Sam Burgess

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Loved the article in the Tele this morning highlighting an email written by a rugby league fan to them .

Always maintained there may have been something dodgy about the retirement as did a lot of others here and in the rugby league world in general .

QUOTE: "How does the MEDICALLY RETIRED" Sam Burgess have the physical capability to be part of SAS Australia on Channel 7" questioned the reader.
"He is showing commendable fortitude to complete SAS type activities, on a shoulder with 25% bone cartilage left, and struggles to lift his arm over 90 degrees" , as was reported at the time of his retirement.
"Is this a case of the Bunnies pulling the wool over the NRL eyes?"
And it is probably a fair question to be asking. : UNQUOTE

And then there is this.......

Sam Burgess’ eye-watering salary for SAS Australia revealed
Sam Burgess’ eye-watering salary for SAS Australia is revealed, and as it turns out, the former Rabbitohs player is the highest paid of all the celebrity contestants on the reality show.

Leah Goulis | September 17, 2021
According to New Idea, the troubled NRL star was offered a whopping $150K to appear in the military-inspired competition, while other celebrities were being offered anywhere between $30K-$50K each.
The salary Sam is reportedly on is the highest the reality TV show has offered a celebrity to compete in the series, with around $80K-$100K allegedly being the most given to convicted drug smuggler, Schapelle Corby, during the premiere series last year.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm also annoyed that no punishment was forthcoming for the bunnies when they covered up his drug binge using the team doctor to prescribe meds to bring him down after a near OD.

Some clubs get away with blue murder, while others cop it big time with punishments.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On topic of the SAS show I read a story(and by the way i wouldnt watch the show even if paid to..well it would have to be $100 at least lol)that the big fella choked out and hospatilized one of the "second stringer" A.J's (army jerks) during an exercise on the show, i LOL'd at that..
One of their gun guys maybe that Ant DH specifically made a point of the fact it wasn't a frontline fella that got shortened up :laughing:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
On topic of the SAS show I read a story(and by the way i wouldnt watch the show even if paid to..well it would have to be $100 at least lol)that the big fella choked out and hospatilized one of the "second stringer" A.J's (army jerks) during an exercise on the show, i LOL'd at that..
One of their gun guys maybe that Ant DH specifically made a point of the fact it wasn't a frontline fella that got shortened up :laughing:
Yes I read that whilst looking at articles on line. Unfortunately hubby decided he would have a look at the show and it was the episode where Burgess told all about his off field issues..father in law got an AVO against him, his wife divorced him and the affair he had...All tear jerkers off course made to get you to feel empathy with him...I have no empathy for him that is for sure.

Looking back at everything that happened whilst he was at Souths, it is a pretty sure bet that there are a few skeletons in the closet that have not been let our....

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes I read that whilst looking at articles on line. Unfortunately hubby decided he would have a look at the show and it was the episode where Burgess told all about his off field issues..father in law got an AVO against him, his wife divorced him and the affair he had...All tear jerkers off course made to get you to feel empathy with him...I have no empathy for him that is for sure.

Looking back at everything that happened whilst he was at Souths, it is a pretty sure bet that there are a few skeletons in the closet that have not been let our....
Same closet as gi's but different skeleton s.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
The salary Sam is reportedly on is the highest the reality TV show has offered a celebrity to compete in the series, with around $80K-$100K allegedly being the most given to convicted drug smuggler, Schapelle Corby, during the premiere series last year.
So the highest two paid people are in good company, they are both scumbags. What a joke, especially that Corby mole.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So the highest two paid people are in good company, they are both scumbags. What a joke, especially that Corby mole.
Ahh she is involved too? wtf!! no wonder i don't watch horseshit "reality" shows or whateverthefuck this is supposed to be.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Na bro you watch it in secret aye
yeh you got me :| Nah when you become a grumpy old man which i'm confident you will(as your already a grumpy young man), utter bullshit will be less easily tolerated.Anything that promotes kingsized fuckheads like Corby and even Burgess who is an immoral tool should be banned from our screens.

rant over lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
yeh you got me :| Nah when you become a grumpy old man which i'm confident you will(as your already a grumpy young man), utter bullshit will be less easily tolerated.Anything that promotes kingsized fuckheads like Corby and even Burgess who is an immoral tool should be banned from our screens.

rant over lol
I won't get old, going to hook up with a hot vampire at like 31-33 and become her servant and become immortal.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
roosters have uncle nick, the rabbits have uncle rusty taking care of business

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I always find it rather distasteful that the most interest is generated by those who are on the worse side of human behaviour.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I always find it rather distasteful that the most interest is generated by those who are on the worse side of human behaviour.
Agree, and I cannot stand reality shows. Even this SAS bullshit show.

Malla

Reaction score
He's a flog, all the money in the world and he still won't be able to see his kids much at all lol oh well