Samsung S5 help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Guys, I know I created a thread saying Android owns iOS not long ago but I wanted to start a new thread to really grab attention towards this issue I am facing.

But seriously now the S5 is giving me nothing more than the shits.

It is slow, laggy and does not run as smooth as iOS. In my opinion it doesnt even compare. The S5 lags like shit when I listen to music, text and use fb messenger. Even just texting and using the fb chat head lags the complete shit outta the phone. I don't understand why.

Im having the following issues with my S5:

- S5 telling me my Text message inbox is full ( I just got the phone)
- Failing to send messages
- Lag between changing apps
- Texting lag

These are small things but it is very VERY annoying.

My friend reckons its because of all the bloatware that samsung has pre installed. IF this is the case how the * do I get rid of it?

For the record:

- I have disabled some samsung apps in the application manager settings
- I have removed some effects to fasten it up (transitions etc)

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have s5 for a few weeks now and faced no such problems. Maybe take it to shop and ask ? I don't know I dont have Facebook could that be it ?

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
I have s5 for a few weeks now and faced no such problems. Maybe take it to shop and ask ? I don't know I dont have Facebook could that be it ?
I think it is just mine. I messaged my cousin and my friend and they dont face the issues I am dealing with. I have no clue why its happening with me :(

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take it to wherever you got it from. Sounds as though there's a fault with the software. Have you tried resetting the phone from scratch? Also when you got it, did you do any software or app updates or was it slow from the moment you got it?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
May be tasks running in the background. Try restarting your phone and see if that helps. If it does you should install a task manager app to terminate apps that are running in the background.

Also try going to settings -> general -> application manager, then swipe across to "running". Have a look how much ram you have down the bottom. If the blue line is over 70% then something is draining your memory. Look on the list to see if any of e apps are using a large amount of memory.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it is just mine. I messaged my cousin and my friend and they dont face the issues I am dealing with. I have no clue why its happening with me :(
You may have a lemon , I bought a 22k lemon Captiva which fukks up every day. If I didn't have kids id be on murder charges for killing the prick who sold it to me

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You got a dud phone, send it back. No problems with mine whatsoever!

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What network did you get it from & is it network branded? Network branded handsets are full of bloatware on top of the Samsung bloatware that comes pre-installed.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
BUMP...
my S5 shit itself this morning... wont stop rebooting cant even use it at all...wont go past pincode screen without freezing..
samsung/telstra both unable to help...only solution is to send it away to get it checked...
any1 else had these issues?

last to samsungs have only lasted a year max...
ive had s5 for 10 months....

looks like im going back to iphone...at least their service is impeccable

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
S6 released April 10, confirmed today

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
BUMP...
my S5 shit itself this morning... wont stop rebooting cant even use it at all...wont go past pincode screen without freezing..
samsung/telstra both unable to help...only solution is to send it away to get it checked...

My Note 3 started rebooting. Wouldn't happen all the time, just randomly. Sent it to get repaired and got a free new Note 3 a week later.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
so mayb i wait to get it repaired..im not upgrading again and adding more costs on...but contract doesnt run out til may 2016!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Best bet. It doesn't take long to repair and if you got it through a carrier they can offer you a loan handset.

With Apple it's easy because you can just bring it in the the genius bar and they'll generally replace it on the spot but you usually have to wait a few days to a week for an appointment so it's generally the same. When you send it for repair they'll usually tell you the current turnaround time.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
BUMP...

Come back. walk into the light.
My 6+ is such a pretty thing, i always know the time now, because i cant stop looking at it.
Now my missus has a perfect condition 5s that works flawlessly, my hand me down. Because its apple and its well made.
Who hands down their old android phones ? their always trashed and buggy by the end of their contract and the owners are hanging to replace them.
Quality costs money.

Status
Not open for further replies.