News School teacher Bradley Deitz lands in his toughest class with Canterbury Bulldogs debut

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hes quit his job to go full time so maybe they are allowing easier exemptions this year
We only got an exemption because JMK got injured during rep duties. When fit Dietz won't be able to play unless we promote him or it's round 11 or whatever the cut off is now.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thats the theory but couldn’t imagine someone would quit their job to play 1 game of first grade
The opportunity is there for him and he needed to train fulltime if he wanted to take it, I'm not that surprised. He could also be earning enough to make do even if he doesn't get promoted...train and trial, match payment, a generous sponsor "helping" him out.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We struggled for a hooker since Ennis, and none have really come on the market. Imagine if we stumble onto a great hooker out of nowhere. I'd settle for a good hooker, great isnt even necessary

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Be great if he goes on to become a premiership hooker :tonguewink:

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be great if he goes on to become a premiership hooker :tonguewink:
I have a really good feeling about Dietz, since watching him play for Norths Sydney in lower grade Last year I was hoping we would pick him up, I was got really excited when he joined us, and after what I saw in that trial game I think we're onto something special. Tbaz has a great eye for talent and unlike Dick head Hassler who let Cook slip through our fingers in favor of Leichaa , Tbaz is rushing the kid into our team and I feel his faith in Dietz will be rewarded I feel think this kid has the potential to be a superstar. Happy Birthday Bradley, we will all be at the party on Friday night, Lets have a ball.

Happy Birthday Bradley - YouTube

-

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really impressed that Barrett has identified issues with our incumbent spine players, did a lot about it by signing new spine players and even when there was no new high profile hooker coming, he got creative and may just end up pulling a rabbit out of the hat.

Hope this guy has a great year.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a really good feeling about Dietz, since watching him play for Norths Sydney in lower grade Last year I was hoping we would pick him up, I was got really excited when he joined us, and after what I saw in that trial game I think we're onto something special. Tbaz has a great eye for talent and unlike Dick head Hassler who let Cook slip through our fingers in favor of Leichaa , Tbaz is rushing the kid into our team and I feel his faith in Dietz will be rewarded I feel think this kid has the potential to be a superstar. Happy Birthday Bradley, we will all be at the party on Friday night, Lets have a ball.

-
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRADLEY! - EPIC Happy Birthday Song - YouTube
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRADLEY! - ALIEN REMIX - YouTube

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We only got an exemption because JMK got injured during rep duties. When fit Dietz won't be able to play unless we promote him or it's round 11 or whatever the cut off is now.
He will just have to set the world on fire now he has his opportunity. Make them want to promote him. If hes good enough im sure they will

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
I agree with your point......but if he knocks it out of the park.....just maybe we can drop Christian Crighton from the top 30 for the season and move Deitz up..........there are a couple of other options......can this be done before the next cut-off point???

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
No doubt as having been given an injury exemption, the rules likely say that he cannot start in front of an existing hooker in the 30......so therefore.....always off the bench, which might not be a bad tactic.......maybe JMK' s injury could be worse than we thought.....or perhaps Katoa cops an injury on Friday (seriously I don't want that.......but just thinking outside the box)........Have a great game Brad but importantly enjoy the day.......