• Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Sam Burgess MEGATHREAD

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's a good point.

I worked in London for 18 months in 1982 and 83. Before I departed I gained assistance from the nrma in how to get an international driver's license.

In 2013 my wife and I did a self drive holiday in the UK for 6 weeks. We went to the nrma and were told our Australian license was all we needed. Don't know when the rules changed or if the different lengths of time made a difference.

It must depend on the country. I haven't driven in Europe but I am sure USA just wanted my Aussie licence, but Japan I needed to apply for this driving permit before I left Australia.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
EAD Burgess.
Racking up before you pick up your kids.. Well done.
Great 'Role Model' he is for the game hey Toddy?
Makes for an interesting discussion about Mr Greenberg and his tenure at the NRL headquarters. Just how many things might have been covered up to an extent ? Under his watch we have had players DUI obtaining glowing references about their character, the hint of favours done in regards to salary cap concessions, players committing domestic violence and being sent for a token rehab visit etc. etc.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sam...the gift that keeps on giving. One would have thought that once he left the game it would be the last we heard of any issues.......makes you wonder just exactly what he did get up to that was miraculously "overlooked". and whether or not the phone incident has any truth to it.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well there you have it, some rich NRL retiree's take drugs.
Is he still on Bennett's helpers list?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Kumar Sangakkara. The other night, I was watching his speech on youtube and what I observed was that the guy is very intelligent, speaks eloquently and is a great role model for kids.

There are a lot of characters in Cricket like Sangakkara.

I don't understand why league has such a bone head culture compared to the other codes?
Brain damage mate, supposed to be the greatest game on earth, "maybe". But certainly the most ruthless game on earth, hence the brain damage

ASSASSIN

BABA YAGA
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It must depend on the country. I haven't driven in Europe but I am sure USA just wanted my Aussie licence, but Japan I needed to apply for this driving permit before I left Australia.
I used my Aussie license in Mexico too.

PS you're right about the US, even used my license to drive a Lambo in Vegas.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Question, Nose Beers Burguess is on a 2 yr good behaviour bond that he received after being found guilty in his case with his ex's old man. So now with his latest incident, being a failed drug test as well as other driving offences, does that constitute as a breaking of said good behaviour bond?

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question, Nose Beers Burguess is on a 2 yr good behaviour bond that he received after being found guilty in his case with his ex's old man. So now with his latest incident, being a failed drug test as well as other driving offences, does that constitute as a breaking of said good behaviour bond?
Good point. Certainly hope so.
One of his mates in high places will miraculously get him outta the shit no doubt though. He'll never learn.
Yet Mr Joe Blow (pardon the pun) gets done for something and his life is permanently stained because of it. Fuck Burgess, he needs a reality check. Toddy can't help him hurdle fuck-ups anymore.

chisdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burgess is a train wreck. It won't end well for him at the rate he's going. I'm sure Fox will keep him on with the other drug fucked hosts like Johns, Finch, Fletcher etc as if nothing has happened. Scarface would run out of coke to supply when those guys hit the town..
Finch was sacked long ago

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Kumar Sangakkara. The other night, I was watching his speech on youtube and what I observed was that the guy is very intelligent, speaks eloquently and is a great role model for kids.

There are a lot of characters in Cricket like Sangakkara.

I don't understand why league has such a bone head culture compared to the other codes?
Because of early brain damage in life