Second game at Belmore next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Not sure if its been posted yet on here. I was at the Football Club members forum last night and Raelene Castle mentioned there was potentially a second game to be played on a Monday night at BSG as Fox Sports is aiming to play all Monday night games at local stadiums in order to give locals a chance to make it home and to the game in time (assuming you live in the area of your home ground).
Nothing is set in stone yet, but for Raelene to bring it up I think there may be a good chance that it will happen.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Not sure if its been posted yet on here. I was at the Football Club members forum last night and Raelene Castle mentioned there was potentially a second game to be played on a Monday night at BSG as Fox Sports is aiming to play all Monday night games at local stadiums in order to give locals a chance to make it home and to the game in time (assuming you live in the area of your home ground).
Nothing is set in stone yet, but for Raelene to bring it up I think there may be a good chance that it will happen.
I like the sound of that. Monday night games usually dont attract massive crowds, but attract pretty decent tv viewer numbers.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds awesome. I'd trek to Belmore on a Monday for that.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like the sound of that. Monday night games usually dont attract massive crowds, but attract pretty decent tv viewer numbers.
A Monday night? the stadium will be almost empty and the viewers watching on TV will see that Belmore Sports Ground is just as bad to look at as Brookvale Oval, if? there was to be a second game then I believe it should be Sunday afternoon at 2.30pm KO
Monday night at Belmore Sports Ground does not sound very inviting to me, even less inviting if I had a Spouse and Kids that wanted to go. No Thanks!! somehow I don't think it will happen.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I play comp on Monday night so I'm almost never able to go to Dogs games on that night but if they played at Belmore on a Monday I'd take that week off comp to go and watch a game at Belmore for sure.

I think tonnes would be more likely to watch it at Belmore than Homebush seeing as we haven't had an official NRL game there since 98 maybe? I think it's a great idea.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Sounds like a load of shit. Much more effort for Fox sports to broadcast from BSG than ANZ

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sounds like a load of shit. Much more effort for Fox sports to broadcast from BSG than ANZ
They broadcast NSW cup games, what's so difficult about broadcasting a 1st grade game. It's not like they broadcast in Full HD or Ultra HD.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They broadcast NSW cup games, what's so difficult about broadcasting a 1st grade game. It's not like they broadcast in Full HD or Ultra HD.
NSW cup broadcast quality is rubbish compared to what we get from major stadiums.

Reaction score
NSW cup broadcast quality is rubbish compared to what we get from major stadiums.
who gives a **** about the tv quality if there's a game at belmore. if you're worried about that then you're missing the point

D

DoggyStylz

A Monday night? the stadium will be almost empty and the viewers watching on TV will see that Belmore Sports Ground is just as bad to look at as Brookvale Oval, if? there was to be a second game then I believe it should be Sunday afternoon at 2.30pm KO
Monday night at Belmore Sports Ground does not sound very inviting to me, even less inviting if I had a Spouse and Kids that wanted to go. No Thanks!! somehow I don't think it will happen.
Hmm... MNF @ BSG or homebush?

How can u compare the 2? BSG at max holds 25,000 and homebush holds 80,000. Have you been to a monday game at homebush?. 8-10 thousand ppl is just sad and embarrassing. Those same numbers at BSG at least would better on tv. As for attracting fans ppl who haven't ventured out to a game in decades due logistics would jump at the chance to go. For example my elderly parents would love to go to a game at belmore. I believe if we play at belmore it will be in front of large crowds

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
who gives a **** about the tv quality if there's a game at belmore. if you're worried about that then you're missing the point
1 game at belmore is more than enough, any more than that is just stupid. Whats the point of playing more than 1 nrl game a season at BSG?

D

DoggyStylz

1 game at belmore is more than enough, any more than that is just stupid. Whats the point of playing more than 1 nrl game a season at BSG?
You answered a question with a question.

Your response is redundant

D

DoggyStylz

Actually i made a statement first and then i asked a question.
Your statement does not offer any substance or weight. Just sounds like a backhanded comment for the sake of making a comment

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Your statement does not offer any substance or weight. Just sounds like a backhanded comment for the sake of making a comment
I have already pointed out the many disadvantages of playing out of BSG in another thread. The ground still needs a major upgrade, the club needs to organise everything for game day and they will be lucky to break even after all that work. Broadcasters can't set up the best equipment at BSG to offer home viewers a decent viewing experience, the list goes on. There should only be 1 game at BSG and that should be against the Cowboys or Raiders.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Any game, at any time, at BSG will attract a massive crowd (for belmore), if anything, just from interest alone.

D

DoggyStylz

I have already pointed out the many disadvantages of playing out of BSG in another thread. The ground still needs a major upgrade, the club needs to organise everything for game day and they will be lucky to break even after all that work. Broadcasters can't set up the best equipment at BSG to offer home viewers a decent viewing experience, the list goes on. There should only be 1 game at BSG and that should be against the Cowboys or Raiders.
Has is not occurred to you that the club is listening to their fans and trying to do something for us? As for funding I know the costs involved will be high but you need to start somewhere. Bulldogs are used to the money they have been receiving from ANZ. Now its time for the bulldogs invest in their fans.

Instead of complaining about change we should get behind the and support the club. This I see it as a positive move for the club, fans and the community

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Any game, at any time, at BSG will attract a massive crowd (for belmore), if anything, just from interest alone.
Any game at ANZ will make more money before anyone even buys a ticket than a soldout BSG. Im also pretty sure the last trial game they had there did not attract the same interest as the one before.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Has is not occurred to you that the club is listening to their fans and trying to do something for us? As for funding I know the costs involved will be high but you need to start somewhere. Bulldogs are used to the money they have been receiving from ANZ. Now its time for the bulldogs invest in their fans
Yes and they got us 1 game there and that is more then enough in its current state.

D

DoggyStylz

Any game at ANZ will make more money before anyone even buys a ticket than a soldout BSG. Im also pretty sure the last trial game they had there did not attract the same interest as the one before.
How do you compare a trial game to a proper NRL match. Trial matches are used to test players and plays and half of the 1st grade player are on the bench or not playing. I cant see how this supports your argument

Status
Not open for further replies.