News School teacher Bradley Deitz lands in his toughest class with Canterbury Bulldogs debut

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I believe the NRL have a vested interest in this move in relation to expansion.. there's been a long standing argument that the NRL doesn't have the 'cattle' for expansion.. so the train and trail concept will keep more of those fringe first graders engaged and hopefully more time for those late bloomers to develop.. ergo more 'cattle'.. just my thoughts
That’s spot on mate what will happen is a player would just fall back on another job.
These guys need to make a big call at some stage because at the end of day bills and mortgages need to be paid along with supporting a family.
More players on the books is a good thing in general.

Reactions: GDR

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's a weird one, mate.

My guess is the Storm lobbied to the NRL to say we have no one who can fill this position, and asked for an exemption.

We did something similar, but in our case - JMK was injured in an NRL-mandated exhibition match. So it was always favorable we were going to get something here. Grant was injured in a trial. A little bit different.

Realistically speaking, unless you get an exemption - I do not believe players outside the top 30 can play until after the June 30 (now August) deadline.
I think you guys are bringing the rep game into it incorrectly. It’s not part of the equation.

if you have a squad with 2 hookers, and one is injured (whether it be at training, rep game, mums house), you can apply for an exemption to replace that hooker until they return. That’s where it ends.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I wonder if Okenbor has been hassling this bloke to visit him at work?