Opinion Schoupp passing to Fox

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
There is ongoing points on offer if this combination better clicks.

I think Schoupp needs more mentoring and coaching on his role to create try assists to Fox.

Currently, it just doesn't feature at all. Everytime Schoupp gets the ball, he runs hard, direct and tries to break the line on his own. He is not a Kiraz, but I appreciate his guts and toughness to play direct like that.

But this is making him too one dimensional when he has the fastest player in the NRL on his edge waiting for a draw and pass.

You would think Schoupp would be not just seeking to bust the line and score but also add the dimension of being a ball skilled team player that uses the strike power at his fingertips. Then he will keep the defense second guessing as he plays both options. Right now he is too predictable and being contained.

Either he gets his shit together with some help or we need someone who plays and creates the opportunities on offer.

Last edited:

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
He was a bit off this week but been good prior to this im giving him benefit of the doubt after covid
I like and rate him highly as a player - true Bulldog. I just want him to add this dimension to his game and he will cement his spot and the team will benefit greatly. I have not seen this part of his game yet, but know he is capable - he just needs direction.

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
had a shocker of a game tbf, if he plays next week let’s see how he goes

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One dimensional player if im being honest. No step, no agility and no flick pass or passing game. Tough as nails and runs hard and tackles hard, but not ever going to be a prolific try scorer or up there with assists. Hence why I have said in other threads we need a strike centre that will always question the opposition's defence.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
One dimensional player if im being honest. No step, no agility and no flick pass or passing game. Tough as nails and runs hard and tackles hard, but not ever going to be a prolific try scorer or up there with assists. Hence why I have said in other threads we need a strike centre that will always question the opposition's defence.
This is the reality as it appears to me too - but when I see someone proud of being a Bulldog like he is, I always hope he develops to keep a spot in the 17. He is not tracking to do that if he continues which is a damn shame if it is not rectified in time.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is ongoing points on offer if this combination better clicks.

I think Schoupp needs more mentoring and coaching on his role to create try assists to Fox.

Currently, it just doesn't feature at all. Everytime Schoupp gets the ball, he runs hard, direct and tries to break the line on his own. He is not a Kiraz, but I appreciate his guts and toughness to play direct like that.

But this is making him too one dimensional when he is the fastest player in the NRL on his edge waiting for a draw and pass.

You would think Schoupp would be not just seeking to bust the line and score but also add the dimension of being a ball skilled team player knows how to use the strike power at his fingertips. Then he will keep the defense second guessing as he plays both options. Right now he is too predictable and being contained.

Either he gets his shit together with some help or we need someone who plays and creates the opportunities on offer.
I agree most of his runs are direct or even angle infield away from JAC. I haven't seen him try to draw the winger or get through the line and look for JAC. I like his improvement and expect those skills will come. Not sure if it will be enough though to stay in front of Kiraz, Alomati and Skelton.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm not sure Skelton would be best used with Fox.

He seems to create for himself and might be hampered having to feed Fox good ball.

Besides would it possibly stack the left too much and leave us with only Kiraz as our only attacking right side option?

Kiraz to play on Fox's left side and Skelton as right centre for me...provided Kiraz is comfortable on left side. This all supposing we don't see better from Schoup to Fox.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm not sure Skelton would be best used with Fox.

He seems to create for himself and might be hampered having to feed Fox good ball.

Besides would it possibly stack the left too much and leave us with only Kiraz as our only attacking right side option?

Kiraz to play on Fox's left side and Skelton as right centre for me...provided Kiraz is comfortable on left side. This all supposing we don't see better from Schoup to Fox.
Skelton has a mean flick pass, he picks his runs and not too proud to hog the ball.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Schoupp does some things well but he's definitely limited in what he can offer offensively at centre. I don't know if he thinks he's better than what he is our just isn't great at making decisions but a lot of quality ball has been wasted in his hands. I am curious to see if Schoupp could play on the wing so we could shift Kiraz back to centre where he's a lot better.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Skelton looks very exciting and could be anything but we need to slow our roll before expecting him to be a FG regular. He's only played 2 and 1/4 games of league and has yet to prove he can be up to FG defensively.. His attacking game is very promising, but he needs more games in Reserves first.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Skelton has a mean flick pass, he picks his runs and not too proud to hog the ball.
No doubt about what Skelton can bring. Lol we've all made our minds up :grinning: our next superstar.

It's just I'd like to have his strike on the right so we are more balanced and have options either side of the field.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One bad game and everyone’s opinion changes, yes he needs to improve his ball playing but 8/10 times he’s used as a decoy in getting the ball directly to fox anyways.

he’s the type of player who runs hard and straight. Could’ve sworn everyone on here would’ve been dying to have someone like that at the beginning of this season