Scheduled loss v Souths

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If this week we lose but can get most of the currently injured guys (TPJ, Preston, King, Kikau etc) all fired up for Round 7 and beyond, it won't be too bad to tank this one.
I would love our losing streak to Souths on Good Friday games to end but I’m thinking the same way. The following week we get some genuine size and threats back.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm staking my claim now by saying I don't care if we win, lose or draw.

I just want to see the effort we saw against the Cowgirls.

I want to see the Bulldogs of old and not the chihuahuas of recent seasons.
And this is what makes Bulldog supporters “one of a kind” we will applaud and stand by our team through any degree of adversity if players adorning our jumper repay the faith through their effort and competitiveness.

of course we want Grand Final wins, but it’s the work ethic and desire to compete the fans adore… and it’s because that is what us fans have built our own lives and successes on… hard work.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And this is what makes Bulldog supporters “one of a kind” we will applaud and stand by our team through any degree of adversity if players adorning our jumper repay the faith through their effort and competitiveness.

of course we want Grand Final wins, but it’s the work ethic and desire to compete the fans adore… and it’s because that is what us fans have built our own lives and successes on… hard work.
Exactly mate, it’ll be interesting to see how CC has them up for this game because with the players out it’s easy for them to use that as an excuse, win or lose this Friday, if the team fights like they did on Sunday and keeps the score close we’ll all be proud of them ..

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you can't blind them with science, baffle them with bullshit. Somebody has put in more effort into telling everybody how difficult their job is, and how marvelously well they are doing it, than they put into the actual job. Junior league secretaries all over the World work out competition draws armed with nothing more than a pen and paper, and, when the NRL do it, suddenly it becomss nuclear physics.

And, if the NRL were even close to being fair dinkum, they would keep Sutton away from our games, not because he has got in in for us (which he has) but because they would want to avoid even the slightest perception of bias.
Yes....if you can't convince them, confuse them!

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all fairness would you be upset if we get flogged? I highly doubt this many forwards have been out injured in NRL history. It’s literally our while starting pack and our whole starting bench. It’s nuts!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
In all fairness would you be upset if we get flogged? I highly doubt this many forwards have been out injured in NRL history. It’s literally our while starting pack and our whole starting bench. It’s nuts!
In all honesty, if we show effort, pride and grit, then no, I wouldn't be upset.

But if they play like they did in round 1, I'll be fuming.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a scheduled loss. Even the best of teams would struggle playing on Sunday night and backing up on Friday afternoon.
This is absolutely horrendous, Let alone with most of our pack injured and the let down of an emotional high of a golden point win.

I fear for our team. What were they thinking when they did this draw?????

Souths will be fired up especially with Mitchell being bagged about motivation.

Obviously we still hope for a win but it is pretty much in the too hard basket.
What's a scheduled loss? If we go in with that attitude "too hard basket" then why turn up? I can guarantee the players and Ciraldo are looking for a win no matter what the circumstances are.

On Sunday night we overcame adversity, injuries galore and a sin bin. We hung in and came away with a Bulldogs like win. Btw, that's when we never give up like the good old days in case you weren't aware. Playing for the jersey basically.

Yeh it's a shit schedule but it is what it is and we have to get in the trenches and find that bit extra. Again, play for the jersey.

South's are beatable, they aren't in the best of form either and if South's are looking at Mitchell for extra motivation then they are going worse than I thought. We can win this!!! That's my attitude anyway.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
According to NRL operations, there are at present 17 referees qualified to handle a !st Grade game. If they drew the names out of a hat, Sutton would be a 16:1 shot (16 chances of getting someone else vs 1 chance of getting Sutton). Getting him 2 years in succession is a 256:1 shot (16 x 16). Those odds mean it is not a random thing - the NRL want Sutton refereeing our Good Friday game. Sutton has history with the team and with the supporters, and the worst of that history has been in the Good Friday game.

I don't suppose for a moment that the NRL send Sutton to our game with instructions to screw us over, but, by putting him in charge, they are sending a clear fuck you message to the club.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
According to NRL operations, there are at present 17 referees qualified to handle a !st Grade game. If they drew the names out of a hat, Sutton would be a 16:1 shot (16 chances of getting someone else vs 1 chance of getting Sutton). Getting him 2 years in succession is a 256:1 shot (16 x 16). Those odds mean it is not a random thing - the NRL want Sutton refereeing our Good Friday game. Sutton has history with the team and with the supporters, and the worst of that history has been in the Good Friday game.

I don't suppose for a moment that the NRL send Sutton to our game with instructions to screw us over, but, by putting him in charge, they are sending a clear fuck you message to the club.
Well it's certainly not conciliatory! Lol

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is no conspiracy, there is no rort. Its loser talk.

FMD this whole playing the victim shit is pathetic.

This is the actual "fact" of the matter. We've been shit for years through our own incompetence.

This year is differant but unfortunetly injuries have taken us out of the contest. Such a shame.

Win or lose, fight till the end. Thats all that can be expected.
That's what I've said. We have been outgunned by a finals ready team while the Dogs have been struggling to avoid the spoon.
It is the media hype, where they go over the top about the inevitable win that the Bunnies have racked up that I was talking about.

I can guarantee you that if Souths lose two star players in the first 15 minutes, sit on the wrong end of the penalty count and repeat sets, then have a player binned for ten minutes, while the Dogs run in tries against a weakened side, you will not read a glowing report about how "brave"
the Bulldogs were in victory.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's what I've said. We have been outgunned by a finals ready team while the Dogs have been struggling to avoid the spoon.
It is the media hype, where they go over the top about the inevitable win that the Bunnies have racked up that I was talking about.

I can guarantee you that if Souths lose two star players in the first 15 minutes, sit on the wrong end of the penalty count and repeat sets, then have a player binned for ten minutes, while the Dogs run in tries against a weakened side, you will not read a glowing report about how "brave"
the Bulldogs were in victory.
All that matters is how we play in the face of adversity this weekend.
Tough gig.
Early days but it appears we are on the right path for the first time in years. How we play these games indicates how we will go to once again being a top 4 team hopefully in the near future.

The media and commentary around NRL is garbage. Its just noise and I don't pay too much attention to it. Let them drool over LM if he runs riot over a depleted bottom 8 team this weekend. Ill be turning the TV off straight after the game win or lose.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Gus not happy with our game scheduling.

Screenshot_20230406_024219_Facebook.jpg

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We will:-

- lose the penalty count
- lose the 6 again count
- lose at least one player to the sin bin
- get at least one legit try taken off us
- get at least one no try given against us

Then when the game is unwinnable, the mofo will give us a few penalties deep in our half to try to hide his corruption.
How close am I?