Official SBW Hangs Up The Boots

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well done, great career across multiple sports. Plenty of controversies but he did apologise on multiple accounts. The four traitors who defected to Parra mid-contract and never apologised but were welcomed back with open arms so we shouldn't apply double standards.
He still talks about the Bulldogs with glee in his eyes whenever his time here is brought up and that says a lot. Once again, congrats on a steller career.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Well done, great career across multiple sports. Plenty of controversies but he did apologise on multiple accounts. The four traitors who defected to Parra mid-contract and never apologised but were welcomed back with open arms so we shouldn't apply double standards.
He still talks about the Bulldogs with glee in his eyes whenever his time here is brought up and that says a lot. Once again, congrats on a steller career.
Their contracts ran out, they didn’t want to go to Super League (can’t blame them) and they left on good terms. SBW was a prick.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Their contracts ran out, they didn’t want to go to Super League (can’t blame them) and they left on good terms. SBW was a prick.
That’s false, a simple Google search bro. They turned their backs on the dogs for more $$$

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yep i'm in the fuck him camp..your very forgiving @Superman, be fucked if i can ever remember an apology for desertion and i would say his actions in pissing off(and the way he did it)most definitely cost us winning another comp or even two.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He just announced it so he could take the headlines away from the NRL opening round & Smith's retirement. He is dead to me.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
vastly different situation as far as I see it. The whole of the league was in contract limbo with new contracts being written for everybody getting better money. I don't respect any player that leaves us mid contract, but running off overseas in the middle of the night was the biggest dick move that I can recall in my time supporting the game. Opting for him over going a bit harder to keep Asotasi was in hindsight a huge mistake. Both were players you could build the forward pack around and we lost the wrong player there.

But it's all in the past and I couldn't give two craps about him anymore. Let this thread die a quick death.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it is not simply that SBW left mid year, mid contract in the middle of the night but the fact that he insinuated that Folkes was a racist, that he gave that worm Weidler advanced warning that he was fleeing and that he then went onto the 'Roast' and accused the 'Dogs medical staff which included Dr Hugh Hazard of misleading him as to his health to entrap him in a long term contract, and the moment the 4.5 year injunction was up, SBW signs with the Roosters to honour a hand shake agreement with Politis... the disrespect to walk out on a iron clad written contract with us but to honour a hand shake with Politis --> the 'Dogs most heated rival at the time

f*+# SBW!

like every other f*+#ing acolyte of Mundine, allowed his vanity and greed and arrogance to wipe everything else out... for f*+#'s sake, I had to listen to Mundine Snr compare SBW to Muhammad Ali... bitch please