Official Sea Eagles sign Corey Waddell

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Defence is based attitude. Clearly we had a bunch of blokes in the team who were not up to standard and not up to training. Leaking points is a given. Clear out the dead wood and then you can focus on the coach if he doesn’t deliver.
A bunch of blokes who were playing with commitment last year didn't show that same commitment this year..... how is the coach not responsible for that?

You guys need to wake up, to be honest. If there is a widespread issue when it comes to players' attitudes, the issue is 100 per cent the coach.

I think the 'it's all the players' excuse is just propaganda, fam. Can you imagine Bellamy letting player attitudes dictate team performance?

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Nope. Would you like me to draw you a picture - would that help? Let me get the crayons :-).
A grown man who owns a set of crayons.... that says it all, really.

Come on, I don't mind you being snarky, but at least garnish your insults with some semblance of a coherent argument. Leaning solely on ad hominem attacks just makes you look like a man who knows he is outwitted... and to be fair, you are!

Hate to break it to you, but the best coaches demand respect and make sure their players approach their jobs with professionalism. If the coach can't commend enough respect to drive those standards, he is a big part of the problem.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Pretty sure Flanagun is a colon polyp?
Nope....the truth about our club is your polyp... and if you keep ignoring it, it might turn into something more dangerous.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A bunch of blokes who were playing with commitment last year didn't show that same commitment this year..... how is the coach not responsible for that?

You guys need to wake up, to be honest. If their is a widespread issue when it comes to players' attitudes, the issue is 100 per cent the coach.

I think the 'it's all the players' excuse is just propaganda, fam. Can you imagine Bellamy letting player attitudes dictate team performance?
I can imagine Bellamy building his squad, culture, setting standards and then ensuring players adhere to them. When you have a winning culture it’s much easier to maintain standards than cleaning out a losing one and starting from scratch.

It’s not an excuse - it’s fact.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Come on, I don't mind you being snarky, but at least garnish your insults with some semblance of a coherent argument. Leaning solely on ad hominem attacks just makes you look like a man who knows he is outwitted... and to be fair, you are!

Hate to break it to you, but the best coaches demand respect and make sure their players approach their jobs with professionalism. If the coach can't commend enough respect to drive those standards, he is a big part of the problem.
When are you changing your name? Your boyfriend isn't at the club anymore.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I can imagine Bellamy building his squad, culture, setting standards and then ensuring players adhere to them. When you have a winning culture it’s much easier to maintain standards than cleaning out a losing one and starting from scratch.

It’s not an excuse - it’s fact.
It's a cop out. Coaches like Bellamy drive standards from day one. He may not walk straight into a joint and lift a struggling club straight to the top four, but you can bet all the players will be putting in under him from day one.

So sick of all the poor Ciro bs. The fact is, if he were a better coach, players would buy into what he's trying to do.

RFM has come back from two career threatening injuries and the Kennel would have us believe he's allergic to hard work. Doesn't make sense, fam.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
An new coach coming to a new club that’s had a lazy losing culture for a long time, can’t just say I don’t want all these players, they’re not up to the winning standards I want to set here ..

Players have contracts, it’s can take time to let those contracts play out .. as those contracts come to an end and the group realise the gravy trains coming to an end, it can get ugly, that’s what we experienced third half of the season when the wheels fell off …

Let’s see how Ciraldo goes as he builds and shapes a winning culture, and builds the team he wants ..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

The use of terms like ad hominem like no-one else understands what that means is so pompous yet not unexpected. Outwitted? I’d have a battle of wits with you any day but it seems unfair to fight the unarmed…

Moving on - you may have noticed how Gould has dissembled Barrett’s flop signings over time - first cheapies like M Dufty, then ones you could cut a year early that don’t hurt too much dollar wise like C Allan, then you get the massive bonus of TPJ pulling a heartilage and walking away and of course the maturation of contracts such as C Waddell and your beloved K Flanagan. Ciraldo clearly wants to build his own squad and that’s what he’s doing piece by piece, as every new coach does. I don’t see what’s so hard to understand about what’s happening and why you’d keep those who’ve largely failed. It seems that because the club haven’t yet revealed who’s going to replace those leaving there’s an assumption that it’s a disastrous strategy but that’s all it is - an assumption.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The use of terms like ad hominem like no-one else understands what that means is so pompous yet not unexpected. Outwitted? I’d have a battle of wits with you any day but it seems unfair to fight the unarmed…

Moving on - you may have noticed how Gould has dissembled Barrett’s flop signings over time - first cheapies like M Dufty, then ones you could cut a year early that don’t hurt too much dollar wise like C Allan, then you get the massive bonus of TPJ pulling a heartilage and walking away and of course the maturation of contracts such as C Waddell and your beloved K Flanagan. Ciraldo clearly wants to build his own squad and that’s what he’s doing piece by piece, as every new coach does. I don’t see what’s so hard to understand about what’s happening and why you’d keep those who’ve largely failed. It seems that because the club haven’t yet revealed who’s going to replace those leaving there’s an assumption that it’s a disastrous strategy but that’s all it is - an assumption.
Why would I use a term if I didn't think you would understand what it means? I used it because it is the most accurate way to describe what you were trying to do - discredit me by belittling me personally without attempting to address the argument. Like I said, if you want to insult me, have at it.

At least you have addressed the argument this time, so kudos for that, I guess. It's kinda the debating equivalent of an ungifted child's dinosaur doodle, but I'm just proud I got something out of you beyond oft regurgitated and unimaginative insults, so I'll stick it on my fridge, regardless.

Yes, Ciraldope is trying to assemble his own squad, but lets look at what he has accomplished so far.

Made Mahoney captain and oversaw him producing the worst season of footy in his professional career to date. Epic fail.

Made Burton captain. Moved him to 7 so he could try a bunch of young blokes who weren't ready at 6 and only succeeded in stunting their development. Epic fail.

Made RFM club captain. RFM went on to allegedly lead a Polynesian player revolt against him. Most epic fail of all.

Made an outside back his key recruitment target upon arrival at the club, despite the fact our pack would get whooped by most Jersey Flegg packs....dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. Went on to pay this player overs to play fullback. Even dumber.

Seems to be attempting to recruit a top 17 of mostly utility players. Bizarre.

Club pushes the narrative that players need to buy into what he is doing, Ciraldope lets two players who clearly did buy into what he was doing walk. One of whom was the only forward who made consistent metres for us this year. Confusing.

Closing in on signing a prop the Warriors won't even entertain the possibility of re-signing if he takes a pay cut. Underwhelming.

Signs Jason Taylor on as assistant..... a coaching authority who demands so much respect he got king hit by one of his own players. WTAF???

So yeah, I'll give him Presto, but apart from that, Ciro hasn't done a lot to fill me with confidence. But I look forward to your justifications as to why these weren't all bad decisions.

And yeah, I already know your Crichton defence..... he's a superstar and consummate professional...will drive standards....yada, yada, yada.

The fact is, he's a centre and when you're building a team from the ground up, you don't start with outside backs ffs. The dude is a walking face palm.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a cop out. Coaches like Bellamy drive standards from day one. He may not walk straight into a joint and lift a struggling club straight to the top four, but you can bet all the players will be putting in under him from day one.

So sick of all the poor Ciro bs. The fact is, if he were a better coach, players would buy into what he's trying to do.

RFM has come back from two career threatening injuries and the Kennel would have us believe he's allergic to hard work. Doesn't make sense, fam.
Once again you are fabricating a narrative to suit your argument

Bellamy joined the storm in 2003 which was also the year slater and smith started their rise. In 2004 Cronk joined and 2005 Inglis joined. They won their next premiership in 2012 (7 years later). A team with 4 players (amongst others) who were generational talent and knew how to win. This combined with the backing of news limited (and 2 sets of books) helped Bellamy assemble a roster and set a winning culture which he has been able to maintain until the present. Once again it’s easier to build with quality and maintain rather than cleaning out and starting again as we have.

I never said poor Ciro. I said clearing out the dead wood comes first. Once he has his systems in place he should be judged. He joined a year early when he didn’t have to. Tough luck that’s his call and he needs to roll his sleeves up.

Your passion for nuffys like Flanagan, Waddell, Elliot and co merely support your trolling ways. Talking these guys up as though they are game breakers and will leave holes in our roster shows you have zero idea. You throw in some footy talk here and there but reality is you just like the smash of the reply butting and comments in reply to the barbs you throw.

As for RFM I couldn’t care less what injuries he came back from. He’s been supported by the club financially and medically. If he doesn’t want to play football then he can go lay bricks and see if that’s easier than being a professional footballer. Any player who can go a full half without a carry has let their actions speak for themselves. No need for the kennel to suggest he’s allergic to hard work. He did it to himself.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s been supported by the club financially and medically.
It is worth keeping in mind that we didn't do that just out of kindness and generosity. We were legally obliged to do it.

Always a Bulldog

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Why would I use a term if I didn't think you would understand what it means? I used it because it is the most accurate way to describe what you were trying to do - discredit me by belittling me personally without attempting to address the argument. Like I said, if you want to insult me, have at it.

At least you have addressed the argument this time, so kudos for that, I guess. It's kinda the debating equivalent of an ungifted child's dinosaur doodle, but I'm just proud I got something out of you beyond oft regurgitated and unimaginative insults, so I'll stick it on my fridge, regardless.

Yes, Ciraldope is trying to assemble his own squad, but lets look at what he has accomplished so far.

Made Mahoney captain and oversaw him producing the worst season of footy in his professional career to date. Epic fail.

Made Burton captain. Moved him to 7 so he could try a bunch of young blokes who weren't ready at 6 and only succeeded in stunting their development. Epic fail.

Made RFM club captain. RFM went on to allegedly lead a Polynesian player revolt against him. Most epic fail of all.

Made an outside back his key recruitment target upon arrival at the club, despite the fact our pack would get whooped by most Jersey Flegg packs....dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. Went on to pay this player overs to play fullback. Even dumber.

Seems to be attempting to recruit a top 17 of mostly utility players. Bizarre.

Club pushes the narrative that players need to buy into what he is doing, Ciraldope lets two players who clearly did buy into what he was doing walk. One of whom was the only forward who made consistent metres for us this year. Confusing.

Closing in on signing a prop the Warriors won't even entertain the possibility of re-signing if he takes a pay cut. Underwhelming.

Signs Jason Taylor on as assistant..... a coaching authority who demands so much respect he got king hit by one of his own players. WTAF???

So yeah, I'll give him Presto, but apart from that, Ciro hasn't done a lot to fill me with confidence. But I look forward to your justifications as to why these weren't all bad decisions.

And yeah, I already know your Crichton defence..... he's a superstar and consummate professional...will drive standards....yada, yada, yada.

The fact is, he's a centre and when you're building a team from the ground up, you don't start with outside backs ffs. The dude is a walking face palm.
Such a sensitive soul.
Two paragraphs of utter dribble to open :tearsofjoy:.

Moving on (again):

- Mahoney will be a decent captain when he has better support around him and stops trying to do so much himself, so disagree that’s a fail.

- I agree Burton should not be a game day captain at this stage of his career nor is he a 7 but the reality is your beloved Flanagan flopped under a fourth coach. Maybe under coach 5 (daddy) he’ll be amazing - doubt it. You also tried to blame Barrett for his shortcomings ie: putting him before the media after he was hooked and now you’re trying to blame Ciraldo when it was obvious from early 2021 Kyle isn’t NRL #7 material, simple as that. So Ciraldo tried a few things instead of persisting with Flanagan, so what? When they got Sexton (the closest thing we’ve had to a 7 for some time) he persisted with that lineup except for when Sexton was injured. Simples. Fail? Hardly epic.

- RFM had been around the club for years, club captain was no mistake. If anything RFM seems to have failed the leadership test. So not a fail, other than I wouldn’t have a multi-player captain arrangement - pick one. Mahoney is good, he’s lippy and not afraid to challenge referees like Jacko was.

- Crichton. He’s quality, why wouldn’t you target him? You neither know how much he’s being paid nor that he’s going to play fullback - you’re speculating again. As for forwards (and utilities for that matter) - it was well known when the 17th team was admitted and the cap lifted that most clubs locked up their talent until 2025 so knowing that reality why would you not pursue quality like Crichton anyway? He’s a piece of the puzzle going forward, it’s not dumb at all.

- Taylor I once would’ve agreed but that was 15 years ago and more recently he’s shown maturity and the Bears have made the finals every year he’s coached them and made the NSW Cup GF this year so the results speak for themselves, just as they do our lower grades with two Premierships this year. Puzzle pieces.

Sure, Ciraldo made mistakes in his first year as a rookie head coach - most would. And I bet he’s learnt from them too. Does that make him an ‘epic fail’?? Maybe to righteous overly emotional cat huggers but not to the rest of us. Happy to give him more time.

I see very little of your diatribe above as having substance. And you’re also wrong about my ‘justifications’ and ‘Crichton Defence’. How about just toning down the righteousness for once and accept that other opinions are valid and yours aren’t always right? I appreciate that probably means a reduction in posts but quality over quantity and all that :-).

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had a look at the manly forum, they hate that Waddell is going back to them.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is worth keeping in mind that we didn't do that just out of kindness and generosity. We were legally obliged to do it.

Always a Bulldog
Exactly my point. You play footy, you get injured, the club supports you. The risk of getting injured whether it’s a cut above the eye or a broken leg is the risk you take for the $$ on offer as a professional athlete.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Once again you are fabricating a narrative to suit your argument

Bellamy joined the storm in 2003 which was also the year slater and smith started their rise. In 2004 Cronk joined and 2005 Inglis joined. They won their next premiership in 2012 (7 years later). A team with 4 players (amongst others) who were generational talent and knew how to win. This combined with the backing of news limited (and 2 sets of books) helped Bellamy assemble a roster and set a winning culture which he has been able to maintain until the present. Once again it’s easier to build with quality and maintain rather than cleaning out and starting again as we have.

I never said poor Ciro. I said clearing out the dead wood comes first. Once he has his systems in place he should be judged. He joined a year early when he didn’t have to. Tough luck that’s his call and he needs to roll his sleeves up.

Your passion for nuffys like Flanagan, Waddell, Elliot and co merely support your trolling ways. Talking these guys up as though they are game breakers and will leave holes in our roster shows you have zero idea. You throw in some footy talk here and there but reality is you just like the smash of the reply butting and comments in reply to the barbs you throw.

As for RFM I couldn’t care less what injuries he came back from. He’s been supported by the club financially and medically. If he doesn’t want to play football then he can go lay bricks and see if that’s easier than being a professional footballer. Any player who can go a full half without a carry has let their actions speak for themselves. No need for the kennel to suggest he’s allergic to hard work. He did it to himself.
You don't think Bellamy had a bit to do with those players becoming as good as they became? I reckon he had a lot to do with it. The development of next gen superstars like Munster, Grant, Paps, Hughes etc are proof of that. Look how long it took the Knights to recover after losing one generational talent in Andrew Johns. Bellamy drove standards from day one and as a result, the storm have been perpetual finalists ever since he started there....including his debut season.

I have acknowledged Ciraldo has a task ahead of him. I never said I expected him to have us in the finals straight away. What I do expect is for him to be running a team that at least looks like it wants to compete from day one and shows some pride in the jersey. It is his job to motivate the players he has and instill that sense of pride in players who don't possess it naturally, and he has done a terrible job of it.

You don't run a broom through the club in the middle of a season. that's idiocy. You empower players to believe in themselves, because if they have confidence and self belief, you can guarantee they will be putting in maximum effort, at very least.

I don't buy this narrative that Ciraldo is just a hard task master and the players are all weak and lazy for a minute. In reality, I just don't think he's a good man manager. He had a whole preseason, he should have gone into the season knowing who his best and most committed players were and what positions they were most suited to.

And calling those players nuffies is completely disrespectful and just shows your argument up as the biased rubbish it is. Unlike Ciraldo, Corey Waddell did do his job this year. He was one of the few players who put in maximum effort in every game and as a result, he was one of our two best players of the season. Ciraldope rewards him by letting him walk, and to thank him for his efforts, you call him a nuffie.

Elliott is playing better footy than most blokes who have run out for our pack in the last half dozen years... there's little doubt he would be better for us than a lot of the plodders we have churned out in recent seasons.

I have little doubt Flano is a better player than he has been able to show so far in his career as well.We saw glimpses of it at the back end of this year. He could have given up or become bitter when he was dropped. Instead he made a real fist of a new position and provided us with some much needed spark and energy when he came back into the 17.

No, I'm not trolling.... you guys are just deflecting because you are tired of us being perennial losers and it is easier to blindly "trust the process" than look at the cold, hard realities.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Manly's signings under Siebolt are really weird, smells like priority is to just try and scrap into the 8, not to try and win the comp or build for the future.
Their last good signing was probably Foran and that didn’t last long. You would have to go back to Marty Taupau as their next good signing than Dylan Walker.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had a look at the manly forum, they hate that Waddell is going back to them.
And we’re ok that he’s leaving. Seems there’s only a handful who have a different opinion to both forums but hey that’s cool too. That’s why it’s a forum.