Sam Thaiday sook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He deserved the courtesy of a phone call.

No where in the story did Thaiday expect to be in the squad.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He deserved the courtesy of a phone call.

No where in the story did Thaiday expect to be in the squad.
I don't get why anyone "deserves" a phone call.

Mal wasn't breaking up with him.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Thaiday was left out of QLD team. It's common knowledge if he's not representing his state then he won't be representing his country.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Little bitch playing for your country is a privelage not a right lol past it anyway

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Thaiday was left out of QLD team. It's common knowledge if he's not representing his state then he won't be representing his country.
Don't know where you get that from. The squad has several players in it that didn't play SOO this year and it has always been the same. The ARL picks the national team and the State leagues pick the Origin teams. They are not bound to each other in any way when it comes to player selections.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Don't know where you get that from. The squad has several players in it that didn't play SOO this year and it has always been the same. The ARL picks the national team and the State leagues pick the Origin teams. They are not bound to each other in any way when it comes to player selections.
I never said they are bound, but if you don't represent your state, the odds of you representing your country are slim.

As for those who haven't played origin this year, it's likely that form improved over the year, or this year was a breakout year for them - and this is common for teams who progress well in the finals, which is why the team is dominated by Storm players.

Thaiday falls in neither of the above mentioned categories.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah but not usually when they get dropped

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
True, but I was responding to the original post that related to people not being able to play for the Roos if they don't play origin....

No I agree that happens heaps of times some players get rewarded with a great finals series that have never played origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.