Samsung s4 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
hey all...
so I've had my Samsung s4 for about a year now...and have loved it ever since...got over iphone coz of all the problems I had with every iphone I owned...and I have raved about Samsung for a while now.... until 2 days ago...my phone keeps automatically restarting...have no idea why...have done a factory reset...and still getting the same issues...
I tried to google it...and some forums say its a battery issue...but that's people complaining that the battery is fully charged...and then it just restarts at its at 20%...
with mine it just keeps restarting and the battery is on the same as what it was prior to rebooting...
has any1 else got this issue? do you know how to fix it?
I hate smartphones...nah I really love them...but they do my head in!

N

Natboy

Most phones I've had seem to start stuffing up at the one year mark! JUST when the warranty runs out! Same as TV's!
I buy them outright, sell them at ridiculously high prices after a year on eBay & buy the next years model
Can't help with the Samsung though sorry

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pull the battery out have a look if its swelled up a bit.mrs had the same problem

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Pull the battery out have a look if its swelled up a bit.mrs had the same problem
yeh I checked that after googling...but battery is not hot nor has it swelled up...weirddd
I contacted Samsung Australia and all they could offer was for me to send it to their service centre somewhere 2 let them look at it....
fuk that

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Did you recently update the firmware? The new firmware has farked up heaps of peoples phones.

I have an S3 and it hasn't killed my phone, but my battery basically drains flat within a couple of hours. However I think that was happening before I updated, but probably worse now.

A mate at work it fried his motherboard, phone won't turn on at all anymore. Take it back to Samsung and expect to be without it for a couple of weeks.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
yeh I did the update last week !!

FML should of never done it!!!
cant afford to have no phone for 2 weeks

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Updated my s4 no dramas have had it since release, But i expect it to start fkn up soon, Its standard all phones start dying after the first year they make em to last 2 yrs as most contracts are 24 months

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It sounds like the update was probably the cause. I've always believed with Android phones other than the Nexus series, that the best version of Android is the one the phone itself was shipped with.

I find every update that's released just brings some new bug in. Especially with the Samsung phones as they have a lot of bloatware and crap on top of Android (TocuhWiz, S-Apps etc.) that's always going to cause conflict issues in my opinion.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
does anyone else thinks the new s5 is a pos. I'm really dissappointed with their design tbh and I wanted so long for its release to get a new phone.

Looks like I may convert to iphone 6 with the rumors saying the screen size will be a 4.7

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
yeh I did the update last week !!

FML should of never done it!!!
cant afford to have no phone for 2 weeks
That's the exact problem. The phone constantly restarting means your firmware is corrupt. Most commonly happens when you update with less than 50% battery but can happen randomly. Basically means the firmware was corrupt. Only way to fix it is by flashing the firmware again through Odin. If this doesn't work then the motherboard on the phone needs to be replaced.

You can flash a firmware with Odin yourself but it'll void any warranty and have a chance of bricking your phone making it impossible to fix without replacing the motherboard.

Your best option is to send it in to Samsung for repair.

This is the one bonus apple has over Samsung. If your iphone does this you just take it in to their genius bar and they replace the phone on the spot. Samsung will eventually get a similar thing but probably not in Australia for a while.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That's the exact problem. The phone constantly restarting means your firmware is corrupt. Most commonly happens when you update with less than 50% battery but can happen randomly. Basically means the firmware was corrupt. Only way to fix it is by flashing the firmware again through Odin. If this doesn't work then the motherboard on the phone needs to be replaced.

You can flash a firmware with Odin yourself but it'll void any warranty and have a chance of bricking your phone making it impossible to fix without replacing the motherboard.

Your best option is to send it in to Samsung for repair.

This is the one bonus apple has over Samsung. If your iphone does this you just take it in to their genius bar and they replace the phone on the spot. Samsung will eventually get a similar thing but probably not in Australia for a while.
Yh i have had this problem with 2 different androids, defs needs to be flashed. Still pick android over apple every time though aha.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So I should update my S4?

Btw I dropped mine in the toilet (lol) and I put it in raw rice for 2 days and it works perfect now.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Is there anyway I can go bak to the old firmware
If they release a new firmware mayb that will fix it?
I definitely updated with less than 50% too
Damn wish I knew
I should of never updated
The fone was fine the way it was

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Btw I dropped mine in the toilet (lol) and I put it in raw rice for 2 days and it works perfect now.
Haha the rice thing actually works! I done my s3 and i have had no problems.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is there anyway I can go bak to the old firmware
If they release a new firmware mayb that will fix it?
I definitely updated with less than 50% too
Damn wish I knew
I should of never updated
The fone was fine the way it was
Just get in touch with samsung and tell them what happened. They should fix or replace it for you free of charge.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
I already have been in touch
All they can do is advise me 2 send my fone in for repair lol
Ill wait til it dies a bit more
It hasnt restarted in 4 hours now
Bout 6 times today

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Like most shit from Asia, just add a bit of rice and it works wonders

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've still got my S2, with original battery. I've had it for nearly four years now. I've not updated it at all. It does everything I need and still works great. Has been far and away the best phone I've ever owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.