Sam Thaiday sook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's one thing to think it but to put it out there shows his arrogance.

just because a bruvver is in charge doesn't mean you're automatically selected.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't believe he played for Australia in the last 4 years never mind this year. A very overrated player in my opinion. If josh Jackson and Tedesco can't get in then there is no way Thaiday should even contemplate making the team.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
To be honest I think he did deserve a phone call, however I think sooking about it online was a pretty lame way to deal with the situation.

He had to have seen it coming as well, he has been in really ordinary form and there are so many good, young forwards.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe he should have got a call if that's the protocol but he didn't need to vent publicly. A quiet word to Mal when he saw him next would have sufficed.

He was on borrowed time at rep level and getting dropped from Origin was the writing on the wall. He obviously wasn't expecting to be selected as only seemed upset about not being told as opposed to not being selected.

Think the comments about getting on the front foot re Broncos is spot on. Bennett has a habit of retiring players.

Could not have handled an Aus forward pack with McGuire, Gillette, Thaiday, Kaufusi & Smith when Smith was the only obvious selection. Am sure Matt Scott would have also been picked if he had a few weeks of football under him.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It should be an honour for you to have played for QLD/AU, not an honour for them to have you.

EAD

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Dunno, I did read it was "how" he found out (via a leaked team list in the media) but I'm a traditionalist in that they should wait for the announcement and find out then. No need for calls etc otherwise why do a team announcement. Think the real reason is that his career is almost if not already done and he is having that realisation. Yeah he is sooking for sure! Should be proud he got to represent.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a little bit arrogant to expect a phone call to confirm he wouldn't be selected. Poor widdle Faiday needs a hug with the bad news. But weighed against Corey Parker having a sook about Klemmer on field then going on to write about it in an autobiography takes the cake.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
To be honest I think he did deserve a phone call, however I think sooking about it online was a pretty lame way to deal with the situation.

He had to have seen it coming as well, he has been in really ordinary form and there are so many good, young forwards.
There are two parts to this issue. The first is that he has been a mainstay of the Aussie team for 10 years and the author of RISE so a phone call before the team was announced was definitely in order. Mal has said so in his apology to him the next day and that was the right thing to do. The second part though is the default position that social media occupies in peoples minds these days. Instead of giving Mal a ring (I'm sure he has his number) he sits there a bangs out a blister to all and sundry. That, in my view, is a sad indictment on the way the world seemingly chooses to communicate these days. I know you read this site Donald......:grinning:

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Was waiting for him to draw the race card tbh lol
Haha, we joked about that at work today

Lol

Bet my balls the only thing that saved him from playing that card is the fact Maninga is a brother

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There are two parts to this issue. The first is that he has been a mainstay of the Aussie team for 10 years and the author of RISE so a phone call before the team was announced was definitely in order. Mal has said so in his apology to him the next day and that was the right thing to do. The second part though is the default position that social media occupies in peoples minds these days. Instead of giving Mal a ring (I'm sure he has his number) he sits there a bangs out a blister to all and sundry. That, in my view, is a sad indictment on the way the world seemingly chooses to communicate these days. I know you read this site Donald......:grinning:
Spot on
That's why I think big mal should not have publicly apologise

It gives cred to this kind of behaviour

Mal should have called him out

Mal went soft on the topic and didn't think it through

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Third man Thiaday needs to harden the fuk up.

Honestly if I was out somewhere and saw him, I would not hesitate to go up and racially insult him. Not cos I am racist, just I'd love to hear about his sob story on Twitter/Instagram or whatever afterwards.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mal = part South Sea Islander Descent

Sam = TSI descent

Not sure they qualify as bruvvers.

Status
Not open for further replies.