replace him with Hauritz who's taken 14 wickets in the past 3 years of shield cricket...
I think the Aus team needs more youngsters and should persist tbh. You saw what Siddle could do if given time, Johnson is finally cemented as a world class bowler imo. Lee needs to be dropped. Haydon needs to be dropped aswell, somebody younger could be in that gaining valueable experience and what not. And that Hauritz selection is so stupid. They should just persist with Kreija, he has more spin and bounce than Hauritz. Poor form by the selecters, they need to be dropped too.

Status
Not open for further replies.