Second half points

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Interesting fact that in the first 3 rounds this year we have scored 48 points in the second half and only 18 in the first half
So averaging 6 points first half and 16 in the second
I know it's only early days

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Really its about having a fantastic fullback able to take advantage of tiring defence. Its what we all dreamed about.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really its about having a fantastic fullback able to take advantage of tiring defence. Its what we all dreamed about.
They say if you keep dreaming it will come true

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rather than focusing on our points scored, the thing that has caught my attention is the similarity of our defence in the last 20 minutes to 2012. If I remember correctly, during the regular season of 2012 in all but one game we didnt conceed any tries in the last 20 minutes of our games. We did however let one in against Manly though due to a crap attempt at taking the kick off after our try.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
from memory we couldn't score second half points last year - so that makes that stat all the more pleasing :partytime

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In the first half of last year we were the same. Then in the second half we started really well but ended the games quite poorly.

I think the players just love to **** with us and keep the games as close as possible.

Malla

Reaction score
Judging by the way we have scored our points in the second half, we have been taking advantage of tiring teams. Against Penrith, Morris just carved up through the middle. Against Parra, Lafai and Rona kept getting around their left edge.

Manly was a bit of a sh!t fight but we did very well to keep them out. I was a little disappointed with the try right after our try however good to see us hang on and win ugly.

Do we have stats as to how many points we have been holding teams to in the second half??

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do we have stats as to how many points we have been holding teams to in the second half??
Panthers scored 10 against us, Eels scored 8 and Sea Eagles scored 8.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Interesting fact that in the first 3 rounds this year we have scored 48 points in the second half and only 18 in the first half

Where as last year we struggled to score second half points... you've pointed out a good trend, and lets hope that average points in both halves increases..

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last year we only managed to score only 10 points in the second halfs of our last 7 games or whatever it was so this is a good sign.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So the averages still 6 points first half and 17.5 in the second, bucking the 2014 trend
Still early days

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where as last year we struggled to score second half points... you've pointed out a good trend, and lets hope that average points in both halves increases..
e are (thankfully) much fitter this year - fitter than most other teams.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its great to see our guys have got the ticker and mental toughness to come home in the second half, but why can't they do it in the first 40 minutes?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hodko mentioned in his motm interview that DES basically put a rocket up em at half time for getting dominated..
it seems they do their best work under pressure.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hodko mentioned in his motm interview that DES basically put a rocket up em at half time for getting dominated..
it seems they do their best work under pressure.
Must've been some sort of rocket because the Tigers scored 18 unanswered points straight after.

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
Based on how the dogs have played, i strongly feel as though the barrier that remains between us and a premiership is the same barrier that souths had to overcome last year.

That is, the mental aspect. We can see this in two forms.

V penrith and V tigers, both games we came in mentally expecting to win, more so with the tigers. And initially we had no flare in attack, no hunger when running ONTO and with the ball, after falling behind heavily, both games resulted in huge unpredictable comebacks.

Manly was a consistant show, no change in speed the whole 80, parra we dominated start to finish.

The other aspect is the halves. Mbye reynolds and hodko, i personally believe, are all equally as good as each other in their varying qualities. The difference is mentally right now mbye is 100%, hes determined to win a permanent spot and by god he is playing like it.

Josh morris was clearly mentally losing it, having not scored in a year, and as we saw he "got the monkey off his back" and really had one of his best games in a year..

Winning this year is simple now. Hodko and reynolds mentally need to step up, and the team needs to stay hungry for the next few months. If we do, we can most certainly win

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We seem to be improving game by game. The win against the Tigers was especially pleasing because our side was changed around last minute; and we were without our main strike weapon. So far, so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.