SBW set to make professional boxing debut

Status
Not open for further replies.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Lets face it, there is a massive difference between a brawl on a footy field and the art of pugilism

urbhamza

New Pup
Reaction score
sbw boxing

sonny bill fighting in undercard on the next mundine fight.

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy money. The bloke is marketable you gota give him that

GATE7

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No i swear im not starting shiit. But you cant deny he does have good punches.

All the punches I have seen him throw whilst he was playing have ALL missed the mark.

Im curious, will Nasser handpick his opponents so that he can build up a record or will he actually fight someone decent.
You see, Mundine has only fought 3 decent fighters and he lost 2 of those fights .

These are the facts.

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the punches I have seen him throw whilst he was playing have ALL missed the mark.

Im curious, will Nasser handpick his opponents so that he can build up a record or will he actually fight someone decent.
You see, Mundine has only fought 3 decent fighters and he lost 2 of those fights .

These are the facts.
Mundine fought those fighters at the beginning of his career, because those fighters were looking for easy wins. Mundines time is coming.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Mundine fought those fighters at the beginning of his career, because those fighters were looking for easy wins. Mundines time is coming.
What drugs are you smoking? He was knocked by someone as being noted with one of the weakest punches.

I used to believe in Mundine but the guy is trash

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What drugs are you smoking? He was knocked by someone as being noted with one of the weakest punches.

I used to believe in Mundine but the guy is trash
Your the one on crack. Mundine only got knocked out once, by Ottke. If you did watch the fight Mundine owned him for 10 rounds. Lets not forget Ottke is a world champion. People were talking shiit for a long time at how he couldnt stop Mundine. And what are u on about weakest punches???? Ottke is known to be the best technical fighter in the world.

When this happened Mundine had only 10 fights under his belt.
Imo he is not trash, he has conquered Australia, now his place is in the states.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Your the one on crack. Mundine only got knocked out once, by Ottke. If you did watch the fight Mundine owned him for 10 rounds. Lets not forget Ottke is a world champion. People were talking shiit for a long time at how he couldnt stop Mundine. And what are u on about weakest punches???? Ottke is known to be the best technical fighter in the world.

When this happened Mundine had only 10 fights under his belt.
Imo he is not trash, he has conquered Australia, now his place is in the states.
We'll see in time...

GATE7

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When will his time come?...when all the good fighter he avoids turn 40? Take the Kessler fight for example. The Dane went into the fight with a crook back ;) . One can only imagine if he was 100% how long it would have taken him to dipose of Mundine.

For all the speed movement and combination mundine has he has also shown that he has a glass jaw and cant take a punch, Ottke proved it and so did that Asian fighter who knocked him down . And all this after he was comprehensively beaten by Soliman in their 1st bout.

Have a look at all of Mundines handpicked opponents and you will realise that whilst his record looks good his opponents were not top shelf.

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When will his time come?...when all the good fighter he avoids turn 40? Take the Kessler fight for example. The Dane went into the fight with a crook back ;) . One can only imagine if he was 100% how long it would have taken him to dipose of Mundine.

For all the speed movement and combination mundine has he has also shown that he has a glass jaw and cant take a punch, Ottke proved it and so did that Asian fighter who knocked him down . And all this after he was comprehensively beaten by Soliman in their 1st bout.

Have a look at all of Mundines handpicked opponents and you will realise that whilst his record looks good his opponents were not top shelf.
Every top shelf boxer has their time of easy opponents. After May, Mundine will move on to bigger and better fighters. He will be challenged. Pavlik V Mundine Looks promising.

G

giant

atleast sonny and choc are great at something,unlike some of the people in the thread good at nothing mundine is a champion league player and boxer and sonny is a great league player/union i think more suited for league

GATE7

Kennel Established
Reaction score
atleast sonny and choc are great at something,unlike some of the people in the thread good at nothing mundine is a champion league player and boxer and sonny is a great league player/union i think more suited for league
To be called a great one needs to have gained worldwide recognition of their achievements.
Pele was a great as was Muhammas Ali, so was Michael Jordan and so was Bjorn Borg to name a few in their respective sports. Tiger Woods and Usain Bolt are current greats .

Nobody around the world knows of Mundine or SBW and to classify them as greats in their respective sports is insulting the true past greats of Rugby League, Rugby Union and Boxing.
What Mundine and SBW have achieved in their careersto date is a mere spit in the ocean when one takes everything into context.

Mundines impact in world boxing is so insignificant at this stage that in America your average boxing fan would identify Micheal Katsidis ahead of Anthony Mundine.
You see Katsidis hasnt shyed away from fighting top shelf fighters thats why he has gained some respect in boxing circle in America.

The truth hurts many it seems. Mundine had his detractors well before he turned to islam, who can forget his arrogant comments and behaviour when he was playing for the dragons !!!!!!

And for the record Mundine is an ok fighter, nothing more nothing less. SBW was a very good Rugby league player, nothing more nothing less.
Both however have one thing in common, the world loyalty and honouring a contract dont belong in their vocabulary.

Last edited by a moderator:

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure Sonny Bill can throw a punch.

I hope karma bites him in the ass and he breaks his neck and spends the rest of his days in a wheel chair
I don't like SBW but I wouldn't hope that anyone breaks the neck and spends their lives in a wheelchair. I hope he gets KO'd though.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
IMO Mundine is talented boxer... but not the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.