Sam walker

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guy,

Great thread. Yes we should throw everything including the kitchen sink at this young thuggish act.
Nimble, bouncy, torque. All the elements to make a good fullback.

Like and reply.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Every club is looking at him. Probably only one or two have a legit chance of signing him.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes we should make him a decent offer even if it's just to make the Roosters pay much more. He's a much more natural footballer more suited to the new rules because he can play what's in front of him unlike Flanagan unfortunately.

Even with Burton next year I think we need a much more talented half who can mix up his game, create and make breaks himself otherwise there will be too much pressure on young Burton alone to create every try. It would be easier for opposing teams to shut down 1 playmaker than 2 plus what if Burton ever gets injured then we have no-one creating and we're up Shit Creek

Flanagan will improve if we improve other positions around him but I'm unsure if he will improve enough. He's shown continually that he makes bad decisions on 5th tackles. No one is forcing him to do that other than himself.

We should never rule out making a play for a Roosters player just because we think they will never lose a player. That's playing exactly into their hands and just making it easier for them to pay unders and keep whoever they want. Remember RTS and Mitchell both left against the Roosters wishes. I read actually that they are having real trouble paying Walker decent money and will have to backend his contract heavily.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Only if he'll play fullback.eh kevvie :tearsofjoy: There is about as much chance of us winning the GF this year as there is of the Roosters letting this kid get away. The only upside for me is that they will turn him into the next QLD origin legend.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The way he plays give him a million for 4 year contract dead set.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's no chance of coming here. The Roosters will match any offer we make and he gets to a lead a premiership winning side. Why would he come here where careers go to die?

Burton is a man of his word but damn he must be feeling sick watching the rabble that is us at the moment

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes we should make him a decent offer even if it's just to make the Roosters pay much more. He's a much more natural footballer more suited to the new rules because he can play what's in front of him unlike Flanagan unfortunately.

Even with Burton next year I think we need a much more talented half who can mix up his game, create and make breaks himself otherwise there will be too much pressure on young Burton alone to create every try. It would be easier for opposing teams to shut down 1 playmaker than 2 plus what if Burton ever gets injured then we have no-one creating and we're up Shit Creek

Flanagan will improve if we improve other positions around him but I'm unsure if he will improve enough. He's shown continually that he makes bad decisions on 5th tackles. No one is forcing him to do that other than himself.

We should never rule out making a play for a Roosters player just because we think they will never lose a player. That's playing exactly into their hands and just making it easier for them to pay unders and keep whoever they want. Remember RTS and Mitchell both left against the Roosters wishes. I read actually that they are having real trouble paying Walker decent money and will have to backend his contract heavily.
>"He's shown continually that he makes bad decisions on 5th tackles. No one is forcing him to do that other than himself."
Spot on. That sums up Flanno perfectly and why he''ll never be anything more than an average HB (being generous) unless he completely revamps his game which in turn will take years.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a chance. Friends with some of the walkers .We WERE interested but robinson Called him personally to invite him down and he’s never done that to anyone that age. The story about broncos saying no is bullshit , he would of gone there but they weren’t happy with how the broncos were going and how they treated bennet

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not a chance. Friends with some of the walkers .We WERE interested but robinson Called him personally to invite him down and he’s never done that to anyone that age. The story about broncos saying no is bullshit , he would of gone there but they weren’t happy with how the broncos were going and how they treated bennet
u lieing or can I believe u ?