Science Stuff

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
when i get my 13th test is when i’ll feel truly safe though.hopefully they don’t recognize me and start thinking i’m some kind of freak tester or something. i’m not,i just want to be safe and want everyone around me to be safe and everyone around me that they know to be safe.that’s why i get tested so often because if i have it i want to feel safe.hopefully i don’t give it to someone while i’m at the testing site though. that would be counter productive really. ah the science of it all.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
i just get the mouth swab,means i can get tested twice as often.there’s something exciting about getting that result back.
In other words you're not getting tested, which was obvious.

Anyone who gets tested knows the feel a fun invasive nose probe.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
i get turned on as soon as i get in the line for it.soon to be 13 times! yep i’m a freak
Congratulations. I personally only get tested if I have to but whatever floats your boat.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You get real bullshit tests too. I had a test, then 2 days later had to get another test because they didn't trust the first. At one stage I had to get a test before flying to Melbourne, get a test when I arrived in Melbourne, get a test before flying back, then get a test when I arrived back.

Fun times.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
No idea why you'd want to do that for fun. You really are a freak.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Four 'toddler' exoplanets discovered orbiting stars 130 light years from Earth - ABC News

1626214559822.png

Astronomers say the discovery of four "energetic toddler" planets, far beyond our solar system, could provide new insights into how Earth evolved.

One exoplanet, about twice the size of Earth, orbits the star TOI 1807 in just 13 hours, creating a "lava world" with a constantly evaporating atmosphere.

Three other exoplanets orbit the related star TOI 2076, which is about 130 light years from Earth.

University of Southern Queensland researcher George Zhou said the planets were orbiting stars that were about 200 million years old — young in space terms.

"The sun is about 5 billion years old and is about middle-aged in terms of stars out there," Dr Zhou said.

"These planets are toddlers ... and the stars are very active.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's get things into perspective.

The Objects shown in the image above, (from the Hubble Ultra Deep Field) can be completely covered by the full stop at the end of
this sentence held at arm's length against the night sky. Let's break things down a tad.
Our planet, the Earth, circles the sun, the sun is a star. Our star, along with millions and millions of other stars, circles the center of the galaxy, known as the Milky Way.
Every single speck in this picture is a galaxy, not a star, and each of these galaxies is surrounded by millions of other stars, and each galaxy is anywhere between 100- and 100,000+ light-years across and all of which have the potential to be orbited by planets, which in turn have the potential to be inhabited by life.
These galaxies are estimated to be over 13 billion light-years away, a snapshot of the beginning of the universe.
Or to put it another way.
There are more Galaxies in the Universe than grains of sand on Earth...