SBW & Offloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are the people criticising him for using the ball too much now ???

He must have offloaded a thousand times today with one leading to a try. All quality balls today.

If you take the good you have to take the bad with SBW. While he will throw 5 offloads you have to expect him to drop the pill now and then.

Great game SBW !

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He didn't Try and ofload form every pass thogh, last few weeks he has tried to ofload everytime he had the ball in his hands

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
SBW will always get this kind of treatment because his earning alot of money and his had a few injuries

At the end of the day EVERYONE is glad his in the blue and white

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Think you are exaggerating a bit champ.
Watch last weeks game and the week before that, then come back to me...

I love the guy but he wants to offload too much, Folkes even said @ Half-Time 2 weeks ago, no more offloads, and then we started to play better.

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
All that matters is that he is slowly improving and getting there. I thought all his touches today were very good and is building up to something special. I really hope next week, he blows the storm off the park.

PHELPSY

DEEEEEEBO
Reaction score
Sonny was outstanding 2day. great game sonny!

Matty B

Reaction score
His offloads are generally very effective but he has to be more selective over when he uses it, rather than trying too hard and forcing the error which he has been guilty of on a couple of occasions this season.

Bulldogs Gal10

•·.·´¯`·KINGS·´¯`·.·•
Reaction score
awesome solid performance by williams. looked a much better side with him on the field, when he was off we looked abit lazy and rugged. when he came off, gould mentioned that he shouldnt be taken off and be allowed to play with fatigue...what do you guys rekon?

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
I think that SBW was taken off so that the rotation of the bench could be maintained. I mean you need to give all your players a run and SBW was the only forward who hadn't rested I think.

He was only off for about 5-10 minutes I think.

H

Haztrick

He's a freak, simple as that!

Very solid game from Sonny today.

houndmeister

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All that matters is that he is slowly improving and getting there. I thought all his touches today were very good and is building up to something special. I really hope next week, he blows the storm off the park.
He will. the last few weeks have been a lack of support play more than anything else. He has been looking for someone to offload to and his instinct is to do that. I hope he never gets gunshy and puts it away because in the long run the great ones will be remembered

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Offloads are only as good as the delivery and the support. Without either it just doesn't work.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
He had a great game. He's an absolute beast in defense. Worth every penny.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He had a really good game today.
What about the offload near the end of the game? The one that he threw around the corner to Millard? That was just brilliant!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Good game today. He's becoming consistantly good which is great news for us.

Premiers04

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was very strong today and as others have pointed out, he didnt go in to every run with the intention of offloading. He is starting to play before the line as well now with Mason running off him and he got through a few half gaps.

Played very well.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Where are the people criticising him for using the ball too much now ???

He must have offloaded a thousand times today with one leading to a try. All quality balls today.

If you take the good you have to take the bad with SBW. While he will throw 5 offloads you have to expect him to drop the pill now and then.

Great game SBW !
omg, some people on here are ridiculous, Sonny throughout his whole career has pushed the pass one to many times and rightly so has had people criticising him, today he did throw a ball that was a stupid offload, the one to Te Maari when Buderus was right there and led to a turnover, yes he did some freakish balls and most were good but he has to do it on a consistent basis and learn to control it then it will become deadly because if he trys all the time, the opposition will know its coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.