Opinion Season stats so far

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The negativity spun me out. I was filthy that we lost but that was the best we have looked in years. Broncos scramble D was very solid and we just lacked that bit of polish, which should hopefully come soon enough.
Glad I wasn't on here much last night then, if it was like that. It would have been nice to win, but I took a lot of positives from the game. We improved upon the previous week, as I expected due to the much more favorable conditions.

Combinations are still clunky, but that's not surprising with the lack of game experience together. I'm confident they will get there.

Looking at the facts. We had 16 potential points but missed 3 goals. Broncos had 18 pt potential as they only missed one goal. So even not considering opportunities not taken (which there were several) we were almost even if all goals are converted.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were so many good chances we should've scored off. Right now the only change i'd make is Naden to wing for Okunbor. Okunbor has to go and Naden as a good as a runner he is he is just killing JAC. He's a ball hog and if he does decide to pass his timing is all wrong. Naden on the wing probably scores the opportunity Okunbor blows while Burns at left centre probably puts JAC over for a double.
It's so frustrating knowing how much better we would be with JAC, Schoupp, Dufty, Burns and Naden. Fuck that Okunklown off once and for all. Naden makes excellent metres getting out of trouble. JAC, Schoupp and Burns aren't too bad either in that respect. That is the only logical reason to pick Oko, but the fact he's a giant and is made to look silly with kicks like the little dink over his head last night, is embarrassing. If he can't use his height, what's the use?

I can see us scoring millions with that backline. Please for the love of God I hope Baz wakes up to it. All energetic and intense players who actually try hard. Well msybe not so much Dufty, but he has a few other attributes.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What happened on here last night was disgusting imo. I'm always getting smashed for supposedly being negative yet look at all you cats crying on here when there's plenty of positives and improvements on last season. Yes it's disappointing to lose that game but try and look past that, we're a bottom 4 side trying to develop into a top 8 side so i think peoplereally need to use some perspective.

So far this season we're..

THIRD for line breaks.
SIXTH for line break assists.
THIRD for line engaged.
SEVENTH for support runs.
SECOND for decoy runs.
FIRST for run metres.
SIXTH for post contact metres.
SECOND for offloads.
EIGTH for missed tackles.

Did many genuinely think we would be up there after 2 rounds? I didn't. We're creating chances, lots of them but have just failed to ice them. We're moving the ball around more and although we lack polish and variation we at least look to be building combinations. We also physically aren't getting bullied like previous seasons. Maybe with some more time that support runner gets there a fraction quicker to receive the pass, maybe with some more time our players get more belief in their skill, maybe with some more time we build chemistry, etc. I'm no fan of Baz but at least there looks to be something to work off this season.
Super impressive stats thus far, you wont find me complaining thats for sure, have been very proud of them.

B-Town Lad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What happened on here last night was disgusting imo. I'm always getting smashed for supposedly being negative yet look at all you cats crying on here when there's plenty of positives and improvements on last season. Yes it's disappointing to lose that game but try and look past that, we're a bottom 4 side trying to develop into a top 8 side so i think peoplereally need to use some perspective.

THIRD for line breaks.
THIRD for line engaged.
SECOND for decoy runs.
FIRST for run metres.
SECOND for offloads.

Did many genuinely think we would be up there after 2 rounds? I didn't. We're creating chances, lots of them but have just failed to ice them. We're moving the ball around more and although we lack polish and variation we at least look to be building combinations. We also physically aren't getting bullied like previous seasons. Maybe with some more time that support runner gets there a fraction quicker to receive the pass, maybe with some more time our players get more belief in their skill, maybe with some more time we build chemistry, etc. I'm no fan of Baz but at least there looks to be something to work off this season.
Get a grip.

We’ve played the 2 of the worst outfits in the comp. Feed me the stats after a decent sample size of 6-8 games.

We look better because we’ve got far better players. We’re still coached by a dunce who persists with mediocre tactics and team selections.

Don’t let meaningless stats fool you. We’re a bottom 4 team on current form.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Get a grip.

We’ve played the 2 of the worst outfits in the comp. Feed me the stats after a decent sample size of 6-8 games.

We look better because we’ve got far better players. We’re still coached by a dunce who persists with mediocre tactics and team selections.

I literally said we're a bottom 4 side

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were so many good chances we should've scored off. Right now the only change i'd make is Naden to wing for Okunbor. Okunbor has to go and Naden as a good as a runner he is he is just killing JAC. He's a ball hog and if he does decide to pass his timing is all wrong. Naden on the wing probably scores the opportunity Okunbor blows while Burns at left centre probably puts JAC over for a double.
Yes I agree with naden as wing, but put Jake in at left centre with BbO as 7.

Jake won't starve fox of the ball, and BBO would make a better 7. Nadine is made for the wing as he plays like he's wearing blinkers.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Get a grip.

Seriously this is how you think?
Broncos beat the rabbits
And cowboys beat Canberra,
What’s your next reply?
Canberra and south are a bottom team too?

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can’t believe people aren’t happy after yesterday, obviously would’ve loved to get the win but just the fact that we look like an nrl team is a big improvement
I agree with you, I was happier with the effort and was closer to us winning than ever before from the last few years results.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great post Marley. There were plenty of positives yesterday. We created so many chances that we could have easily scored 4 or 5 tries in that first half. Hopefully those are converted soon once they have a few more weeks to work on combinations and timing..

The stats are a limited sample size and against bottom 8 opposition but they back up the eye test. We've been so much better defensively, getting yardage through the middle and quick play the balls. We finally look like a competitive and professional football team. The next few weeks will be a good test to see how competitive we are against top 8 teams.

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agreed regarding your Thread, a great improvement. Changes for next week:
* Okunbor gone, Shoupp back in (with the other 5, we don't actually need Okunbors yardage, Naden, Burns and Shoupp DH runs are enough)
* BBO to come on at the 55 minute mark
* Dufty MUST trail TPJ, Hetherington and King looking for the offload. He could carve up the A defenders in the broken defensive line.
* OR If an offload gets the opposition back peddling it should go early to our outside backs or edge runners, NOT to another forward.
* It was great JMK got a try on the weekend, but man he made a a few poor decisions at dummy half which cost us a try or 2.
* less settlers 20 metres out. Burton should be running it more on the 3rd tackle - he got caught on the 4th a few times and then Avo had to kick....
* If he keeps it up, I would promote King to start. He loves the collision like Ogre, so let him have a rip and then bring Thompson on for him.
Our forward pack is fuckin strong again. Mason would have a hard on at training haha.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Great signs from our team in all honesty.

Also even if we had hopes to make the 8, it won't be done in the first 6 rounds, what we are looking for is to get the right team to take us through the season. Okunbor flat out needs to go but everyone else has been putting in. We are also getting 2 superstars as reinforcements next season in Mahoney and Kikau which is huge.

Remember all it takes is a bit of momentum and for things to start clicking and all of sudden any team can go on a run provided they have the talent in the squad, which we definitely do.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im happy with the results so far but the next 6 games will really tell us were we are at.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The negativity spun me out. I was filthy that we lost but that was the best we have looked in years. Broncos scramble D was very solid and we just lacked that bit of polish, which should hopefully come soon enough.
Thats exactly how i felt too. So many positives from that loss. Not often we can say that. And rhe kennels most maligned players in JMK and Waddell were great.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes we've looked way better than the last couple years however we've only played the Cowboys and Broncos (2 other spoon contenders) ... if we get lapped by 50 against manly this week then the first 2 weeks meant very little.
Broncos are 2 from 2 and look a very capable side imo. They will not be wooden spooners this year, nor spoon contenders.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

THIRD for line breaks.
THIRD for line engaged.
SECOND for decoy runs.
FIRST for run metres.
SECOND for offloads.

Ripper post bro… bravo. There was a lot we saw in the first 2 games that we didn’t see last year.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Hello Moderators, who is monitoring this, it’s farkin obvious that someone has stolen Marley’s log in. Seriously, over 100 words of positivity in one post, that’s impossible, never been seen before in 48 thousand posts, something weird is going on. Either his password has been hacked or maybe he finally got lucky. I’m going to follow his posts for the next few days, if this positive attitude continues then there is definitely some shit happening that has never happened before.

Always a Bulldog

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Get a grip.

Shutup.