Sam Burgess MEGATHREAD

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
That's a good point.

I worked in London for 18 months in 1982 and 83. Before I departed I gained assistance from the nrma in how to get an international driver's license.

In 2013 my wife and I did a self drive holiday in the UK for 6 weeks. We went to the nrma and were told our Australian license was all we needed. Don't know when the rules changed or if the different lengths of time made a difference.

It must depend on the country. I haven't driven in Europe but I am sure USA just wanted my Aussie licence, but Japan I needed to apply for this driving permit before I left Australia.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
EAD Burgess.
Racking up before you pick up your kids.. Well done.
Great 'Role Model' he is for the game hey Toddy?
Makes for an interesting discussion about Mr Greenberg and his tenure at the NRL headquarters. Just how many things might have been covered up to an extent ? Under his watch we have had players DUI obtaining glowing references about their character, the hint of favours done in regards to salary cap concessions, players committing domestic violence and being sent for a token rehab visit etc. etc.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sam...the gift that keeps on giving. One would have thought that once he left the game it would be the last we heard of any issues.......makes you wonder just exactly what he did get up to that was miraculously "overlooked". and whether or not the phone incident has any truth to it.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well there you have it, some rich NRL retiree's take drugs.
Is he still on Bennett's helpers list?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Kumar Sangakkara. The other night, I was watching his speech on youtube and what I observed was that the guy is very intelligent, speaks eloquently and is a great role model for kids.

There are a lot of characters in Cricket like Sangakkara.

I don't understand why league has such a bone head culture compared to the other codes?
Brain damage mate, supposed to be the greatest game on earth, "maybe". But certainly the most ruthless game on earth, hence the brain damage

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It must depend on the country. I haven't driven in Europe but I am sure USA just wanted my Aussie licence, but Japan I needed to apply for this driving permit before I left Australia.
I used my Aussie license in Mexico too.

PS you're right about the US, even used my license to drive a Lambo in Vegas.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Question, Nose Beers Burguess is on a 2 yr good behaviour bond that he received after being found guilty in his case with his ex's old man. So now with his latest incident, being a failed drug test as well as other driving offences, does that constitute as a breaking of said good behaviour bond?

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Question, Nose Beers Burguess is on a 2 yr good behaviour bond that he received after being found guilty in his case with his ex's old man. So now with his latest incident, being a failed drug test as well as other driving offences, does that constitute as a breaking of said good behaviour bond?
Good point. Certainly hope so.
One of his mates in high places will miraculously get him outta the shit no doubt though. He'll never learn.
Yet Mr Joe Blow (pardon the pun) gets done for something and his life is permanently stained because of it. Fuck Burgess, he needs a reality check. Toddy can't help him hurdle fuck-ups anymore.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Burgess is a train wreck. It won't end well for him at the rate he's going. I'm sure Fox will keep him on with the other drug fucked hosts like Johns, Finch, Fletcher etc as if nothing has happened. Scarface would run out of coke to supply when those guys hit the town..
Finch was sacked long ago

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But wait! Sam is such a good bloke, how could this possibly be true?????

Oh shit, sorry. For a second there I was believing the sicophantic souffs media......

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Kumar Sangakkara. The other night, I was watching his speech on youtube and what I observed was that the guy is very intelligent, speaks eloquently and is a great role model for kids.

There are a lot of characters in Cricket like Sangakkara.

I don't understand why league has such a bone head culture compared to the other codes?
Because of early brain damage in life

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few streets lol Glenquary to Braemar is 25 to 30 minutes and you have to pass through Bowral and Mittagong
It was just something which was initially mentioned through the media
The bigger picture !

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol at the article in the Telegraph. Seems some believe Burgess was set up so he would be pulled over..........the Police have debunked this little gem by stating that their police cars are equipped with hi tech cameras and it was able to identify the vehicle as unregistered, there was no 'tip off'. Using all the information to twist the story to suit the defence of Burgess...he was supposed to have the kids delivered to him at the rental property he has at Bowral but was then notified several hours before that he needed to change that arrangement to pick up the kids up himself....