Sam Kasiano re-signs for 3 more years

Status
Not open for further replies.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs front row forward Sam Kasiano has today confirmed he will remain at the Bulldogs for a further three seasons, through until the end of 2018.

The 24-year-old has come through the Bulldogs junior ranks and made his NRL debut in season 2011 (Rnd 1 v Tigers, ANZ Stadium) and has since gone on to make 74 appearances in the top grade.

The Kiwi-international had a patchy 2014 where injury stopped him from being on the field consistently but the 24-year-old has started the year strongly and his hopeful of it continuing.

“It’s great,” Kasiano said. “It’s a great club, great bunch of guys and it’s awesome that I know I will be here for another three years.

“Des is one the best coaches in the game and I’m happy that I can continue to learn from him. I’ve had a tough run with injuries lately so I’m just looking to string some games together.”

Coach Des Hasler is keen to continue working with Sam.

“Sam is an exciting and skilful player who has represented his country,” Hasler said. “He has got through a tough run of injuries and has started the season positively.”

Chief Executive Raelene Castle is pleased that Sam is remaining at the club.

“We all know how destructive Sam can be on the field and hopefully we will see that continue over the next three years,” Castle said. “It’ll be good to see him grow as a player and contribute week to week for the club.”

source

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fcuk yeh!!!
marley no negative comments re. Kasiano or il come aftrr u lol!

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news for sam and the club, let's just hope he over comes his injuries and stays fit and finds the form he had in 2012, because I believe we need him at his best to grow owe chances of taking out the comp.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh yeah. The big fella recommits for another three.Even though Sam has his detractors I would hate to see him play for another club.

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
so much for everyone saying he was going elsewhere and was on the outer.

great news for the club, always bends the line back and more skills than most halfbacks and 5/8ths.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
fat signing! :thumb:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
so much for everyone saying he was going elsewhere and was on the outer.

great news for the club, always bends the line back and more skills than most halfbacks and 5/8ths.
This.

Very very happy to see this. Hopefully Klemmer extends soon (may not be off contract this year but we shouldn't wait, fairly confident with Lichaa here he will stay)

With Graham, Tolman, Kas, Klemmer we will always have a good platform if they are healthy. Great news.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Great news :D ! Marley must be spewing hahahaha

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great news :D ! Marley must be spewing hahahaha
Kmart just sold out of crying towels, Marley just bought them all :p

Good on ya Sam!!! Stay fit, stay healthy and on the park.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good news. I really think that Kasiano is among the best impact players in the game. Not only that but he's able to create many opportunities with his offloads. He's shown recently that he has a decent long passing game and coupled with all this he seems to not have an ego to match his frame. I'm glad he chose to stay on for three more years.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Great news for the club he is an international prop who plays a big part in our game plan. Happy to see him stay at the club.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always said that Big Kas isn't going anywhere... Great news for Sam, the Club and the fans...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fcuk yeh!!!
marley no negative comments re. Kasiano or il come aftrr u lol!
Nothing negative, i just hope he stays fit and conditioned and he learns to just tuck the ball under his arm and not try to offload every tackle.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great news for sam and the club, let's just hope he over comes his injuries and stays fit and finds the form he had in 2012, because I believe we need him at his best to grow owe chances of taking out the comp.
I may be over simplifying this but if Sam has overcome his injuries he should not only stay fit but get fitter. Sam's pass to Curtis Rona last Friday proved beyond doubt he has more ability than popping little offloads to the nos.1-6-7. He has got a football brain and the fitter he gets the better he will be in all aspects of his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.