Opinion Sam Hughes

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If anything postive feedback is great, just don't want it getting to his head.

Hope the humility of Prestomania rubs off on him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I liked the look of him last year and obviously the reports from everyone at the club about his preseason are encouraging... Hopefully he steps up but I hope Bulldogs fans temper their expectations..

Hughes could well end up being good but have a bad first month or two. Either way, people need to remember he's a young player that needs game time so we shouldn't over hype him if he plays well or write him off if he doesn't..

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy has been hyped more than Preston. It’s a bit hard not to get excited.
What other dogs have been this hyped in recent times? Alamoti, Averillo?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Worries me when you take a liking to a player ..

But I do like the knew positive attitude … must of been re-read the new rules ..
Someone should read them to you lol

And no, I wasn't read the riot act lol

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
When he was in parra system with a mates son, he said hughes was very good, parra were desperate to keep him.
Front Rowers often bloom late so lets not put too much expectation on him

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I liked the look of him last year and obviously the reports from everyone at the club about his preseason are encouraging... Hopefully he steps up but I hope Bulldogs fans temper their expectations..

Hughes could well end up being good but have a bad first month or two. Either way, people need to remember he's a young player that needs game time so we shouldn't over hype him if he plays well or write him off if he doesn't..
Totally agree. Unfortunately this good sense approach is going to run into TK gameday mania, and the first dropped ball, missed tackle, or penalty he gives away will make him dead to some of the fanbase, who will howl in derision and blame Gus and/or CC.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Although Ciraldo is still relatively inexperienced as an NRL tactical coach, he does have plenty of experience getting younger players ready for first grade.
If Hughes has the ability to succeed, then he is in good hands.
From what I have seen of him in NRL and NSW Cup over past 2 seasons he definitely causes problems for opposing forwards. He obviously has the physical presence we desperately need.
But is a long way from intimidating Fisher-Harris or JWH. Or one of those Melbourne boneheads.
But there's no rush.
Younger players being nurtured through the grades and being told they won't be thrown in the deep end, like Alamoti and Patolo , actually see players like Hughes get to the top, but only when they're ready. Not beforehand and then crucified.
As frustrating as it may be some so-so middle forwards will be picked ahead while players like Hughes and Edwards are warming the bench or even getting minutes up in NSW Cup.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Players should be banned for opinions on how they are going in preseason
Talk is cheap

Win games
To have the right to speak

Shut up
And train hard

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Players should be banned for opinions on how they are going in preseason
Talk is cheap

Win games
To have the right to speak

Shut up
And train hard
Stupid opinion from a clueless old head I’m guessing.

Players aren’t just gonna stand there and say nothing when asked about how the preseason has been tracking.

Please refrain from posting stupid comments like such.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's the news we want to hear though. If he is killing it at training like a lot of people are saying, then I hope he gets rewarded with a starting jumper