Sam Kasiano & Tim Browne

Status
Not open for further replies.

BullDoggy10

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I feel Sam Kasiano is improving every week particularly his work rate in the last couple of games, probably because Aiden Tolman our star prop is out. Do you think Kasiano is good enough to be holding his spot in the team ?
How has Tim Browne been going in the NSW Cup ? I know he has potential. Do you think Browne is ready to play regular first grade for the Bulldogs at the moment ? I know he has not been back too long from injury.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I do. He hasn't even begun to show his true worth re offloads etc and he is improving with every game. I like having him start and hope he continues to improve and reach his potential.Browne only just back from knee surgery??

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Browne can stay on the field, which he has struggled to do in his football career so far he can be one of the best impact forwards in the game (he has size, skill, speed and can hit hard too, can be like a lesser dave taylor). Unfortunately doesnt seem like he will ever reach his full potential with the recurring injuries he has had over the last 4-5 years.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
*flashbacks of Browne chasing down the Windsor Wolves winger from across the field when the winger had a 5m head start*

*flashbacks of Brownes length of the field try from last year*

Totally agree with boggie23's comments, I reckon he's a future rep player if he continues his NSW Cup form in NRL.

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Kasiano has been a little inconsistant this year but that is to be expected at 21 and in first grade. you dont mature as a prop untill about your mid/late 20's. He shown some glimpes of what he can do and doesnt mind putting the shot on. They need to persist with Sam, once he realises his own potential then he will develope and be something special.

Tim Browne's injuries have been an issue last 2 years or so, but if he can remain free of injuries he will be in 1st Grade. you got to admire the way he plays the game, he runs hard and hits hard and goes with pace, the kid loves agression and that reminds me of our forward packs earlier on that used to go lookin for blood. Injury is the only thing holding him back from featuring in our 1st Grade team, so im praying he has gotten over it!

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kasiano on a big run up goes forward big time, sadly 75% of his runs are from a jog or a stand still. Though some are not his fault and are a lack of time from the 9 and the halves.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
*flashbacks of Browne chasing down the Windsor Wolves winger from across the field when the winger had a 5m head start*

*flashbacks of Brownes length of the field try from last year*

Totally agree with boggie23's comments, I reckon he's a future rep player if he continues his NSW Cup form in NRL.
*flashbacks to the NSW Cup grandfinal last year. Brown hitting a player so hard during goal line defence that the whole stadium shook

Personally I like Brown, but he'll have to develop his fitness and conditioning before I'd risk him playing first grade.

As for Kasiano... yeah, he's definitely developing well and I'd keep him at starting prop alongside Tolman when he returns.

Doggies Bro

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yeah definetly keep sam kasiano probly the best forward again manly and will only improve with time. As with tim browne he could develop into an origin front rower if given the chance though would like him to stay and develop with the team maybe their could be a spot if ryan goes and maybe push Payne starting and Browne off the bench 4 next year, but for this year would like him to have at least a couple of games this season.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tim Browne's injuries have been an issue last 2 years or so, but if he can remain free of injuries he will be in 1st Grade.
I wish it was only 2 years :p He has had serious season ending injuries the last 4 or 5 years. Since he was playing under 20s at the Rabbits and the Eagles. He just returned from injury this year recently too. So hopefully he can string some games together and if he stays on the field he will get a chance in First grade some time throughout the year. But personally I think you have a better chance of winning lotto then Browne staying on the field :p lol

I guess he will be in the Sonny Bill, Nick Kosef etc mold. Players with awesome potential, but very injury prone (in saying that sonny has had a good 12 months in regards to the injuries, he only had a stress fracture recently in his foot/leg but missed no footy) 2 years cut short by injury can be bad luck (i.e. campo returning for the raiders and going down within 5 mins), other players like Kosef it must have been genetic because he could not stay on the field if his life depended on it. Ended up retiring at around 27-28 or so.

Being such a massive unit (about 194cm and 110-115kg) he is the closet thing to mason we have had since Big Willie left. Will cause havoc if he can play 2 full years with full pre seasons under his belt.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Browne reminds me of a young Paul Harrigon - definitely worth persiisting with

Until we improve our speed in the ruck area none of our forwards will be able to dominate.

C

chipandchase

Browne reminds me of a young Paul Harrigon - definitely worth persiisting with

Until we improve our speed in the ruck area none of our forwards will be able to dominate.
wasnt Harrigan playing for NSW and Aus at the same age??? i think so, pretty big comparison

GTJOHN

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both Browne & Kasiano had decent games in NSW cup against windsor yesterday.
Big Sam was a handfull with every run , hard to contain. Browne whilsty not flash was solid
and put his hand up for work.. With match fitness & if he stays injury free, he will be good..
With Tolman, Pea , Kasioano & Browne, we should get some go foward

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
kasiano is definately a talent....with experience he will get better....just hoping that the club can stick with him

Bulldog John

Since 1935
Reaction score
Tim Browne is a super prop. Will be better than most if he plays FG.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
both browne & kasiano had decent games in nsw cup against windsor yesterday.
Big sam was a handfull with every run , hard to contain. Browne whilsty not flash was solid
and put his hand up for work.. With match fitness & if he stays injury free, he will be good..
With tolman, pea , kasioano & browne, we should get some go foward
*like*

dedezy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Sam Kasiano is so dumb he can't pull a sentence together. I know it's not rocket science out there but honestly his lack of any intellect shows as he fails to apply himself for long periods during a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.