ScoMo's Holiday Outrage

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thought I'd post this from FB. A camera operator at the Cobargo meeting yesterday who was explaining the actual interaction that went on. She was critisised for commenting so then posted with a fuller explanation.

"Colleen Deegan here you are Colleen. Read this to the very last sentence.
This is Mark Ayliffe, Captain of the Cobargo RFS Brigade in NSW. The PM met him yesterday and the soot was still on Mark's clothes and his face. He hadn't eaten all day. It took the PM's wife Jenny to give him what he was so obviously crying out for (almost literally). This man has seen his town go up in flame and friends die, and our PM didn't know how to give him a hug. But Jenny Morrison knew what he needed and she gave it to him. I asked if I could make Mark's portrait and his eyes welled up, still so evidently full of emotion at what he has seen and experienced. His tears almost broke the surface, but they didn't fall.

I put the camera down and he almost fell into me and I followed Jenny's lead and we had a big hug. It's a lot to feel the embrace of another human in such times. It's a shame our Prime Minister has no idea how to do this.

Six riot and public order 4wds preceded the Prime Minister. None of the PM's convoy had any water, food, snacks or anything for the RFS volunteers in Cobargo. When Mark said he hadn't eaten all day, Morrison just shook his hand and said 'well I'll let you get back to it'.

I haven't felt so ashamed for a long time"

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol it’s always the same In every thread. Mental gymnastics in order to try and put the blame on anyone right wing like Morrison (albeit not even that right wing).
I’m sure the prime minister had people in charge over seeing the disaster who get paid to look after that area. It’s all political outrage. It’s good that the sensitives got arrested outside his home though. You dont get to use politics as a means to rock up to someone’s home. In America you’d rightfully be shot on the spot for trespassing. They should allow that law in Australia.
But he can use politics to rock up to people's burned homes and force handshakes for the sake of photo opportunities? Would those people he left in charge be the same people who advised him to cut funding to the RFS despite expert advice warning how bad this year's fire season would be? There are very rational reasons to be angry at the government right now..... And as leader, the least he could have done would be to stick around and show some semblance of leadership.

They should arrest ScuMo for impersonating a prime minister.

Do you ever think before you type? :P

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't have to be Einstein to see who you vote for!
I worked on Public Housing repairs for two years met some wonderful families living and happily living in a commission house and looking after them, unfortunately that was about 5% of the population I met at the time, the rest were either on drugs booze or just too lazy even to pick up their shit while we were working in their homes saying that nearly all of them could afford takeaway for their meals and always had beer handy but lived in a shithole they didn't even clean! This is what you get when you give too many easy handouts ,
I'm glad you are intelligent enough to realise that I'm not a liberal supporter. I'd hate to give that impression. It's a pity that your life was made so difficult by having to work in messy houses. That must have been very traumatic for you. I find it hard to understand how you even survived. But judging others can make life worthwhile for some and I'm glad you took some pleasure in judging others. Having a few beers on hand and being able to afford takeaway food isn't necessarily living a life of luxury though. Sometimes it's just a small attempt to escape the reality that life is pretty crappy when you are struggling.

It's not just people in public housing that have suffered from the wage stagnation and even the lack of welfare adjustment which doesn't match inflation. I know a few business owners that are feeling the pinch. If people are struggling to make ends meet that rolls on to small businesses having less cashflow. As Wendog mentioned, Rudd understood the economy far better than the liberals have since they got in power. I know a coffee shop owner who finally had her lightbulb moment about the fact that a $4.00 coffee becomes a small luxury if people are struggling to make ends meet. She realised that denying penalty rates to her employees is just pulling a little extra money out of the economy and that if every business does, small luxuries like coffee shops are going to be dropping off people's lists of priorities.

As far as Scummo leaving for a holiday goes, I couldn't care less about it. I'd prefer he be holidaying than trying to shake unwilling hands in an attempt to drum up support. The prick needs to shake a few dollars out of the budget surplus on firefighting aircraft for a start. But moving forward, the liberals have pulled money out of so many public services and I find it sickening. Every liberal leader has wound up being noted as despicable because they are governing in favour of the richest echelon of society.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The prick needs to shake a few dollars out of the budget surplus on firefighting aircraft for a start. But moving forward, the liberals have pulled money out of so many public services and I find it sickening. Every liberal leader has wound up being noted as despicable because they are governing in favour of the richest echelon of society.
Rumours are that they've now internally discussed getting rid of franking credits because of the extra money needed.

Would fucking love for it to happen but alas I don't think they'd be stupid enough to cut their own noses

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm in bangkok at the moment, and finally have seen the footage of his quite sad attempts to shake the hands of locals (on the local news bulletin here along with clips of the military conducting evacuations). It was refreshing to see scummo copping it, especially as I'm currently in a country whereflipping the bird to anyone "important" would land you in gaol:grinning:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Inept, passes judgement without facts

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Screenshot_20200103-221009_Facebook.jpg

Knowing what leadership is.aint that fucking hard

The problem is if they admit mistake they're admitting climate change problems and a need to rectify it. Their donors will never allow it

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But he can use politics to rock up to people's burned homes and force handshakes for the sake of photo opportunities? Would those people he left in charge be the same people who advised him to cut funding to the RFS despite expert advice warning how bad this year's fire season would be? There are very rational reasons to be angry at the government right now..... And as leader, the least he could have done would be to stick around and show some semblance of leadership.

They should arrest ScuMo for impersonating a prime minister.

Do you ever think before you type? :P
Force handshakes? Didn’t the powerful women ignore his handshake? Where’s the force there? Also you’re comparing gays outside someone’s house protesting to a country leader doing what he is meant to do and what every leader does. It’s like you lefties will find something to cling to if he doesn’t do one thing. Oh his on holidays? His evil, his back from holidays and going to the burnt out houses? His evil. I mean I gaurentee you if he didn’t do that, you’d also be whinging that our prime minister is so evil he didn’t even go to the burnt out houses, but because he did you twist it like the left does. That’s why no one takes the left serious. There’s no consistency, there’s no morals, just virtue signalling. But anyways you say I don’t think before I type, yet you just said random gays and a minister protesting outside someone’s private home is the same as a prime minister going to burnt out houses. I mean am I retarded for seeing how fkd up that comparison is? I must be.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol it’s always the same In every thread. Mental gymnastics in order to try and put the blame on anyone right wing like Morrison (albeit not even that right wing).
I’m sure the prime minister had people in charge over seeing the disaster who get paid to look after that area. It’s all political outrage. It’s good that the sensitives got arrested outside his home though. You dont get to use politics as a means to rock up to someone’s home. In America you’d rightfully be shot on the spot for trespassing. They should allow that law in Australia.
This is not about politics..it’s about leadership..and he has not shown any..heck members of his own party are bagging him.. If you don’t believe the outrage in this thread..then believe the outrage from the residents in Cobargo..the ones affected by the fires.. John Howard..whom I’m not a fan of..knew how to show leadership during a crisis..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rumours are that they've now internally discussed getting rid of franking credits because of the extra money needed.

Would fucking love for it to happen but alas I don't think they'd be stupid enough to cut their own noses
They'll sell off more assets before they think of something as drastic as taxing the wealthy. They'll just pay lip service to all of this and rely on the fact that Australian people typically have short memories. They'll run more scare campaigns in the lead up to the next election and many people will take on the old selfish indignation at the thought of their tax dollars paying for people on drugs or alcohol to be breathing their air. The liberals are experts in the politics of division now. They're managing it very well with a compliant media.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Force handshakes? Didn’t the powerful women ignore his handshake? Where’s the force there? Also you’re comparing gays outside someone’s house protesting to a country leader doing what he is meant to do and what every leader does. It’s like you lefties will find something to cling to if he doesn’t do one thing. Oh his on holidays? His evil, his back from holidays and going to the burnt out houses? His evil. I mean I gaurentee you if he didn’t do that, you’d also be whinging that our prime minister is so evil he didn’t even go to the burnt out houses, but because he did you twist it like the left does. That’s why no one takes the left serious. There’s no consistency, there’s no morals, just virtue signalling. But anyways you say I don’t think before I type, yet you just said random gays and a minister protesting outside someone’s private home is the same as a prime minister going to burnt out houses. I mean am I retarded for seeing how fkd up that comparison is? I must be.
WTF?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They'll sell off more assets before they think of something as drastic as taxing the wealthy. They'll just pay lip service to all of this and rely on the fact that Australian people typically have short memories. They'll run more scare campaigns in the lead up to the next election and many people will take on the old selfish indignation at the thought of their tax dollars paying for people on drugs or alcohol to be breathing their air. The liberals are experts in the politics of division now. They're managing it very well with a compliant media.
They're already running scare campaigns blaming it on the greens and the idiots who support them are lapping it up

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is not about politics..it’s about leadership..and he has not shown any..heck members of his own party are bagging him.. If you don’t believe the outrage in this thread..then believe the outrage from the residents in Cobargo..the ones affected by the fires.. John Howard..whom I’m not a fan of..knew how to show leadership during a crisis..
Show leadership? He isn't an expert on bushfire management. He and his government is there to allocate resources to where the RFS needs them. The government has already got the military, navy and American fire fighters involved. He cancelled his holiday which he booked in advance with his family to return.

The party members who are bagging him are:

A: not loyal
B: looking for a leadership spill

Saying "show leadership" is a vague media narrative. Be more specific.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m not a big fan of sco mo either his not right wing in any regard. He’d fit straight in with the lefties but he’s the most right wing people can tolerate so I’ll stick by him for now. Also it is very very political, to think all this outrage isn’t political is quite naive. Everything is politicised these days whether you accept it is or not.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
In my eyes there will be some difference but not much. This morriscum is devoid of emotion, he can stick to his prosperity cult and live with Brian Houston being his role model.

Whoever replaces him, of the leading contenders (except dutton), are smidgen better than him.

If its dutton, well then we're still fucked, i expect full on gestapo
As ordinary as this situation is, I'd be very surprised if he was to be challenged for his job over it.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
there are some sexy women and nice beaches in Hawaii