Official Sea Eagles sign Corey Waddell

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Such a sensitive soul.
Two paragraphs of utter dribble to open :tearsofjoy:.

Moving on (again):

- Mahoney will be a decent captain when he has better support around him and stops trying to do so much himself, so disagree that’s a fail.

- I agree Burton should not be a game day captain at this stage of his career nor is he a 7 but the reality is your beloved Flanagan flopped under a fourth coach. Maybe under coach 5 (daddy) he’ll be amazing - doubt it. You also tried to blame Barrett for his shortcomings ie: putting him before the media after he was hooked and now you’re trying to blame Ciraldo when it was obvious from early 2021 Kyle isn’t NRL #7 material, simple as that. So Ciraldo tried a few things instead of persisting with Flanagan, so what? When they got Sexton (the closest thing we’ve had to a 7 for some time) he persisted with that lineup except for when Sexton was injured. Simples. Fail? Hardly epic.

- RFM had been around the club for years, club captain was no mistake. If anything RFM seems to have failed the leadership test. So not a fail, other than I wouldn’t have a multi-player captain arrangement - pick one. Mahoney is good, he’s lippy and not afraid to challenge referees like Jacko was.

- Crichton. He’s quality, why wouldn’t you target him? You neither know how much he’s being paid nor that he’s going to play fullback - you’re speculating again. As for forwards (and utilities for that matter) - it was well known when the 17th team was admitted and the cap lifted that most clubs locked up their talent until 2025 so knowing that reality why would you not pursue quality like Crichton anyway? He’s a piece of the puzzle going forward, it’s not dumb at all.

- Taylor I once would’ve agreed but that was 15 years ago and more recently he’s shown maturity and the Bears have made the finals every year he’s coached them and made the NSW Cup GF this year so the results speak for themselves, just as they do our lower grades with two Premierships this year. Puzzle pieces.

Sure, Ciraldo made mistakes in his first year as a rookie head coach - most would. And I bet he’s learnt from them too. Does that make him an ‘epic fail’?? Maybe to righteous overly emotional cat huggers but not to the rest of us. Happy to give him more time.

I see very little of your diatribe above as having substance. And you’re also wrong about my ‘justifications’ and ‘Crichton Defence’. How about just toning down the righteousness for once and accept that other opinions are valid and yours aren’t always right? I appreciate that probably means a reduction in posts but quality over quantity and all that :-).
You ask me to respect other people's opinions....but you literally replied to my post which wasn't even addressed to you by peppering me with insults because you don't agree with my opinion.

You accuse me of being sanctimonious, when I have literally seen you engage in ongoing wars with a number of people who have the audacity to not agree with your opinion on a given matter.

If you're going to try to sink the boot in, take off the clown shoes in favour of some steel caps, compadre.

Where is your proof that Mahoney will be a better leader? You have none. You are solely relying on blind faith and the same tired arguments about him not having enough support around him. Same crap you default to when anyone dares question Ciraldo.

Flanagan was clearly the best option at 7 until Sexton arrived at the club. He is a better organiser than Burton and was more NRL ready than either Oloapu or Rajab, as their brief stints in first grade demonstrated. Ciraldo literally capitulated to media pressure and the armchair opinions of critics such as yourself. Not only did it not work, it set two talented young players back in terms of their development and confidence.

Leadership shouldn't be a "test". A good leader and man manager should be able to step into any system and identify other leaders based solely on their qualities. RFM was a passionate clubman and hard working trainer who recovered from multiple career threatening injuries. Now all of that has flipped completely on its head, and the primary reasons appears to be Cameron Ciraldo.

You wouldn't target Crichton as a priority signing for the same reason you wouldn't start a jigsaw puzzle by trying to place the middle pieces first. Any good rebuild starts with solid foundations and the key to any quality footy team is its forwards and key spine players..... and I'm talking established spine players, not experimental ones who have had limited opportunities playing in a team's spine and have looked poor when those opportunities came their way.

As for Taylor, let's put aside the fact Norths are a Roosters feeder club with better roster depth than most, and the fact that history has proven NSW Cup success is not generally a good indicator of first grade success.... desperate times call for desperate measures. Ok, I'm sold. Let's give him the top job. can't be worse than the bloke we've got.

El-oh-el

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You ask me to respect other people's opinions....but you literally replied to my post which wasn't even addressed to you by peppering me with insults because you don't agree with my opinion.

You accuse me of being sanctimonious, when I have literally seen you engage in ongoing wars with a number of people who have the audacity to not agree with your opinion on a given matter.

If you're going to try to sink the boot in, take off the clown shoes in favour of some steel caps, compadre.

Where is your proof that Mahoney will be a better leader? You have none. You are solely relying on blind faith and the same tired arguments about him not having enough support around him. Same crap you default to when anyone dares question Ciraldo.

Flanagan was clearly the best option at 7 until Sexton arrived at the club. He is a better organiser than Burton and was more NRL ready than either Oloapu or Rajab, as their brief stints in first grade demonstrated. Ciraldo literally capitulated to media pressure and the armchair opinions of critics such as yourself. Not only did it not work, it set two talented young players back in terms of their development and confidence.

Leadership shouldn't be a "test". A good leader and man manager should be able to step into any system and identify other leaders based solely on their qualities. RFM was a passionate clubman and hard working trainer who recovered from multiple career threatening injuries. Now all of that has flipped completely on its head, and the primary reasons appears to be Cameron Ciraldo.

You wouldn't target Crichton as a priority signing for the same reason you wouldn't start a jigsaw puzzle by trying to place the middle pieces first. Any good rebuild starts with solid foundations and the key to any quality footy team is its forwards and key spine players..... and I'm talking established spine players, not experimental ones who have had limited opportunities playing in a team's spine and have looked poor when those opportunities came their way.

As for Taylor, let's put aside the fact Norths are a Roosters feeder club with better roster depth than most, and the fact that history has proven NSW Cup success is not generally a good indicator of first grade success.... desperate times call for desperate measures. Ok, I'm sold. Let's give him the top job. can't be worse than the bloke we've got.

El-oh-el
More dribble - as expected.
Oh he our hero of the downtrodden :tearsofjoy:.

Wrong again re: Mahoney. Saw him plenty of times this year taking referees to task. Think he’ll be a good captain when he’s not trying to do so much himself and my ‘evidence’ as you call it is attending almost every home game this year and watching the rest, NOT the wrong reasons you’ve suggested.

Nope re: Flanagan. Clearly it had been decided he wouldn’t be at the club in 2024 so why not try different things. Yeah, Ciraldo totally capitulated to ‘armchair critics the likes of me’ - did you stop to take a breath to realise how stupid that sounds? Seems not :-).

RFM - leadership is always a ‘test’ - it’s why multiple political leaders as one example have come and gone. They fail. Yet the reason ‘appears’ to be Ciraldo.
So, assumption again. Of course.

So you’re an expert on jigsaws? Great.
I suggest getting some more fresh air…

So by your rationale, ‘roster depth’ is the key to coaching success - if so why did Barrett flop compared to Pay? In theory he had a much stronger roster yet flopped - why? Dud recruits including your beloved Kyle who Robo couldn’t wait to punt. Besides, our assistants have hardly set the world on fire either, why not try another approach with Taylor - who by the way no-one ever suggested making head coach. The comments are getting more and more ridiculous by the post - so your sign off is at least accurate…

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Manly's signings under Siebolt are really weird, smells like priority is to just try and scrap into the 8, not to try and win the comp or build for the future.
Agree. Reeks of Barrett: grab anyone available for a shot at short term success. Hard to see it ending well. Couldn’t happen to a nicer club though :-).

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Wrong again re: Mahoney. Saw him plenty of times this year taking referees to task. Think he’ll be a good captain when he’s not trying to do so much himself and my ‘evidence’ as you call it is attending almost every home game this year and watching the rest, NOT the wrong reasons you’ve suggested.

Nope re: Flanagan. Clearly it had been decided he wouldn’t be at the club in 2024 so why not try different things. Yeah, Ciraldo totally capitulated to ‘armchair critics the likes of me’ - did you stop to take a breath to realise how stupid that sounds? Seems not :-).

RFM - leadership is always a ‘test’ - it’s why multiple political leaders as one example have come and gone. They fail. Yet the reason ‘appears’ to be Ciraldo.

So by your rationale, ‘roster depth’ is the key to coaching success - if so why did Barrett flop compared to Pay? In theory he had a much stronger roster yet flopped - why? Dud recruits including your beloved Kyle who Robo couldn’t wait to punt. Besides, our assistants have hardly set the world on fire either, why not try another approach with Taylor - who by the way no-one ever suggested making head coach. The comments are getting more and more ridiculous by the post - so your sign off is at least accurate…
he has a point dinkum. Your trolling him wasnt necessary. Pull your head in.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Are you typing while jogging at high altitude? Because I don't think enough oxygen is getting to your brain.

1. You wanna lecture me about saying stuff that sounds stupid? You are celebrating the fact a player is "taking referees to task". How many positive outcomes for the team did Reed deliver through his ongoing gabfests with the refs? None, they hammered us all year. Captains aren't there to "take the refs to task". They are there primarily to lead the side, and to have respectful chats with officials which may influence the way they are viewing the game if calls are going against the side or certain things aren't being picked up. Reed is a little hothead (as evidenced by his capitulations against Parra when they successfully got into his mind). He's one of the last people I'd want attempting to calm tempers of his players down or talking to the refs. Although to be fair to him, I don't think even Cam Smith would have much joy talking to the refs and getting them to actually listen if he were playing for the blue and white. What I worry about with Reed is he loses his composure when the other team gets in his head and that's the last thing you want from a captain.

2. Why not try different things? because the other options at the time were too green and inexperienced and giving them so much responsibility at that stage of their careers did them more harm than good, while delivering no discernible benefit to the team. It's really not rocket science. Flano was identified as the best option at the start of the season and nothing had really changed by the time he was dropped. The only thing that had escalated was the mounting media pressure....which was a direct and deliberate attempt to engage the fans who were baying for his blood and drive clicks in the process. So yes, the armchair experts definitely did play a role, indirectly at very least.

3. You are comparing footy to politics now? Your points are just getting sillier. Ciraldo had a full pre-season at the club. he should have had no issue identifying which players possessed leadership qualities and which players would buy into his approach to coaching. To appoint a guy who would end up publicly criticising the methods of the very bloke who appointed him is the most epic own goal imaginable. What you should really be asking is, if RFM's attitude is so bad? Why wasn't it evident to Ciraldo throughout the pre-season? The answer is he didn't identify it because there was nothing wrong with RFM's attitude. the issue rests with Ciraldo's coaching. Players never had an issue with the idea of hard work, they had an issue buying into the increasingly haphazard methodologies of an erratic, panic stricken coach. The team started off with a fair bit of belief, but the minute injuries and other things started going against us, Ciraldo started freaking out and making unnecessary changes which only confused the team. He obviously also started coming down harder on the players and blaming them for things which weren't their fault, having a detrimental impact on team morale. Honestly, the Ciraldo administration has already seen more turnover, chopping and changing than the first (and hopefully last) Trump administration. I guess in this case, Ciraldo gets a pass. He didn't err in seeing leadership qualities in RFM, the club erred in seeing leadership qualities in him.

4. It doesn't take an expert on solving jigsaws to figure out you start with the corner and edge pieces first. In fact, a quick Google search has confirmed what I knew intuitively - it's all there in the "Absolute Beginner's Guide to Completing Jigsaw Puzzles". Here's a useful and informative link, just in case you plan on solving any jigsaw puzzles in the near future. I heard some of the Thomas the Tank Engine ones are quite challenging:

https://www.alljigsawpuzzles.co.uk/...-beginners-guide-to-completing-jigsaw-puzzles

5. I never said roster depth is "the key to coaching success". I indicated it could be a factor. Classic strawman. And wait..... you're saying our assistants haven't been setting the world on fire, but giving the guy in charge of them the benefit of the doubt? Potter seemed to be doing quite well until Ciraldo came along with his undiagnosed ADHD and paper bag to hyperventilate into.

Ok, I think that will suffice. Good luck with that jigsaw puzzle. I hope you have better luck with it than you did with me.

El-oh-el

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I never discouraged him, or anyone else from trolling me. I would question whether trolling one's self is particularly beneficial, though.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What trolling? Can you be specific?
And why is he so sensitive given his own self admitted trolling? Anyway I’ll move on, not worth it.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Are you typing while jogging at high altitude? Because I don't think enough oxygen is getting to your brain.

1. You wanna lecture me about saying stuff that sounds stupid? You are celebrating the fact a player is "taking referees to task". How many positive outcomes for the team did Reed deliver through his ongoing gabfests with the refs? None, they hammered us all year. Captains aren't there to "take the refs to task". They are there primarily to lead the side, and to have respectful chats with officials which may influence the way they are viewing the game if calls are going against the side or certain things aren't being picked up. Reed is a little hothead (as evidenced by his capitulations against Parra when they successfully got into his mind). He's one of the last people I'd want attempting to calm tempers of his players down or talking to the refs. Although to be fair to him, I don't think even Cam Smith would have much joy talking to the refs and getting them to actually listen if he were playing for the blue and white. What I worry about with Reed is he loses his composure when the other team gets in his head and that's the last thing you want from a captain.

2. Why not try different things? because the other options at the time were too green and inexperienced and giving them so much responsibility at that stage of their careers did them more harm than good, while delivering no discernible benefit to the team. It's really not rocket science. Flano was identified as the best option at the start of the season and nothing had really changed by the time he was dropped. The only thing that had escalated was the mounting media pressure....which was a direct and deliberate attempt to engage the fans who were baying for his blood and drive clicks in the process. So yes, the armchair experts definitely did play a role, indirectly at very least.

3. You are comparing footy to politics now? Your points are just getting sillier. Ciraldo had a full pre-season at the club. he should have had no issue identifying which players possessed leadership qualities and which players would buy into his approach to coaching. To appoint a guy who would end up publicly criticising the methods of the very bloke who appointed him is the most epic own goal imaginable. What you should really be asking is, if RFM's attitude is so bad? Why wasn't it evident to Ciraldo throughout the pre-season? The answer is he didn't identify it because there was nothing wrong with RFM's attitude. the issue rests with Ciraldo's coaching. Players never had an issue with the idea of hard work, they had an issue buying into the increasingly haphazard methodologies of an erratic, panic stricken coach. The team started off with a fair bit of belief, but the minute injuries and other things started going against us, Ciraldo started freaking out and making unnecessary changes which only confused the team. He obviously also started coming down harder on the players and blaming them for things which weren't their fault, having a detrimental impact on team morale. Honestly, the Ciraldo administration has already seen more turnover, chopping and changing than the first (and hopefully last) Trump administration. I guess in this case, Ciraldo gets a pass. He didn't err in seeing leadership qualities in RFM, the club erred in seeing leadership qualities in him.

4. It doesn't take an expert on solving jigsaws to figure out you start with the corner and edge pieces first. In fact, a quick Google search has confirmed what I knew intuitively - it's all there in the "Absolute Beginner's Guide to Completing Jigsaw Puzzles". Here's a useful and informative link, just in case you plan on solving any jigsaw puzzles in the near future. I heard some of the Thomas the Tank Engine ones are quite challenging:

https://www.alljigsawpuzzles.co.uk/...-beginners-guide-to-completing-jigsaw-puzzles

5. I never said roster depth is "the key to coaching success". I indicated it could be a factor. Classic strawman. And wait..... you're saying our assistants haven't been setting the world on fire, but giving the guy in charge of them the benefit of the doubt? Potter seemed to be doing quite well until Ciraldo came along with his undiagnosed ADHD and paper bag to hyperventilate into.

Ok, I think that will suffice. Good luck with that jigsaw puzzle. I hope you have better luck with it than you did with me.

El-oh-el
Wow - how’s the RSI?
Should I really bother reading this?
Based on your form I’m thinking no - could well be time I’ll never get back. I said that about the Barbie movie too but it’s now suddenly looking attractive :-).

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
probably an interesting post, hopefully flanagun can one day soon devote more energy into a more productive passion then a league forum

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Wow - how’s the RSI?
Should I really bother reading this?
Based on your form I’m thinking no - could well be time I’ll never get back. I said that about the Barbie movie too but it’s now suddenly looking attractive :-).
Get schooled, go back to RSI....typical Dink modus operandi.

If you're not going to read it, at least check out the helpful and informative link on how to solve jigsaws!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

El-oh-el
OK, couldn’t resist :tearsofjoy:.
So, in a nutshell:

1) In describing Reed you described Ennis who was a very effective captain for us and particularly when we had a red hot forward pack so my point stands.

2) More pumping up Flanno’s tyres. He’s gone, you lost. Move on - and change your @handle too.

3) RFM having a rubbish year is Ciraldo’s fault. Righto. I guess as much love as you have for some you have commensurate hate for Ciraldo. He’s got 4 years left currently, you’re just going to have to learn to cope.

4) Google searches and links on jigsaw puzzles.
The less said the better.

5) Pivoting away from what you originally said by saying something you didn’t originally say. Good one. Potter wasn’t red hot by any stretch - he had a 36% W record, which yes was higher than Barrett but that’s hardly a mountain to climb.

And finally a no-one needs better luck with you - you’ve said nothing remotely convincing. Anyways, feel free to ride your high horse into other threads now :-).

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
logic and common sense went out the window years ago at the bulldogs, another step another part to their super duper master plan on making the dogs great again

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
OK, couldn’t resist :tearsofjoy:.
So, in a nutshell:

1) In describing Reed you described Ennis who was a very effective captain for us and particularly when we had a red hot forward pack so my point stands.

2) More pumping up Flanno’s tyres. He’s gone, you lost. Move on - and change your @handle too.

3) RFM having a rubbish year is Ciraldo’s fault. Righto. I guess as much love as you have for some you have commensurate hate for Ciraldo. He’s got 4 years left currently, you’re just going to have to learn to cope.

4) Google searches and links on jigsaw puzzles.
The less said the better.

5) Pivoting away from what you originally said by saying something you didn’t originally say. Good one. Potter wasn’t red hot by any stretch - he had a 36% W record, which yes was higher than Barrett but that’s hardly a mountain to climb.

And finally a no-one needs better luck with you - you’ve said nothing remotely convincing. Anyways, feel free to ride your high horse into other threads now :-).
1. Ennis and Reed are nothing alike. Ennis was a pest who would get under the skin of others, he didn't let other players get under his skin. He had a few run ins with refs, but they certainly weren't advantageous to us, or something I'd describe as an asset of his captaincy.

2. Not pumping up his tyres. You asked me a question (even if you intended it to be hypothetical), I responded to it.

3. Well, Ciraldo having a rubbish year is every other player's fault apparent;ly...so what's good for the goose.... I don't hate Ciraldo, I just think he is grossly incompetent.

4. You seemed confused as to how to go about completing a jigsaw puzzle. I thought the link might help. There's no need to be rude!

5. I didn't pivot from what i said at all. You inferred meaning in my words that wasn't even implied, let alone openly stated. 36 per cent with that roster is pretty respectable... especially given some of the scheduling we copped at the end of the season. At least the players looked like they wanted to be there.

Nothing remotely convincing to you, but you're a trust the process guy. No footy argument would convince you unless it was rubber stamped by Gus's PR department.

Thanks for reading, though. I'm glad my efforts did not go to waste lol

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Get schooled, go back to RSI....typical Dink modus operandi.

If you're not going to read it, at least check out the helpful and informative link on how to solve jigsaws!
Schooled?
I’ve seen groups of fish with superior schooling.
Onya Flanno :tearsofjoy:.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing remotely convincing to you, but you're a trust the process guy. No footy argument would convince you unless it was rubber stamped by Gus's PR department.
Shows how little you comprehend.
Anyway, moving on. It’s been awesome :-).